Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by nntrixie
    gemini

I do know how you feel. Although, my husban speaks Spanish fluently, so did my Father and my Stepmother is of Mexican ancestry so I have always thought it was kinda neat.

I will admit that I don't have quite the same warm and fuzzy feeling now that I hear it all the time and it is as if I am supposed to learn it - not them learn English.

It doesn't set well to think our children will need to speak it, but reality is what it is. I had always heard that Spanish was the second most spoken language - evidently it is Chinese - that's a kinda 'duh'. I do believe, though it is the second most 'widely' spoken language. At present Chinese is kinda geographical.

If you speak Spanish there are many countries in which you could communicate. My niece is Italian and she and my husband manage to at least talk.

So, as I said, reality is what it is.
    The sad thing is I am all for learning about different cultures and what not except when I am FORCED to learn it. I am being forced to learn or deal with a language all the while people who do not speak the language of OUR land easily get welfare and other social services to accommodate them in their every day lives and it is unfair. The logistics of it is completely unfair and I do not agree with it. It isn't racism at all it's just that I speak the language of my country as do other citizens and yet we are cast aside all for the sake of being PC. And the funny thing is these people who come here and take what they want are the ignorant ones because english is not just spoken here it's also spoken in England, Canada, Australia, and all over europe plus Asia so tell me when english became a language not worth learning? And if our elected officials want us to learn spanish then provide free day care and free spanish classes like they do for these people to learn english.

The language of business has been ENGLISH, the students of most "westernized" and many other nations learn English and access is made available for those with the desire to learn English in their native countries. However in the United States "our" children are forced in many ways to learn spanish so they can communicate with the invading ILLEGALS for the benefit of the Elitist Politicians and their Elitist Contributors and Special Interest Groups. Reference the Presidential candidates of the two "major" political parties.

gemini

I agree with you, it is a bitter pill. I'm thinking we could do something if we could all just get together and work together. While I do contact the politicians, I don't hold out much hope. We are only putting off the inevitable as long as we depend on the government.

Iccat

I absolutely agree.

Unless and until we decide to completely clean house in Washington and band together with a concerted effort, this will be a done deal - and very soon.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by nntrixie
    gemini

I agree with you, it is a bitter pill. I'm thinking we could do something if we could all just get together and work together. While I do contact the politicians, I don't hold out much hope. We are only putting off the inevitable as long as we depend on the government.

Iccat

I absolutely agree.

Unless and until we decide to completely clean house in Washington and band together with a concerted effort, this will be a done deal - and very soon.
    I look @ the bailout and it gives me hope and that amnesty has not passed does as well. If it was a done deal it would be done already and even if amnesty is passed it does not mean we give up because we'll be continued to swallow these bitter pills.

I look @ the bailout and it gives me hope and that amnesty has not passed does as well. If it was a done deal it would be done already and even if amnesty is passed it does not mean we give up because we'll be continued to swallow these bitter pills.

I'm not giving up - truly I'm not.

YOu are right, it hasn't happened yet, and this President did announce it as one of his first objectives, so there's room for hope.

By far, most people of this country want something done about illegal immigration - they don't want amnesty.

With that in mind, look at the ones the so called parties gave us to vote for - two pro illegal candidates.

Up until the financial fiasco, it was the most important domestic issue in this country - yet it is a non issue for the campaigns.

We did defeat amnesty before, maybe again. It will depend how near to the next election it happens.

I think it is a done deal, but I could be wrong. It is possible, we could stave it off long enough for local and state officials to be persuaded to do something.

There are things we can do even if amnesty passes, but it will take our working together. Politics could help, but it is going to take more. I wish we could begin before we are presented with amnesty, though.

As to the bitter pills, if you mean language, I realize it is hateful to be faced with having to learn a foreign language in order to get a job because of the people who are here illegally.

We will probably disagree, but I'm thinking it is a necessity. Our sovereignty has been breached and I'm not sure we can put that genie completely back in the bottle. I think it could be a safety issue as well. This is an invasion, an occupation, if you will. It would be a good thing to know what the people around you are saying.

But I am not good at getting the message out -I can't convince my son his kids need it. My husband is teaching them some, but with baseball, football, band, cheerleading, etc., they don't have any extra time.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345