Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Illegals are not the only people getting caught driving without a valid driver's licesne. There are legal residents and citizens with warrants who fled other states as well. Then you have people who are driving with suspended licesnes for things like DUI's, repeat traffic offender, unapid tickets, and failure to pay child support. Uninsured driver's are also caught and they could be anyone.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by swatchick
    Illegals are not the only people getting caught driving without a valid driver's licesne. There are legal residents and citizens with warrants who fled other states as well. Then you have people who are driving with suspended licesnes for things like DUI's, repeat traffic offender, unapid tickets, and failure to pay child support. Uninsured driver's are also caught and they could be anyone.
    Good point. There are many people driving without a license for various other reasons....not just immigration status. In the end ...the point is....we have driver's licenses for a good reason. Anyone who is driving should have a license and if they don't then they should be arrested. If Mexicans want a driver's license they can apply for one in Mexico where they qualify to get one.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

* Fourth Amendment – Protection from unreasonable search and seizure.

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Check points are police state crap and illegal too. Where's the probable cause? Driving down the street is not enough. When you give up freedom for security you have nether.

check points unfair to illegals? Check points are unfair to all drivers, but the safety of the public over rides fairness. We have check points all over this town and they are annoying at times. Yet, if you are driving legally there is nothing to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by domack

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Check points are police state crap and illegal too. Where's the probable cause? Driving down the street is not enough. When you give up freedom for security you have nether.
    Check points are legal and that is why we do them all the time. You have DUI checkpoints and seat belt check points. There is no law against those as it is not a search. Police can only search a vehicle if you give them permission or you are arrested. I am not sure about immigration check points but in the 80's there was a case that went to the supreme court and at that time it was considered legal.

Check points are legal and that is why we do them all the time. You have DUI checkpoints and seat belt check points. There is no law against those as it is not a search. Police can only search a vehicle if you give them permission or you are arrested. I am not sure about immigration check points but in the 80's there was a case that went to the supreme court and at that time it was considered legal.
    So they made it legal doesn't mean we condone something that is a clearly a police state tactic. Seat belt check points this is the same government who won't close the board, but they want to check your seat belt? Somethings wrong with this picture.!

So they made it legal doesn't mean we condone something that is a clearly a police state tactic. Seat belt check points this is the same government who won't close the board, but they want to check your seat belt? Somethings wrong with this picture.!
    domack, what planet have you been living on for the past 40 years?? Checkpoints have been around for as long as I can remember. I have no problem with them as I and most people have nothing to hide. Do you?
    We need to set up thousands more of them along with ICE checkpoints until the problem with illegal immigration south of the border is under control. Doesn't sound politically correct does it? Good. I've had enough of this PC BS. I don't care if one is Mexican, Honduran, Salvadoran, Brazilian, Cuban, Haitian, Dominican, etc. They all need to get the message that if they are violating American law they aren't welcome here!
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

The ACLU hasn't won here yet?
    You cannot dedicate yourself to America unless you become in every
    respect and with every purpose of your will thoroughly Americans. You
    cannot become thoroughly Americans if you think of yourselves in groups. President Woodrow Wilson

So am I getting this straight?

A few cities around the state have eased towing policies for unlicensed drivers. These include Cathedral City in the Riverside County, San Francisco and the Los Angeles County cities of Huntington Park and Bell Gardens.
    Now arn't at least two of these counties listed here all up in arms because someone else in another state is enforcing the law?

Does anyone wonder why Ca is broke when this is the way the law is enforced and they spend 44 million a month just for foodstamps for anchor babies?..................... In one county????

When I was 16 I went through a checkpoint and lost my license, Shame on me for being an American eh?

Of course then 1974 was a long time ago and we learned what are called "Morals" then.

I sure am happy that Ahnold is happy they are taking advantage of the services at 14 billion a year,
    Illegal, or unlawful, is used to describe something that is prohibited or not authorized by law

You don't have to have a check point to catch illegals. In Collier County they catch them everyday. Florida Highway Patrol caught them for traffic violation in South Miami Dade County.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast