Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

CA - Jeff Schwilk leads San Diego Minutemen

This is illegal friendly southern CA, keep that in mind. The Minutemen aren't perfect but I applaud them, especially in this state. Actually I think they are mainly responsible for making the issue of illegal immigration a major topic by erecting fences on the border financed by donations from citizens. They just want our laws enforced, is that so bad?

http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2006/12 ... _23_06.txt

Jeff Schwilk leads San Diego Minutemen

Dec 23, 2006

By: EDWARD SIFUENTES - Staff Writer

NORTH COUNTY ---- Depending on which side of the immigration debate one stands, Jeff Schwilk and his group, the San Diego Minutemen, are either patriots defending the country from a mass illegal immigration invasion or a vigilante group victimizing vulnerable working people.

The North County-based San Diego Minutemen are part of a vast network of groups calling themselves "minutemen," but who are linked more by ideology than formal organizational structures. Members say they believe illegal immigration is literally ruining the country through crime, cultural degradation and an ever-widening welfare state.

Their prescription calls for sealing the border and deporting as many illegal immigrants as possible. In North County this year, they have protested day-labor sites, pressed law enforcement to raze migrant camps at McGonigle Canyon and cheered city councils proposing ordinances targeting illegal immigrants.

"Little do the people of these communities realize that Mr. Schwilk made your community much safer by bringing the issue of illegal alien lawlessness to the public attention," Ray Carney, a Fallbrook anti-illegal immigration activist who is not a member of the group, wrote in a recent e-mail to the North County Times. "Everyone should be grateful to Mr. Schwilk for his efforts."

Law enforcement officials declined to comment directly about the group. Immigration enforcement and sheriff's spokespeople said the group has a right to protest, but declined to say whether it helps or hurts law enforcement.

"Immigration law is very complex for people to understand," said Lauren Mack, spokeswoman for the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement in San Diego. "How it's applied is even more complex."

Critics argue that the minutemen's tactics and their sentiments amount to a dangerous brand of persecution aimed primarily at Latinos. Some go further, calling the group racist.

"My view is that the minutemen are the 21st century's Ku Klux Klan," said Bill Flores, an Escondido activist and retired San Diego County assistant sheriff. "They will dress up their racist attitudes as an immigration issue and act as if they are the victims and not the day laborers."

Schwilk, who founded the local group last year, adamantly rejects the accusation that his group is racist. He said the group includes many Latinos and people of varying backgrounds.

"It's rhetoric from people that have an agenda that doesn't fit America's agenda and that's OK," Schwilk said of the criticisms. "We'll continue to battle their lies and rhetoric with truth and results."

He added: "We are not appealing to racist groups (or) Aryan groups. There's nothing in it for them; we don't do anything that would appeal to them."

Group targets labor sites

Formed in late 2005, the San Diego Minutemen rose to prominence earlier this year by targeting day-labor sites around North County. Their protests in Vista drew loud counterprotests from immigrant and civil rights groups, including the Vista-based Coalition for Justice, Peace and Dignity.

Activists on both sides filmed one another with video cameras, as minutemen and civil rights groups and taunted one another with chants and picket signs.

The anti-illegal immigration minuteman movement was born last year when Jim Gilchrist, an Orange County accountant, launched his Minuteman Project, a civilian border-watch group that traveled to Arizona in April, 2005, for a monthlong stakeout along the border.

Schwilk, a retired Marine from Oceanside, joined the California Minuteman Project, a group founded by and Oceanside resident Jim Chase, for a similar vigil along the California border in eastern San Diego County. But Schwilk left the group in October to form his own and focus his efforts closer to his community, he said.

The group has a list of about 350 members, Schwilk said. But membership is loosely defined: There are no formal membership rules, no fees or an application. They communicate largely through e-mail alerting each other about rallies and other events.

"We're more of a loose-knit network of concerned citizens," he said. "If you come out and work with us and help us out, then you can call yourself a San Diego Minuteman if you want."

Schwilk likened the group to a "Neighborhood Watch." The group accepts occasional donations from people, but it is not an organized nonprofit, he said.

He often wears jeans, a T-shirt and baseball cap giving him the look of an ordinary, middle-age man, while directing members of his group at rallies through cell phones and walkie talkies. A 21-year veteran of the Marines, Schwilk said he lives primarily off his military pension. He is in the process of a divorce and has no children.

Volunteer observers with the minuteman movement drive to traditional day-labor sites, where large groups of predominantly Latino men are hired for odd jobs. A group of about a dozen or more minutemen target the sites, filming and deterring would-be employers, telling them that most of the men are illegal immigrants.

Some success, leader says

Schwilk claims the group has had some success in reducing attendance at some of the sites his group has targeted. He also scored some political victories earlier this year, pressing the Vista City Council to adopt its day-labor ordinance that prohibits employers from hiring the workers without registering at City Hall first.

That law is being challenged in court by the American Civil Liberties Union.

In their protests, Schwilk said the group has some basic rules of conduct for volunteers. The rules, posted on the group's Web site, include "no alcohol or drugs," "never engage in conversation" with counterprotesters, and tell potential employers "it is illegal to hire illegals."

Most recently, the group helped organize protest attended by nearly 200 flag-carrying demonstrators at McGonigle Canyon near Rancho Penasquitos, where migrant workers have traditionally built makeshift shacks in which to live. Newly elected state Sen. Mark Wyland, R-Carlsbad, was among those who participated.

Flores and other critics say the fact that several prominent elected officials have participated in similar demonstrations is troubling. Former state Sen. Bill Morrow, R-Oceanside, last year attended California Minuteman vigils at the border and Rep. Brian Bilbray, R-Escondido, recently shared the stage with Schwilk at a rally organized by another group in Escondido.

"What's disturbing is that certain elected officials would give their ear to extremists and give these groups an air of legitimacy," said Flores, spokesman for El Grupo, a coalition of civil rights and Latino activist groups from around the county. "I think it's very shortsighted of politicians to align themselves with these groups."

Bilbray could not be reached for comment. His spokesman said he was unsure if the congressman knew Schwilk.

Escondido Councilwoman Marie Waldron was among a slate of candidates endorsed by the group in this year's primary elections. At a news conference accepting their endorsement, Waldron called the minutemen "fine Americans and patriots who are working to secure our borders because our government has failed to do so."

Waldron later proposed an ordinance passed by the Escondido council to punish landlords who rent to illegal immigrants. Civil rights activists successfully sued to block the city from enforcing the law.

Privately, racial references fly

While Schwilk and the minutemen publicly say they reject potential members who are motivated by racism, critics say e-mails and other communications show that he is an extremist.

In several e-mails obtained by the North County Times and verified by Schwilk, the minuteman leader has used people's ethnicity and nationality to refer to immigrant rights activists and politicians.

Longtime North County immigrant-rights activist Claudia Smith also created a Web site, www.minutemenunvarnished.com, that includes video clips showing minutemen volunteers bumping into day laborers, shouting obscenities and questioning people's immigration status and patriotism.

Schwilk and others in his group say video clips on the site are carefully edited to mislead the viewers. But Schwilk, who uses e-mail to rally and organize the group's members, has sent e-mails containing derogatory racial and sexual references about people who oppose and observe his group.

In an e-mail dated Sept. 7, 2006, Schwilk referred to a civil rights observer who has watched the minutemen at day-labor sites as "the Korean anorexic ACLU slut." The subject line reads "Lying Commie Bitch (...) Exposed!"

He also refers to immigrant-rights activists as the "Klan with a Tan."

And speaking in the same note about an activist who disturbed cones placed on a Carlsbad sidewalk by the minutemen, he writes: "If I catch her kicking our personal property again, I will personally put her in the dirt."

When asked about the e-mail, Schwilk said the note was intended for a close circle of people and not for the public.

Sitting in a conference room in the Vista office of the North County Times within view of the shopping center where his group has held many of its protests, Schwilk paused to read the message, cleared his throat and said those were his words and he stood by them.

"She works for the ACLU. She is Korean. She looks anorexic, and she dresses and looks like a slut," he said.

Schwilk said he is sometimes frustrated by tactics used by immigrant rights activists, such as distributing fliers with his picture doctored to look like he is speaking at a KKK rally and falsely accusing the minutemen of beating migrants. He said the e-mail may have been a result of his frustration with activists.

"If I occasionally let my language slip to a small group of people, that's my frustration with these people," he said. "I consider them less than human in the way that they conduct themselves as human beings, absolutely."

Law enforcement officers have issued citations to both minutemen and immigrant rights activists on incidents involving pushing and shoving. Minutemen say they have been assaulted by both activists and migrant workers. But immigrant rights activist say they worry about increasing tensions.

"I've never seen it this bad," said Tina Jillings, who founded the Coalition for Justice, Peace and Dignity and frequently counterprotests minutemen rallies in Vista. "It's a campaign of hate and bigotry and racism."

One comment so far:
    American Vet wrote on December 23, 2006 10:32 PM:"I and my fellow Marines salute Jeff and his fine group of patriots. They have brought great awareness to this illegal alien crisis in San Diego. They seem to have done it in a very civil and effective way. The ACLU and their supporters are being exposed for the commies that they are. Bill Flores is a retired sheriff? What a dishonor to LE. He should be fighting the illegal crisis instead of throwing false allegations at good Americans. He is obviously La Raza and against the rule of law."
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Comments On This Story

Note: Comments reflect the views of readers and not necessarily those of the North County Times or its staff.

American Vet wrote on December 23, 2006 10:32 PM:"I and my fellow Marines salute Jeff and his fine group of patriots. They have brought great awareness to this illegal alien crisis in San Diego. They seem to have done it in a very civil and effective way. The ACLU and their supporters are being exposed for the commies that they are. Bill Flores is a retired sheriff? What a dishonor to LE. He should be fighting the illegal crisis instead of throwing false allegations at good Americans. He is obviously La Raza and against the rule of law."

to American Vet wrote on December 23, 2006 10:57 PM:"Slinging the "commie" word is both outdated and ignorant. And you accuse Flores of hurling false allegations? Sir, you are a walking hypocrisy. Whenever someone does not agree with you do you automatically hurl insults and label them dishonorable? I would expect better from former military, but I guess that is expecting too much."

La Raza Hate wrote on December 23, 2006 11:03 PM:"was unveiled last spring. Brown Berets shouted for gringos to go back to Europe. (But the chinese can stay.) My view is that California is being invaded by foriegn aggressors. The Federal government is mired by political pandering, incompetence, and outright corruption. Dozens of Border Patrol officers have succumbed to bribes. El Grupo represents the white race of hispanic orgin since most are also of mostly European decent. However, a brief time south of the border has created a group hatred and envy of American ideals and prosperity."

concerned_mother wrote on December 23, 2006 11:05 PM:"I just checked out the SDMM website and these guys and gals are really making a difference! I encourage everyone to read for yourself what is really going on in San Diego due to this illegal invasion! These day labor sites are really out of control! I never knew over 90% of the workers were here illegally! I no longer feel safe taking my children out to Home Depot anymore and don't understand why so many people encourage this criminal behavior!?!?! Hire service members or legal residents! STOP aiding and abetting this lawlessness! HirePatriots.com "

hmmm wrote on December 23, 2006 11:10 PM:"I wonder what the elected officials who used Schwilk and the minutemen to help get elected have to say about the slurs he throws around? Why didn't Bilbray talk for this article? I hope he's ashamed of himself for standing with someone whose agenda is so transparently racist. I don't care what Schwilk does with himself. But the people we pay to represent us should not be associating themselves with hatemongers. Shame on Bilbray, Waldron and any other representative who has sided with the Minutemen."

Martha in Poway wrote on December 23, 2006 11:15 PM:"The "illegal immigration crisis" is another faux crisis, like the so-called "Social Security crisis" (whatever happened to THAT???), exploited by right-wing politicians to distract voters from the REAL crises facing our nation -- including BILLIONS wasted (and out-and-out lost) in our real and organized invasion, destruction and occupation of another sovereign nation. Wake up, people! The problem is NOT people unlike yourself -- but our leaders who are sacking our nation's treasury of life and wealth to line their own pockets and those of their big corporate donors. Jeff Schwilk and his "Minutemen" are suckers falling for this shell game. Don't make the same mistake."

averagelawbreaker wrote on December 23, 2006 11:27 PM:"I sure wish Bill Flores was the arresting officer when I got my DUI! He sure would have saved me a lot of money had he defended law breakers back then as much as he does now!!! Or did I have to pay to break the law because I'm a citizen? It seems so one sided! What other laws are okay to break? Identity theft? Child prostitution? Open fires? Squatting? Fraud? MURDER??? What don't these people understand about ILLEGAL? How much more will the tax payers have to pay? "

Wake Up San Diego wrote on December 23, 2006 11:28 PM:"If it weren't for thousands of fine Americans standing up against 3 million illegal aliens coming here per year, Bush would have passed his Amnesty for 20 million illegals long ago. Kudos to these heroes brave enough to stand up to the well financed and fully entrenched ACLU and the illegal alien activists like Flores, Claudia Smith and Enrique Moronass."

Aztlan wrote on December 23, 2006 11:35 PM:"The Chicano fable of Aztlan is not merely an benign story. It is the entrance to a malignant cultural hate war against Americans. New and largely uneducated illegal immigrants are being seduced by the fable of hate. La Raza understands the real foundations of their motives, and will never speak ill of those who unjustly battle against the American worker. El Grupo hopes to recruit support from those now illegally transgressing the border to gain control of California and eject the current culture of justice, peace, and prosperity, and replace it with a culture of corruption, class, favoritism, and intolerance. "

Cal_Patriot wrote on December 23, 2006 11:38 PM:"I am proud of the stand that Schwilk and the SDMM have taken in confronting the illegal invasion (what else would you call 20+ million foreign nationals entering your country w/o your permission?) of our county. Our so-called "leaders", from the President, Senate, State and local politicians, the Unions, to the Catholic Church have turned their back on our children's birthright. It's nice to know that we can still count on the Marines and others like them! God bless America! "

VistaJoyce wrote on December 23, 2006 11:39 PM:""I've never seen it this bad," said Tina Jillings. What a laugh, she's leading the campaign of hate and bigotry and racism. I have personally seen her lash out at others simply because of the color of their skin (if it's not brown), predetermine they are the racists (especially if you do not share her view) and lie to the police. Jeff, thank you for all you have done for Vista! Keep up the good work. Secure borders. Secure America."

Go SDMM wrote on December 23, 2006 11:44 PM:"San Diego Minutemen have sacrifice many hours of their lives to bring awareness to our serious immigration problem. I am Hispanic and because of illegal immigration I am targetted as a Mexican in general. All legal Americans of Mexican descent should speak out against Illegal immigration, because the illegals are dragging us legal hard working Mexicans down. My parents migrated from Mexico to give me a better life. That is what I have done, made a good life for myself and my family through hard work and EDUCATION. I love America, it is my country, Not Mexico."

Private emails?! wrote on December 23, 2006 11:51 PM:"How is it that Mr. Schwilks private e-mails ended up in the hands of the local newspaper. Isn't it against the law to print someones private emails without their permission. Even Claudia open boarders Smith as a former lawyer would know the answer to that question. Seriously, this concerns me, that a newspaper would obtain that kind of information. If I was Mr. Schwilk I would check into who gave those emails to the newspaper."

Thank goodness wrote on December 23, 2006 11:53 PM:"I am so thankful these Minute people have done something I have been talking about for years. They made voices be heard in Washington, and now even the new President of Mexico wants to create jobs in Mexico so people won't want to leave."

Hooray! wrote on December 23, 2006 11:53 PM:"For all the hypocrites who approve of ILLEGAL immigration I ask you why YOU lock your homes and cars? Isn't it to keep out unwanted people from stealing what belongs to you and from harming your loved ones? Why don't you HYPOCRITES lead by example (leaving your property unlocked) before asking us to open our borders, our wallets and leave our families vulnerable to attack! "

Officer in picture says what? wrote on December 24, 2006 12:03 AM:"Let me get this right. The police officer, harasses US citizens telling them they are entering private property yet ignores the 300 illegals who are/were squatting on this same private property. A canyon, I have read, that these squatters destroyed for years with their trash, human waste and fires not to mention prostitution, drug dealing and public drunkeness.What is going on? Amazing! Who is this officer and what country does he work for? Thank you Mr. Schwilk and other minutemen, you are a true patriots. Officer whoever, what were you thinking?"

Add Your Comments or Letter to the Editor

Wow, the comments are flying in. I think I posted this about 20 min ago and only one comment was there then. Hot button issue for sure.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Most Commented-On
    Stories This Week

Oceanside police officer shot dead in traffic stop (242)
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=49371

Teen arrested, officer identified in Oceanside shooting death (99)

Special election would cost San Marcos much more than estimated (89)

Escondido council denies winter shelter request (73)

Oceanside police arrest second suspect in fatal shooting of officer (64)

Oceanside leaders want to tackle crime problems (60)

Civil rights groups vow to keep pressure on Escondido (57)

Letters to the Editor - 12/21/2006 (56)

Lawsuit filed against company, driver in fatal Ramona crash (52)

Murrieta teen awarded $250,000 for his dominance in Halo 2 (49)

http://www.nctimes.com/opinion/

GFN wrote on December 24, 2006 12:09 AM:"You guys are magnificent. You do what we are too "busy", "ignorant", or "lazy" to do. Our federal government, especially Darrel Issa, is nothing but lame on this issue. What has he said lately about the situation other than we should have stronger prison sentences for the smugglers? Nothing I remember...am I wrong Rep. Issa? Please let me know."

Effect of wrote on December 24, 2006 12:10 AM:"Illegal immigration has began to infridge upon the quality of life of legal American citizens of all Nationalities. Doesn't anyone from the open borders side see that. Illegal immigration will effect the legal children of illegals as well too. No one but big business and greedy people benefit from illegal immigration, including the illegals themselves. Thay are being victimized everyday and open border activist allow that to continue. When it becomes impossible to penetrate and enter the US, then Mexico will have no choice but to create a country of opprotunity for its people. Close borders is the starting point for the Mexican people to prosper in their own country. "

to private wrote on December 24, 2006 12:14 AM:"Mr. Schwilk's e-mails are all over the place -- he uses them to recruit and rally members, just like the story says. Anyone even vaguely interested in this topic can get on his list -- the story said there are more than 300 people on it. Besides, the real issue is that in public he says he is not racist, then in "private" -- which no e-mails really are -- he attacks people using their race, and worse. How is that not hypocritical? How can anyone who cares only about the illegal immigration issue and not about racial hatred support someone who says such things? Schwilk and the minutemen say one thing to the public and say another thing to their racist supporters."

Whay don't you expose the lying Mr. Morones wrote on December 24, 2006 12:22 AM:"Mr. Schwilk seems very tame and also appears to be pretty straight forward and honest. In comparison I have listened to Morones continually lie and try to spin things. That is what he does! Anyone that opposes "illegal" immigration is referred to as a racists. This is a very strong word and accusation just because one wants our laws to be followed and is not welcoming to people who steal across our borders. Mr. Schwilk I understand your frustrations and I appreciate your efforts. Thank you!!"

DW wrote on December 24, 2006 12:23 AM:"I care about solving the illegal immigration crisis, which is precisely why I don't support the minutemen. What so many fail to realize is that the people who will actually solve this problem are not the screaming minutemen OR the screaming "La Raza" people. They are the ones in between who are really interested in balancing our economic and human rights needs with the need to remain a strong, secure nation. I'm proud to live in a nation where people like the minutemen and the pro-illegal activists are allowed to protest. But they are both on the wrong track. It's up to the sane to fix this problem. Let's rise up with reason. "

GFN
    wrote on December 24, 2006 12:26 AM:"Is this the biggest bunch of "Politician Bovine Solid Waste" you ever read???? Congressman Brian Bilbray's spokesman said he was "unsure if the congressman knew Schwilk." This from the man who lives in Virginia and wins an election in San Diego County on a one-trick pony; illegal immigration. No trust in Congress; not hard to figure out why. "

Responce to private wrote on December 24, 2006 12:27 AM:"And open borders groups don't say one thing and do another. Guess that only counts when its in the open borders favor. I have heard Claudia Smith say point blank to Schwilk that, "We are taking over better get used to it." Talk about two faced. You open borders people allow teen aged rape to go on, crowded living spaces and the exploitation of illegals and you think your are doing them a favor. You drive around in a BMW so you can drop off a cup of ice and a bottle of water to these guys, so you can go home and feel better about yourself? Whatever!"

to private
    wrote on December 24, 2006 12:35 AM:"I don't support open borders, I drive an American car, and I think the La Raza people are just as two-faced and crazy as Schwilk. Doesn't change the fact that the man is hypocritical and racist. "

So thankful for the Minutemen wrote on December 24, 2006 12:38 AM:"I have seen the woman Mr.Schwilk refers to in one of his emails. She, along with others, gets within about 6 inches of people's faces with their video cameras. The restraint the MM show is amazing. The El Grupo emails refer to the "white racists" etc just because people oppose illegal immigration. Now who are the true racists and people who slander. They do this publicly as well. The MM are just asking for our laws to be followed! "

Responce to Private wrote on December 24, 2006 12:51 AM:"Maybe if you got to know Schwilk and not belive all the BS you read in the paper you'd have a different opinion. If you saw first hand what really goes on you wouldn't think he was a nut. Don't fall prey to everything you hear or read, question everything the media prints."

GFN wrote on December 24, 2006 12:52 AM:"The scariest part of this whole article...the words of one of our government's finest, "Immigration law is very complex for people to understand," said Lauren Mack, spokeswoman for the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement in San Diego. "How it's applied is even more complex." In other words, you, the ordinary citizen is too stupid to understand what your reps are doing, or even more frightning, our reps are too incompetent to even know what they are doing. I believe they don't know; they are that bad."

Jeff, SDMM wrote on December 24, 2006 1:08 AM:"OK, all the people that read a slanted article in the NCT and think you know me, you don't. In the one email (out of hundreds) I refer to Joanne as the Korean ACLU activist that stalks us everywhere we go and lies to the police telling them we attack the migrants. She was working with a Latina activist that day and I was merely differentiating between the two girls who look similar. Many people think Joanne is Hispanic, but she is not. I speak Korean and have been to Korea (love the place). We are not racist, not in private, not in public, not ever - I have Spanish blood in me. La Raza on the other hand is very racist and hates and Americans and whites who speak out against illegal immigration. Wake up people. The truth is right in front of you. SDMM is merely a group that presses our elected leaders to uphold the law and the Constitution. We need secure borders and we will fight for them!"

Diogenes wrote on December 24, 2006 1:20 AM:"Try this simple test…..If you suspect Mr. Schwilk of racism, assuming of course that you are not of Mr. Schwilk’s race, approach him at one of his Minuteman operations. Tell him only that you love your country. Have someone video tape from afar or wear a concealed microphone and record the reaction of Mr. Schwilk and those around him. Regardless of your color, ethnicity, political affiliation or any other parameter you might choose, you will receive a warm welcome and experience dignity and acceptance that has become all to rare in today’s world. I know, because I have witnessed this myself on many occasions. He who screams “racist” the loudest is in most cases the most guilty of all at practicing racism, it appears from my observations. "

Schwilk is a SAINT! wrote on December 24, 2006 1:23 AM:"I thank him from the bottom of my heart for his fight against the illegal invasion. He is NOT racist, that is the excuse Flores and those who support ILLEGAL immigration throw around because there is NO excuse for not supporting the laws of our country."

E in LB wrote on December 24, 2006 1:24 AM:"THANK YOU Jeff and SDMM. Right before reading this article I learned the suspect in the Long Beach police shooting (two officers shot several times yesterday 12-22)is an illegal alien who has been deported several times. How many more police and innocent people must die before Americans WAKE UP? Jeff and SDMM keep up the good work. We need more MEN such as Jeff."

Randy wrote on December 24, 2006 2:11 AM:"The Minuteman lack any evidence of compassion. Devoid of the milk of human kindness, are the Minuteman truly human in any sense of the word? If the Minutemen are not human, why are the rest of us standing on the sidelines, allowing them to dominate both the Escondido and Vista city councils? Stirring up hatred for the powerless is the same tactic that Hitler used to rise to power in Germany. Our tolerance of the intolerant will ultimately rend the fabric of American society."

to Martha wrote on December 24, 2006 2:44 AM:"I used to think like you. Then I listened to the La Raza speakers last spring. The illegal immigrants have no connection with any American politicians. La Raza teaches that this land was stolen from Mexico after the unjust Mexican American war. They quote Lincoln and Grant to support the idea that the war was unjust. Right now they are executing a strategy for the 'peaceful reconquest' of the American Southwest. Wake up Martha!"

An American opinines wrote on December 24, 2006 5:08 AM:"anything he does to get rid of the illeghal aliens is good"

Active Duty Law Enforcement wrote on December 24, 2006 5:15 AM:"The fact that this man can be "outed" and exposed for who he is with his own words and still so many stand beside him is a frightening statement. For the record: Bill Flores is an articulate, reasonable man who represents the large majority of activity duty cops. It is politicans in search of ink and air time like Waldron and her cronies that have us all rolling are eyes in frustration and disgust under the helmets and gas masks they have forced us into. "

Minutewoman wrote on December 24, 2006 6:07 AM:"This news item clinched it for me; I am the most recent member of the Minutemen. I've watched this phenomenon for some time and at close range. My decision is made; I'm on board. I'm not by nature, a 'joiner' but this group echoes my values and earns my respect. Check the racism at the door; all races are represented. I've watched and criticized and analyzed. Sooner or later all of us need to respond. Take that poll if you dare."

Vista Vet wrote on December 24, 2006 7:07 AM:"NTC why is it that you can print private emails in your article yet censor my comments that have web sites on them to educate citizens about the coming North American Union, the driving force behind govenment scanctioned illegal immigration??? Without the MM the public would not know the facts about the illegal immigration invasion."

I say Bravo Minutemen. When are people going to get it through their thick heads these illegals are criminals and invaders, many of them criminals in their own countries (murderers,rapists,child molesters, etc.). How many Americans have already been killed on our highways by them? How many Americans killed by their gang members? How many Americans have been raped by them? How many American Children raped by them? Now they even call for an overthrow of America! We have a right as Americans to protect ourselves and our families and other citizens from harm and danger. Would there be a need for groups like the Minutemen if Washington did it's job to begin with or at least was doing it now?

ACLU fulfilling communist agenda
    wrote on December 24, 2006 7:07 AM:"Every day, the headlines scream with some new threat from the American Civil Liberties Union. I believe it's important to look behind the curtain and discover the origins of groups and organizations to better understand their activities. The ACLU was founded in the 1920s by Roger Baldwin and Crystal Eastman, described as a "progressive" and "the perfect feminist." Earl Browder was general secretary of the Communist Party of the United States from 1930 through its dissolution in 1944. When the party was reconstituted as the Communist Political Association later that year, Browder was chosen as its president. Browder proudly proclaimed that the ACLU functioned as "a transmission belt" for the party. To deny the ACLU's founding was attached at the hip to communist organizations is to deny what can easily be proven as truth. For the past few decades, the ACLU has been on a major crusade to destroy Christianity in America, promote filth under "freedom of speech and expression," and of course, vigorously defend the homosexual culture of death. On Jan. 10, 1963, Congressman Albert S. Herlong Jr., D-Fla., read a list of 45 communist goals into the Congressional Record. Below are the communist goals being implemented by the ACLU in their quest to destroy America's culture and traditions: Use technical decisions of the courts to weaken basic American institutions, by claiming their activities violate civil rights. Get control of the schools. Use them as transmission belts for socialism and current communist propaganda. Soften the curriculum. Get control of teachers associations. Put the party line in textbooks. Continue discrediting American culture by degrading all form of artistic expression. An American communist cell was told to "eliminate all good sculpture from parks and buildings," substituting shapeless, awkward and meaningless forms. Control art critics and directors of art museums. "Our plan is to promote ugliness, repulsive, meaningless art." Eliminate all laws governing obscenity by calling them "censorship" and a violation of free speech and free press. Break down cultural standards of morality by promoting pornography and obscenity in books, magazines, motion pictures, radio and television. Present homosexuality, degeneracy and promiscuity as "normal, natural and healthy." Infiltrate the churches and replace revealed religion with "social" religion. Discredit the Bible and emphasize the need for intellectual maturity, which does not need a "religious crutch." Eliminate prayer or any phase of religious expression in the schools on the grounds that it violates the principle of "separation of church and state." Belittle all forms of American culture and discourage the teaching of American history on the ground that it was only a minor part of "the big picture." Give more emphasis to Russian history since the communists took over. Obliterating the American past, with its antecedents in principles of freedom, liberty and private ownership is a major goal of the communists then and now. Support any socialist movement to give centralized control over any part of the culture – education, social agencies, welfare programs, mental health clinics, etc. Discredit the family as an institution. Encourage promiscuity and easy divorce. Anyone who has been following the destructive path of the ACLU can easily see how effective these communist goals have been implemented to "promote democracy" and protect your "civil rights." Lenin stated: "Communism alone is capable of providing really complete democracy." (See Tucker, "The Lenin Anthology"). James Madison, known as the "Father of the Constitution" had something different to say about a democracy: Democracy is the most vile form of government ... democracies have ever been spectacles of turbulence and contention, have ever been found incompatible with personal security or the rights of property, and have in general been as short in their lives as they have been violent in their deaths. Perhaps it's time to recognize the ACLU as the American Communist Lawyers Union instead of their disingenuous "civil rights" stage name. "

Jeff Schwilk leads San Diego Minutemen

http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2006/12 ... ogcomments

LET'S KEEP THIS STORY POSTED ON THE
    "Most Commented-On Stories This Week" section,
    AND SEND A MESSAGE!

Most Commented-On
    Stories This Week

Oceanside police officer shot dead in traffic stop (243)
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=49371
    Teen arrested, officer identified in Oceanside shooting death (102)
    Jeff Schwilk leads San Diego Minutemen (95)
    Special election would cost San Marcos much more than estimated (90)
    Escondido council denies winter shelter request (73)
    Oceanside police arrest second suspect in fatal shooting of officer (66)
    Oceanside leaders want to tackle crime problems (60)
    Civil rights groups vow to keep pressure on Escondido (57)
    Letters to the Editor - 12/21/2006 (56)
    Lawsuit filed against company, driver in fatal Ramona crash (53)

Comments On This Story

Confusing Terms wrote on December 24, 2006 11:42 AM:""UNDOCUMENTED PERSONS" - removing "illegal" masks that the alien is a lawbreaker and sounds so much better! "ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS" - an oxymoron. Immigrants obey US laws by applying for and receiving a visa to enter the US. How can someone who obeys the law be "ILLEGAL?" Just one more term to confuse voters. "MIGRANTS" - irrelevant to the immigration debate. An immigrant isn't automatically a migrant. As well, a US citizen can be a migrant, totally removing them from the immigration issue. That they intentionally use terms that confuse rather than clarify is automatically suspicious. They'll stop at nothing to stop public discussion of immigration issues. Those who insist on using clear and accurate terms will be intimidated with accusations of "racist," "xenophobic," "hate-mongers," "anti-immigrant," and "bigot" and the rest of their tired litany. In their attempts to manipulate American immigration policy and Americans' opinions, Hispanic rights groups like MALDEF and LaRaza have dictated that the term "ILLEGAL ALIEN" is a "racial slur." Baloney! "ALIEN" and "ILLEGAL ALIEN" are terms found in federal immigration law describing both the individual and the violation."

New Concept wrote on December 24, 2006 11:45 AM:"Amazing that our elitist elected officials are doing nothing and causing average citizens to do their work. The only attack on the Minutemen is name calling because the SDMM are RIGHT ON!"

Crusader wrote on December 24, 2006 11:46 AM:"I say Bravo Minutemen. When are people going to get it through their thick heads these illegals are criminals and invaders, many of them criminals in their own countries (murderers,rapists,child molesters, etc.). How many Americans have already been killed on our highways by them? How many Americans killed by their gang members? How many Americans have been raped by them? How many American Children raped by them? Now they even call for an overthrow of America! We have a right as Americans to protect ourselves and our families and other citizens from harm and danger. Would there be a need for groups like the Minutemen if Washington did it's job to begin with or at least was doing it now? "

US Immigrant wrote on December 24, 2006 11:47 AM:"NCT is once again trying to stir up controversy.... Illegal is illegal. We need to deport ALL the illegals, fine ALL the companies that hire them and RECALL ALL the elected officials who are doing nothing about this problem. GO JEFF GO!"

Young Momma wrote on December 24, 2006 11:49 AM:"Hoorah for Councilwoman Marie Waldron, Congressman Brian Bilbray, SDMM Jeff Schwilk and Congressman Tom Tancredo! At least we have some leaders who are listening to the people!!!!!!!!"

Selma wrote on December 24, 2006 11:56 AM:"I urge every American citizen who cares about the future of our country for our children and grand children to join with the San Diego Minutemen and defend our country!!! We citizens have a right to peacefully assemble and our do-nothing elected officials need to hear from us!"

Gary in Murrieta wrote on December 24, 2006 11:58 AM:"It is too bad that people reading the Print edition do not have access to these comments, so that the story would be more balanced. Despite on how SIFUENTES would portray this story, the majority of Americans are totally fed up with Illegal Immigration. I'll bet Sifuentes even picked the accompanying photo which was very unflattering to say the least. I also question the posting this story on the day before Christmas, but I guess Illegal Immigration is an issue that affects us every day of the year and it is only getting worse."

No balance in NCT? wrote on December 24, 2006 12:01 PM:"It may be asking too much for the NCT or mr sufuentes to write a balanced article, but here are two suggestions: [1] Please, Mr. Sufentes, let's have the whole picture. You seem to think that the marital status of Mr. Schwilk is pertinant to your article, so tell us what is the martital status of the founders of the "Coalition for Justice, Peace and Dignity." [2]You say that Schwilk "often wears jeans, a T-shirt and baseball cap giving him the look of an ordinary, middle-age man". What the heck is that supposed to mean? Again, what kind of garb do the pro-illegal alien activists wear, and does it make them look like "ordinary" folks? "

April wrote on December 24, 2006 12:04 PM:"Thank God for the minutemen!! Their patriotism and loyalty to America is an example that all Americans should follow. They cause controversy because they choose to stand and fight for America rather than stand by and do nothing as crime rises and the American way of life is threatened. Hats off to them one and all!!!!"

Today in Tijuana wrote on December 24, 2006 12:09 PM:"Federal police and immigration agents detained four Iraqi citizens in the border city of Tijuana on suspected immigration violations, after the Iraqis failed to present proper visas. All four were taken to an immigration detention center for possible deportation. "

to SDMM
    wrote on December 24, 2006 12:10 PM:"Would Jesus approve of your activities? No. But Merry Christmas to you anyhow!"

Bad Bob wrote on December 24, 2006 12:43 PM:"The ACLU seems to be on the wrong side of every issue, why is that? Could it be that thier communist agenda had blinded them so that they cannot tell the difference between civil rights, and what is wrong? There are things that the ACLU does not want you to know about them, and here are some of those things! This is From the ACLU Policy Guide They Support Legalizing All Pornography (including child pornography) Policy #4 Abortion on Demand Policy #263 Legalization of Drugs Policy #210 Legalization of Gay and Lesbian marriages Policy #264 Legalization of prostition Policy # 211 Burning of the U.S. Flag as free speech Policy #42 WOW! The ACLU supports the legalization of utter perversion, harmfull drugs, genocide against helpless individuals, and anti-American hate speech! They Oppose Tax Exemptions for Churches and Synagogues School Prayer Policy #81 The Movie Rating System Policy #18 Metal Detectors in Airports Policy #270 Drinking and Driving Check Points Policy #217 Prison and Military Chaplians Policy #88/89 The Phrase "one nation under god" in our pledge of Allegience Private ownership of Guns THE ACLU! ON THE WRONG SIDE OF EVERYTHING, AND FOR GOOD REASON, THEY ARE COMMUNISTS! "

Thank You .. wrote on December 24, 2006 12:53 PM:"I would like to extend my personal thank you to the MM members, Vista and Escondido City Counsels, Ms. Waldren and Rep Brian Bilbray for doing all they can to enforce the law and secure the boarders. Clearly this is a critical problem that the feds have and continue to duck, I look forward to helping our representatives Issa, Bilbray and Hunter in what will be a hard uphill fight against Ms Pelosi and the liberals. As for Jeff Schwilks, its sad but he has not clue and tossing the race card has not worked in the past and will not work now!!! If it did Busby would be our congresswomen, God forbid!!!"

Minute men wrote on December 24, 2006 1:25 PM:"In every town. Patrol the streets. Get involved."

Adam wrote on December 24, 2006 1:53 PM:"U.S. immigration officials removed more than 4,500 illegal immigrants from the country in the past two weeks in one of the largest deportations of the year. Department of Homeland Security Assistant Secretary Julie Myers said 1,414 of those deported had criminal records. A good start this week. Only 15 to 20 million to go. "

To "Newsflash" wrote on December 24, 2006 2:04 PM:"If I went to Mexico and ran the American flag up a pole at a major event, what do you think would be the response of the locals? Especially if 20,000,000 of my countrymen had snuck across the border illegally, and then thought they had the right to raise THEIR flag in MY country, while they made DEMANDS on our social services of over $397 BILLION since 1993. Tell me why they are so proud to wave the Mexican flag, a flag representing a country that wouldn't address ANY of their needs. "

Anthony in San Diego wrote on December 24, 2006 2:13 PM:"Minutemen "victimizing vulnerable working people"? Are you out of your mind? The people who victimize the illegal aliens are the employers. A perfect example is in McGonigle Canyon where the tomato growers knowingly hire people who live in absolute 3rd world filth. They sleep on the ground, on pallets, or milk crates with nothing more than a sleeping bag so they can work "illegally" and make $5.75 an hour. Is this how we treat people in America? Is this humane? If you can't afford to pay someone legally then DON'T GROW TOMATOES! The "environment" in these encampments is absolutely devastated. Where is the Sierra Club and others? They only scream when someone wants to build a bridge or swim at a artificial beach called the Children's Pool. Where is the Health Dept? There are open toilets, fields of turds at all these encampments all over San Diego. All of the open border groups have known this for decades and say nothing about it, they silently allow it to continue. There are dozens of other encampments around the county. If they really cared about people like they say they do, we would see them shutting down ALL encampments. If they cared about the illegal aliens wouldn't they invite them to celebrate Mass at Church with the rest of society and not at the bottom of a canyon. Is that how you treat your fellow man? There are plenty of people who would give them rides to Church every Sunday. The fact is they do not care about them. Lets not forget the illegal aliens have homes and family in another country, they just need to go back home. These people are not "immigrants". Pat Buchanan has it right when he said this is the 3rd world invasion of America in his book "State of Emergency" . Is it true that El Groupo, La Raza, Aztlan, Claudia Smith, Henry Morones, Danny Perez and others are racist and separatists? They all encourage "illegal immigration (that's called breaking the law) they divide our citizens into racial groups. They learn this from people like Jesse Jackson, who attends La Raza meetings and has met with other such groups in private to teach them his techniques. That's OK with the ACLU (A legal organization that defends law breakers) and all the groups that call everyone a racist. This so called racism only exists in the minds of these "leaders" who teach the masses into believing that there is a problem when in fact the opposite of what they are preaching is true. America has embraced Mexico and her people. The race card is used in hopes that no one will notice that the circumstances are geographical in nature and not racial. Spain has illegal aliens from Africa and the Spanish Citizens that are opposed to it are not racist against Africans! It's not that they are against that group of people, it's the geographic circumstances dictate where most illegals are from. We reject the corruption of the Mexican government and the importation of Latin American Politics. We reject all politicians representing Non-Citizens like Mayor Inzunza & the Mayor of Los Angeles. Public office is exclusively for the representation of US Citizens, not the representation of illegal immigrants. Opposing open borders, protesting employers, and waving the American flag is not racism! What ever happened to being an American, a patriot and standing up for OUR country no matter where we are from? What ever happened to assimilating into society, learning the language and being ONE people. The United States of America does not need the creation of yet another "underclass". American Citizens and legal immigrants from Mexico and elsewhere deserve better treatment than to be conned and led into a separate group. Hispanics are ashamed that these front groups are playing the race card and encouraging lawlessness on their behalf. Hispanics have higher standards than being known as lawbreakers! There is nothing complicated about people coming to America. There are only two ways, legally and illegally. The "vulnerable working people" are not the illegal aliens but rather the American Citizens who pay for their Social Services & welfare. "

Eduardo wrote on December 24, 2006 2:16 PM:"For all I know, if your wanna be a racist, one of the best strategies is not to be vocal about it, all you have to do is go ahead and be it, racist people will follow."

Skip wrote on December 24, 2006 2:27 PM:"Do you want Comprhensive Immigration reform? Well let's seal the border and get control of Illegal Immigration, and then let's talk."

givemeabrake wrote on December 24, 2006 2:30 PM:"You dont think that alot of those people working in those toe cleaners are here illegally! That is a joke. If they are, they are clearly not going to get a tip from me! How rude to speak in another language to your buds while you work on a customer. I've been in retail along time and that is clearly a no no. As for Jeff, Anyone of you ladies that hasnt called a man a BAD NAME OHHHH MYY! Stand up.......I didnt think so. GIVE ME A BRAKE. SO WHAT! At least he isnt home sitting infront of the tube while the country is being torn up! Thanks Jeff!"

dyehard wrote on December 24, 2006 2:37 PM:"Advocates of illegal immigrants, ACLU, LULAC, La Raza and others, are demanding rights for illegals that are only available to citizens of this country. According to the laws of this country, illegals do not have the right to be in this country and work without legal documents. If they use fraudulent or stolen documents they are breaking our laws and are criminals and should be treated as any other felonious criminal. As illegals immigrants and criminals they have no rights to social services, etc. If they have no legal documents to work, then no work should be available for them. They are only eligible to be deported with their dependents (anchor babies). The Immigration and Nationality Act should not apply to children born to foreign citizens illegally in this country. They should apply for legal documents in their country to enter this country as any other immigrant legally here."

latinofortancredo wrote on December 24, 2006 2:38 PM:"its funny when hispanofascist people like that flores call the minutemen racist when they are in a racist clan like la raza(the race)and klans like aztlan,those groups are just for mexicans and other latinos(we are second class latinos for mexican supremacist klans) long live to minutemen! stop hispanofascism no amnesty"

dyehard wrote on December 24, 2006 2:39 PM:"Illegal aliens sue Americans businesses, citizens and our government agencies if they are fired from their jobs they hold illegally. They sue for being jailed for violently protesting and sue law enforcers for doing their jobs, etc. This will only stop when we start suing for our rights that are being violated by business who hire illegals and lower our wages, law enforcers who do not enforce the immigration laws that protect our jobs, our schools, health care and social services. Illegal aliens are a threat to our way of life and environment. They are terrorists because they are a threat. "

NICE PICTURE EDWARD! wrote on December 24, 2006 2:40 PM:"Did you pick it? Your story is slanted too!"

The Victimization Game wrote on December 24, 2006 2:50 PM:"Poor poor misunderstood Illegal Aliens, are being picked on by those mean, evil spirited, racist Minutemen. How about that opening statement? Hey NCT can I have a job as a reporter? Oh I forgot to add that the illegal Aliens only want a better life for their families, and Americans should not be so racist because the Illegals have brown skin! ONLY IN AMERICA!"

Cal wrote on December 24, 2006 3:20 PM:"My Minutemen ancestors are rolling in their graves."

John wrote on December 24, 2006 3:28 PM:"The messages of hate on this page are indefensible. I would bet American Green-backs (multi-colored as they are now) that the vast majority of writers in this forum consider themselves Christians. Mother of all ironies - on Christmas eve they fill the comments section with fear and hate against their brethren from the south. We are all God's children."

Jim wrote on December 24, 2006 3:30 PM:"It is not the person that has come here for a better life that should be sanctioned, but the people that are using them for thier own politcal and financial purposes. The biggest player in this game is the Mexican government, it is exporting all of it's poor and uneducated to america to send back money and to infiltrate our society, to further this laraza idea,"

To Robert24 wrote on December 24, 2006 3:31 PM:"Yes I am beautiful. There is a song that says Don't cha wish your girlfriend was HOT like me, don't cha. Maybe you haven't been to a courthouse, DMV or any other government office. The literature is available in English, Spanish, Tagalog, Vietnamese, the list goes on and on. The last time I checked this was a free country and one could speak in any language they wished. My comment was in response to DA who's daughter complained about people speaking spanish around her. Once again this is a free country I can speak any language I want to anywhere at any time and if someone does not like they can just stay home. Once again Robert you spoke out of ignorance. Don't Cha!!!!!"

John wrote on December 24, 2006 3:35 PM:"Speeding suburbanites of North County driving big heavy SUV's they cannot control are more of a threat to my safety than 1 billion Mexicans who are mowing lawns or making beds for minimum wage."

To Jeff wrote on December 24, 2006 3:38 PM:"You have got to be kidding!!! Obey the law you say, why don't you obey the law before you spout that advice. Who cares where you came from or where you worked, who you worked with and who your friends were. Those facts change nothing you are still a racist. Did you call the guys you worked with and your friends, "Julios", and beaners, wetbacks and all the other nasty racists comments one can find on the website printed in this article? You are so repulsive and your followers are no better. You can't change my mind. I almost bought into your game. How do I get ahold of the Coalition for Justice, Peace and Dignity to do some work to stop this madness. "

BLIND LEADING THE BLIND wrote on December 24, 2006 4:20 PM:"Sounds to me like that is the problem with this group. They are blind being led by a man who is blind to humanity. I feel sorry for the vunerable people he has convinced to follow him down this horrible hatefilled path. I am just happy that the NCT exposed this group for what they really are the modern day Ku Klux Klan. That you Ed for helping me at least start my 2007 with a new view of the Minutemen group, I actually believed them to be Patriots and good Americans. It is not the first or last time I will be wrong."

Jeff should publicly apologize to all women wrote on December 24, 2006 4:28 PM:""She works for the ACLU. She is Korean. She looks anorexic, and she dresses and looks like a slut," he said" I must say nice defense Jeff but name calling is not acceptable under any circumstances. Where is N.O.W. they should be outraged by this man and his comments. When are as women going stand up and say ENOUGH!!! No Jeff your excuse doesn't fly with me. You owe her a public apology. I am sure this is just the tip of iceberg of you racist and sexually explicit comments so I am sure the list is long for your apologies to begin. You have to start somewhere why not with her. "

Osider wrote on December 24, 2006 4:42 PM:"To Jeff-Of course your going to respond to me because, what I say is true and hurts! If you are such a native, then why dont you even surf? I really think you look at yourself like your not a racist and how your group promotes it but, IT DOES! No wants illegals here anymore than the next guy but, the way your group does it makes you considered a vigilante. You really need to be hassling the Feds in Washington D.C. than hassling poor immigrants whom the local law enforcement will do nothing about. This is a Federal issue and Arnold is on it. Us native Californians do not need your type of group or groups here and whom all need to go back where they came from, inland or wherever. I can understand all of your hate now, you are a bitter divorced man with no children. Thank God! "

to newsflash wrote on December 24, 2006 5:04 PM:"WHY should the Mexican flag be flown ANYWHERE in this country? Do you see the American flag flown at Mexican events in Mexico? I think not. I think it is VERY pathetic to have schools taught in Spanish, all legal and social documents printed in Spanish, signs on streets and in stores printed in Spanish, Spanish Newspapers, Spanish Radio and TV stations. Mexican flags flown everywhere, Mexican music blaring (yes blaring so EVERYONE around can hear)and then INSIST Mexican illegal immigrants are not a problem in this country. Have you been to an AMERICAN public school lately? EVERY Hispanic (if you must) child is on MediCal, every Latino (if you must) child and their entire family show up for free breakfast and lunch, daily. The textbooks are all printed in Spanish. The schools can't afford busses, but they can provide home schooling, day care AT the school and WIC and MediCal for the new crop of Latinos proudly parading their pregnant bellies across campus on a daily basis. Oh wait, I did see ONE African American girl, but she spoke English, so I don't know if she will be afforded the same benefits as the Spanish speakers. Every emergency room is FULL of Mexicans (to be realistic) who never pay a dime. My kids are diabetic and on the few occasions I have had to take them to the Emergency Room we had to show proof of everything from a birth certificate, Social Security cards, mine AND theirs, on down to insurance coverage before even being looked at. TALK about racism!! AMERICANS who pay the taxes cannot get any help because they ARE AMERICANS and speak ENGLISH, although with the dumbed down and bilingual educational system we have these days the English language and literacy is also falling by the way side. I know, screw the taxpayer, screw Americans AND their children for ALL time..and if they don't like it...WHY...they are racists!!! BTW if any of you have ever attended a Day Labor Site "protest," you would know the woman of whom Jeff speaks with derision. She blows onto the sites in her $80K BMW, steps out in her knee high alligator boots and cut to the waist (sometimes) silk tops and her rabbit skin jacket. She and her cronies rile up the "day laborers" advising them of their "rights", in Spanish, which I speak and understand. She repeatedly denigrates the AMERICANS standing up for the laws of this country, thinking that we are all too stupid to understand Spanish. Most of these Latinos (you KNOW you are a racist if you call them Mexicans) have been PROVEN illegal, time and time again and therefore have NO rights. She approaches the would be employers,filming all the while, encouraging them to break the law and advises them that "vigilante, racist, Minutemen are here and will report you if you just give this poor migrant a few pennies to feed his family." I have had employers scream racial slurs at me and my daughters, I have had them threaten me and my children, all because the ACLU encourages them and will stand behind them on ALL their lawbreaking ventures against AMERICANS. The second a would be employer acts badly, or a day laborer flips us off or makes obscene gestures at me or my children, of course the video cameras are NOWHERE. I do not fear Mexican culture as long as it is contained south of the border, I can easily bear the sight of the Mexican flag, but once again, in MEXICO, where it belongs."

Geronimo wrote on December 24, 2006 5:29 PM:"To Cal-My acestors are rolling in their graves because yours stole everything they could get there hands on illegaly!"

To no balance in the NCT wrote on December 24, 2006 5:50 PM:"It hurts when print doesn't further your campaign doesn't it? The truth hurts too doesn't it? Jeff Schwilk is a middle aged, divorced man who wears a t-shirt and ball cap what is wrong with that description? Again its the truth. This article is not about Tina Jillings the founder of the Coalition for Justice, Peace and Dignity, but if you must know she is and has been happily married for 12 years. Stay on the subject the subject is the racism this group promotes. Happy New Year"

StokeyBob wrote on December 24, 2006 5:55 PM:"It seems that we have a multi-ethic group trying to get their immigration laws enforced in regards to many countries and many ethnicities and we are called, “racist”. Then it seems we have another group that is very clannish and thinks this whole debate is about them. I’ve met Jeff Schwilk and found him to be a kind person and very caring of his community. "

Tony wrote on December 24, 2006 6:15 PM:"The solution to all the bruhaha over the minutemen is simple: Don't hire illegals, cut off medicaid to illegals, abolish the 14th amendment giving anchor babies citizenship, and start the deportation."

Skip wrote on December 24, 2006 6:51 PM:"Exactly what part of the democratic process has been bypassed? Put "Illegal Immigration" on a ballot right now and let the people Vote on it. Unfortunately for California, the people did exactly that when they approved Prop 187, and then some Liberal judges shot it down. How much more democratic process do you want. The fight against illegal Immigration is coming down to the City and Town level and there is nothing you can do about it. I repeat! The majority of Americans want our borders secured and illegal Immigration brought under control. The fact that the federal Government has ignored its own laws will not be soon forgotten."

Roberto wrote on December 24, 2006 7:29 PM:"To all you Cyber-Nazis, Xenophobes, Marine Crips or whatever you are a very merry chrismas and peace to all."

Penny wrote on December 24, 2006 8:02 PM:"I think you all hate Mexicans, they just came here to work! Why else do you want them to leave. You hate them. So what if they take everything, we can afford it. Lets give it to them. I pay my health care & I want us to help all people who cannot pay. Let them be, keep them coming. America is open to the poor of the world. You hate poor people otherwise you would wecome them like I do. "

cali going to crap wrote on December 24, 2006 10:31 PM:"Minnesota had it right when officials recently raided a factory and rounded up illegal workers using fraudelent/stolen identities...over 200 illegals! This relatively small action has led thousands (Star Tribune Dec. 17 Raid Rattles Workers and Live along HWY 60) to have left the surrounding area or about to leave because they are uncomfortable. Ha! So nice to know other states can use current law to ENFORCE and create an equitable, living environment for its citizens. Hopefully it will stir the ILLEGAL community to work toward becoming citizens. I would like to see the supporters of illegal immigrants put thier energy into changing the slow process of becoming legal residents so all can people can benefit. Its not about race, its about preserving a great nation!!! Does anyone remember how Rome fell?"

Jimbo to Penny wrote on December 25, 2006 12:07 AM:"And just how long will that model you proposed hold up? That is the most ignorant comment I've ever read. Go take an economics class, and then get back to all of us "haters". Americans have worked hard for their property, savings, lives. They don't want illegal aliens exploiting everything they've worked for. I can't even find a decent middle school in North County. Go figure."

Antonio Sanchez wrote on December 25, 2006 12:35 AM:"RE:to American Vet wrote on December 23, 2006 10:57 PM-- The word "commie" or Communism is not outdated and this ideology has never been more of a threat to this country,the world and its remaining freedom.The disregard for border/illegal alien law enforcement feeds the growth of Communism and is the goal of elites like Bush,Fox and the ones who control them.This is not a big secret one only has to enjoy reading,such as policy and future goals of UN,EU,NAFTA,etc.They document their intentions.Congressional studies and even GAO reports(in your face truth)give anyone who wants to really know,the insight.Communism is the threat,the border problem is one of many avenues bringing it.Also any rational thinker knows you cant keep running from your problems.You have to face them and make the nessesary changes.Mexicans cant keep running to America,they will only bring that problem with them which over time will cause our country to have the same problems for which they ran from.They need to go back and make the changes to their government.Americans would support and even fight and die for them. Minute men are not racist nor Americans in general.It is the organizations in protest against Minute Men that are racist and are promoting racism.This is the tactic of irrational vs rational.Minute Men do not have to waste time labeling others as racist when they have the truth."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast