Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

CA-L.A. City Council to file court brief backing overturning

L.A. City Council to file court brief backing overturning of Arizona immigration law

L.A. Times
    June 8, 2010
    By David Zahniser

The Los Angeles City Council voted Tuesday to file a court brief supporting a coalition that is seeking to overturn an Arizona law that cracks down on illegal immigration.

On an 8-2 vote, the council agreed to file paperwork siding with the plaintiffs in Friendly House, et al vs. Whiting, which charges that Senate Bill 1070 interferes with federal power and authority over immigration matters. The law makes it a state crime to lack immigration papers and requires police to determine the citizenship status of people they stop for another lawful reason and suspect are in the country illegally.

Among the plaintiffs in that case are the Service Employees International Union, United Food and Commercial Workers International and the Arizona Hispanic Chamber of Commerce.

Last month, the Arizona law prompted the council to ban city travel to that state and to avoid doing business in the future with companies based there.

Council President Eric Garcetti wrote the proposal to file the friend of the court brief and secured the minimum eight votes needed for passage. The two opponents were Councilmen Paul Krekorian and Bill Rosendahl.

Krekorian called Arizona’s law “misguidedâ€

just another waste of taxpayer dollars by the idiots in LA City Council.
    it doesnt involve LA or California

Among the plaintiffs in that case are the Service Employees International Union, United Food and Commercial Workers International and the Arizona Hispanic Chamber of Commerce.

Since when does a city council file lawsuits on behalf of unions against another city?

Sounds real fishy, almost against the law.
    You cannot dedicate yourself to America unless you become in every
    respect and with every purpose of your will thoroughly Americans. You
    cannot become thoroughly Americans if you think of yourselves in groups. President Woodrow Wilson

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!

Is that sign for real? I love it. I live in Ca and do not want these invaders to come to my state, however, it is toooooooo late.

Quote Originally Posted by agrneydgrl
    Is that sign for real? I love it. I live in Ca and do not want these invaders to come to my state, however, it is toooooooo late.
    I was thinking the same thing but sure it isn't real. I think L.A. is trying to cover their butt because if Arizona law goes into effect in July, California will be flooded with illegals! Sorry to those good people living in California but you reap what you sow! All I've got to say is "ready or not, here they come"!
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

The LA City government seems to be a satellite of the Mexican government.

California is gone and it is time for U.S. citizens of all ethnic backgrounds to take their possesions and what is left of their savings and get out while they can. JMO
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by Newmexican
    The LA City government seems to be a satellite of the Mexican government.

California is gone and it is time for U.S. citizens of all ethnic backgrounds to take their possesions and what is left of their savings and get out while they can. JMO
    They have only invaded 8 percent of Ca......We dont want them either.
    You cannot dedicate yourself to America unless you become in every
    respect and with every purpose of your will thoroughly Americans. You
    cannot become thoroughly Americans if you think of yourselves in groups. President Woodrow Wilson

Quote Originally Posted by agrneydgrl
    Real or not, it sure as heck is funny and true