Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

CA: Minutemen lose adopted highway near Border Patrol checkp

Ah, Mexifornia....

Minutemen lose adopted highway near Border Patrol checkpoint
    By ELLIOT SPAGAT Associated Press Writer
    Article Launched: 01/28/2008 09:26:19 PM PST

SAN DIEGO—An anti-illegal immigration group's adopted stretch of highway near a Border Patrol checkpoint is being orphaned.
    The California Department of Transportation said the San Diego Minutemen's participation in an Adopt-A-Highway stretch of Interstate 5 poses "a significant safety risk."

"The risk is in the potential for disruption to the operation of the state highway as well as public safety concerns for the traveling public and volunteers in the program," Caltrans district director Pedro Orso-Delgado said Monday. He did not elaborate.

The Minutemen will get another stretch on State Route 52 in San Diego—far from the Border Patrol checkpoint—but even that may prove temporary. Caltrans said it was reconsidering whether the group was eligible for any piece of highway.

"We have received information during the past couple weeks that warrants a closer look at the San Diego Minutemen relative to the eligibility criteria for this program," Orso-Delgado said. "The department will pursue this review in an expeditious fashion."

Caltrans did not elaborate on the review and a spokesman did not respond to a phone call Monday night, but its statement said groups that advocate violence, discrimination or illegal activities cannot participate in the program.

San Diego Minutemen founder Jeff Schwilk did not immediately respond to a phone message Monday night.

In November, Caltrans granted a permit for the Minutemen to tend to trash on a two-mile northbound stretch, north of San Diego, near a checkpoint where Border Patrol agents stop motorists and search for illegal immigrants hiding in cars. Adopt-A-Highway signs were emblazoned with the group's name.
    Immigration advocates welcomed Caltrans' decision.

"We said from the get-go that those signs were going down," said Enrique Morones, who heads Border Angels, a group that provides water for people who cross the border illegally in remote areas. "Civility prevails."

The Minutemen boasted on its Web site that it removed 15 bags of trash from the roadside on Jan. 17.

http://www.mercurynews.com/news/ci_8104845
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I heard earlier tonight that this was not true, there is some stupid game going on with the pro-illegals and this freeway situation.

Alright. I will buy that excuse so long as I never see a highway adopted by la raza or any other pro-illegal organization.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by NoBueno
    Alright. I will buy that excuse so long as I never see a highway adopted by la raza or any other pro-illegal organization.
    The Raza doesn't clean up trash, you should see all the trash next to the roads in Mexico, there is more trash than open space! Plus they don't need this type of publicity since they already collect taxpayer funding even though they are racist organizations.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Yea Bowman. I just got back from Mexico City and I know full well how dirty the streets and highways are. I was being somewhat sarcastic I suppose as it would not strike me as odd given the current mentality of the pro-illegal supporters.

Caltrans set to relocate Minutemen's highway area

By Leslie Berestein
    UNION-TRIBUNE STAFF WRITER
    January 29, 2008

Caltrans has decided to reassign the San Diego Minutemen to a different location in its Adopt-A-Highway road cleanup program, away from the Border Patrol's San Clemente checkpoint.

In November, the state transportation department granted a stretch of northbound Interstate 5 near the checkpoint to the anti-illegal immigration group.Late yesterday, Caltrans announced that it would relocate the Minutemen to a location along state Route 52.

Caltrans district director Pedro Orso-Delgado said that while his agency had received numerous comments from the public about the group's highway adoption, the agency's decision was based chiefly on public safety concerns.

“I won't deny that we've had a whole bunch of calls and e-mails, on both sides,â€
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by NoBueno
    LaRaza doesnt clean up they are the ones throwing the trash on the roads

Moroes should do the honorable thing....

Since most of the border trash is left by the illegal aliens that Morones is always advocating for.....why doesn't he do the honorable thing and sponsor that section of the highway and clean up the trash? Isn't that what Border Angels should be doing anyway? How about Morones teach his illegals about the envirnonment and about adopting customs like.....NO LITTERING?

That's a great idea legalatina!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast