Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

CA:Nunez cries racism over attacks on his spending

I'm posting this here because in California Fabian Nunez has been a huge supporter of illegal aliens. He's now been termed out after an unsuccessful bid to eliminate term limits. Seems to me he is the one playing the race card.

Núñez sees racial bias in attacks on his spending
    By Jim Sanders - jsanders@sacbee.com
    Last Updated 5:58 am PDT Thursday, May 22, 2008
    Story appeared in MAIN NEWS section, Page A4

Print | E-Mail | Comments (60)|

Former Assembly Speaker Fabian Núñez, saying he now can speak more openly, is blasting accusations that he spent lavishly on overseas trips and retail purchases as racially motivated.

Núñez, who is termed out of the Assembly in December, lashed out Saturday during an interview on Spanish-language television.

The Los Angeles Democrat said he has no regrets over his spending of campaign funds, despite controversy over tens of thousands of dollars spent on high-priced hotels, wine, gifts and other purchases.

"Everyone's done it like this," Núñez said of previous legislative leaders. "The difference is there are some in politics who want to judge me in a certain manner.

"Because of the fact I am Mexican, they think I have to sleep under a cactus and eat from taco stands."

Núñez's spending included more than $47,000 in plane fare, more than $5,000 at a wine cellar in France, and more than $2,500 for "office expenses" at Vuitton, the Los Angeles Times reported last October.

In the interview on Univision's Voz y Voto program, Núñez defended in Spanish his accommodations in fine hotels overseas.

"What's a luxury hotel? A stay at a Sheraton? … I am, you could say, like a head of state. I'm the leader of the Assembly of the state of California. Where am I supposed to sleep?"

Núñez's spending became a target last year in the campaign against Proposition 93, which would have altered term limits and allowed him to serve as Assembly leader an extra six years.

"The only thing that really results out of this is that groups that don't like Latinos use this as a weapon to inflame anti-Mexican, anti-Latino politics," he said.

Hector Barajas, communications director of the California Republican Party, called Núñez's racial comments disgraceful and disheartening.

"Questioning someone's expenses, especially when they're in public office, is something the public should do," he said.

Kevin Spillane, a GOP strategist who ran the campaign against Proposition 93, noted that the campaign also accused President Pro Tem Don Perata, who is white, of political corruption.

"Political corruption is colorblind," Spillane said.

Steve Maviglio, who served as Núñez's spokesman, said the speaker was justified in feeling that some people exploited controversy over his spending for racial purposes.

"You cannot deny there's some overtly racial overtones to this," Maviglio
    http://www.sacbee.com/111/story/958087.html

Senior Member FedUpinFarmersBranch's Avatar
    Everyone's done it like this," Núñez said of previous legislative leaders. "The difference is there are some in politics who want to judge me in a certain manner.

"Because of the fact I am Mexican, they think I have to sleep under a cactus and eat from taco stands."

Where does this loser get off , everybody does it and if you don`t believe that then you are a racist .
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Kevin james is talking about this right now... i heard this and i couldnt help but laugh at the stupidity of this idiot

District Office:
    320 West 4th Street
    Room 1050
    Los Angeles, CA 90013
    (213) 620-4646

Fabian Nunez' questionable expenditures (luxury foreign hotels, goods)

California Assembly speaker and Hillary Clinton campaign co-chair Fabian Nunez must be on the outs with the Politburo, because the Los Angeles Times offers "Nunez travels the world like a high-roller":
    [...his spending] includes $47,412 on United, Lufthansa and Air France airlines this year; $8,745 at the exclusive Hotel Arts in Barcelona, Spain; $5,149 for a "meeting" at Cave L'Avant Garde, a wine seller in the Bordeaux region of France; a total of $2,562 for two "office expenses" at Vuitton, two years apart; and $1,795 for a "meeting" at Le Grand Colbert, a venerable Parisian restaurant.

...Other expenses are closer to home: a $1,715 meeting at Asia de Cuba restaurant in West Hollywood; a $317 purchase at upscale Pavilion Salon Shoes in Sacramento; a $2,428 meeting at 58 Degrees and Holding, a Sacramento wine bar and bistro; and $800 spent at Dollar Rent a Car in Kihei, Hawaii.

...Given a list of 99 entries culled from his campaign finance filings, however, Nunez's staff refused to show how the expenditures were related to California government or politics...

..."There's not too big a difference," [Nunez] said, "between how I live and how most middle-class people live."

...He received a total of $1.9 million in 2005 and 2006 from unions, corporations and others with a perennial stake in legislative business. They include $17,300 from AT&T and Verizon, phone companies that pushed Nunez legislation allowing them to compete against cable television companies, and $2,500 from a group of pharmaceutical companies affected by a Nunez bill to create a prescription drug discount program.

The State Building and Construction Trades Council of California donated $5,000 in February 2006, one day before a bill it sponsored was introduced in the Assembly.

The state Democratic Party, which unlike officeholders can raise unlimited sums, transferred $4 million to Nunez's campaign account last November.

...Similarly, the tax-exempt William C. Velasquez Institute, a policy think tank focused on Latino issues, paid $6,169 toward Nunez's 2005 trip to France and Sweden to study universal preschool. The institute also helped finance Nunez's trip to France in April to study high-speed rail, according to institute President Antonio Gonzalez...

http://lonewacko.com/blog/archives/007115.html
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

"What's a luxury hotel? A stay at a Sheraton? … I am, you could say, like a head of state. I'm the leader of the Assembly of the state of California. Where am I supposed to sleep?"
    Under a tent in Maricopa County, AZ would be appropriate?

The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is.
    Winston Churchill
    "Distrust and caution are the parents of security."
    Benjamin Franklin

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Whoa , he loves the money . Spents it like water long as it ain't his !! Well i hope they lock your sorry Racist butt up . Waaaaa i'm latino , George take my call , George ?
    Nam vet 1967/1970 Skull & Bones can KMA .Bless our Brothers that gave their all ..It also gives me the right to Vote for Chuck Baldwin 2008 POTUS . NOW or never*

..."There's not too big a difference," [Nunez] said, "between how I live and how most middle-class people live."
    The arrogance of this statement alone shows how clueless he is!

Don't know about y'all, but I can't afford Vuitton or $317 for a pair of shoes, not to mention 47k on airfare in one year!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

What an uppity twerp...he's an anchor baby who learned at an early age to play the race/ethnicity card to gain entry into places and institutions solely based on his "ethnicity" and not on the merits of his work. Identity politics and the extortion game of "diversity" accounts for most of the reason why this arrogant, racist, is where he is.

Nunez forgets he's merely a PUBLIC SERVANT...and is not ROYALTY nor head of a STATE. What a jerk.

"Everyone's done it like this," Núñez said of previous legislative leaders. "The difference is there are some in politics who want to judge me in a certain manner.
    This is exactly the attitude of Mexican Officials and a big part of the reason Mexico is in such a mess.

If I were a hispanic I would be extremely angry and embarrased by this idiot who thinks its cool to steal constituents money for personal pleasure.

He should run for office in Mexico.
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

Nunez and Villaraigosa are the two most dangerous, rabid Reconquistas in the US. They are single handedly responsible for EVERYTHING that is happening today. And they are NOT finished yet! They are RACIST to the core! CA is now a Mexican State...and that is what Nunez was referring to when he said he was a 'head of state'! It was not a mis-statement...he is claiming victory for Mexico!

Fabian Nunez Denies Racist Extremist Comments

Posted by: The Watchdog in Reconquistas
    Capitol Weekly

A new anti-illegal-immigration ad which began running on Sacramento network TV stations last week shows an image of CA Assembly Speaker Fabian Núñez addressing a crowd while an announcer declares that “some propose raising immigration by over 100 million.â€

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast