Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

To expand on my previous comment, I don't think this guy is racist, but he should not have reacted that way to taunts by the stupid, who now feel they have a very good reason to take him down. What irritates me the most is that our English language is now so bent that mud gets immediately slung at someone that does not believe in giving the country away. And anyone that is white, no matter if they are first generation Americans, is automatically called racist if they disagree with someone from another heritage--not necessarily race, but another culture.
    I am so sick of not calling a bucket a bucket, but a vessel of galvanized aluminum with a semi-circular appendage for transport, to be totally PC.
    Personally, I would have first challenged the questioner about their definition of race, and then perhaps thrown a raw egg in that direction.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by vortex
    To expand on my previous comment, I don't think this guy is racist, but he should not have reacted that way to taunts by the stupid, who now feel they have a very good reason to take him down. What irritates me the most is that our English language is now so bent that mud gets immediately slung at someone that does not believe in giving the country away. And anyone that is white, no matter if they are first generation Americans, is automatically called racist if they disagree with someone from another heritage--not necessarily race, but another culture.
    I am so sick of not calling a bucket a bucket, but a vessel of galvanized aluminum with a semi-circular appendage for transport, to be totally PC.
    Personally, I would have first challenged the questioner about their definition of race, and then perhaps thrown a raw egg in that direction.
    I feel the same. You can't even write illegal alien without being edited on the comments section in the Miami Herald comments after articles. The worse part about it is that people can write terrible comments about one of the races which make me sick but yet that is often left alone.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

It's about time

White people have been softened-up to be politically correct on "racism", and whites as a group are more tolerant than blacks or hispanics.
    When I lived in Guatemala, I found the indigineous people (indians) to be extreme xenophobes (only liking themselves). They smile and play along with white people for money, but in private they are waiting to blast us all. I lived with them...I know. Yes, it's true the Spanish where really cruel to the little fat toltecs (guate-indians), and the toltecs never got back on top, but hey, nobody wants a racist bully in charge, now do we la raza!!??)

I was at the Santa Clarita rally, and "proud racist" was just a witty come-back to being categorized as militants or racists by La Raza and Janet Napolitano. Instead of listening to our needs, they are balking at us, since there is no release valve, people are getting desperate and upset.

Anyway, racism is a natural thing, and it IS to be tolerated, I think it is beautiful to see white people finally act like the other teams. IT'S ABOUT TIME. BUT A BETTER WORD WOULD BE PROUD AMERICAN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by swatchick
    I agree and feel it's about time we complained about racist names for white or caucasain. It makes me sick when I hear white people called gringos in comment sections of the newspapers but yet if you call them the s word or the w word then you get edited and called racist.
    You live in a mostly Latino city like I do. I have also had the pleasure of traveling to many parts of the world. While Caucasians in America are labeled as racists, I have seen true racists in most parts of the world. Japan for instance has an illegal immigration problem. The seem to have ao lot of bad things to say about Chinese, Philippines and Koreans. In Australia, the detest the Indonesians that come to their country illegally.

My wife is from Argentina where they speak very badly about "browns" and detest Brazilians (calling them little monkeys) but even worse are the Bolivians and Peruvians that come there illegally. People of Chili thumb their noses at Argentines. China and most of Asia are one race countries, others are shunned.

I have a friend from Puerto Rico who tells me how badly Dominicans are hated there. A friend from Germany who tells me that it is common there for Germans to say Americans are racist (ironic huh?). I can't think of too many countries that don't have some unkind things to say about the negroid race.

For what ever it's worth, it seems that all through history, we have not cared for people who are different. Different races, people from different countries, people of different beliefs etc etc. I can't think of too many Mexicans here that don't refer to blacks as pinc** negros. While being a so called "racists" seems to be a naturally occurring issue, I think there is plenty of it going on in all parts of the world. Americans seem to be the most tolerant of all since we seem to have a much more diverse racial make up. However, we sure don't get credit for it.
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

Quote Originally Posted by bigtex
    I agree and feel it's about time we complained about racist names for white or caucasain. It makes me sick when I hear white people called gringos in comment sections of the newspapers but yet if you call them the s word or the w word then you get edited and called racist.
    You live in a mostly Latino city like I do. I have also had the pleasure of traveling to many parts of the world. While Caucasians in America are labeled as racists, I have seen true racists in most parts of the world. Japan for instance has an illegal immigration problem. The seem to have ao lot of bad things to say about Chinese, Philippines and Koreans. In Australia, the detest the Indonesians that come to their country illegally.

My wife is from Argentina where they speak very badly about "browns" and detest Brazilians (calling them little monkeys) but even worse are the Bolivians and Peruvians that come there illegally. People of Chili thumb their noses at Argentines. China and most of Asia are one race countries, others are shunned.

I have a friend from Puerto Rico who tells me how badly Dominicans are hated there. A friend from Germany who tells me that it is common there for Germans to say Americans are racist (ironic huh?). I can't think of too many countries that don't have some unkind things to say about the negroid race.

For what ever it's worth, it seems that all through history, we have not cared for people who are different. Different races, people from different countries, people of different beliefs etc etc. I can't think of too many Mexicans here that don't refer to blacks as pinc** negros. While being a so called "racists" seems to be a naturally occurring issue, I think there is plenty of it going on in all parts of the world. Americans seem to be the most tolerant of all since we seem to have a much more diverse racial make up. However, we sure don't get credit for it.
    In many parts of Canada they are against the Sikhs from India. Many American blacks dislike white people. What I found interesting is when I brought it to one pesons attention that white people came here from various countries around the world and many of they were not involved in either selling slaves or having them and thus it is unfair to judge by skin color only. I have also heard similar comments about natives of South America by people from various countries there. The worse I have seen is the hierachy within the Hispanic community. In fact I wish I would kept the list that some of them made. Number one is the Cubans they think they are the best the second best are their friends the Colombians (possibly due to partnership in the drug business in the past) and don't recall who comes next. The ones on the bottom end include Puerto Ricans, Dominicans, Central Americans and Mexicans. To me the ones I like and respect the most are those from Spain as they speak Englsih come legally and assimilate. The Hispamics and especially the Cubans are very racist when it comes to blacks. They have a non verbal signal when referring to them. What it is is putting 2 fingers on their arm and somewhat rubbing them.

Pavlov's racist dogs have stopped drooling and now Americans are standing up and saying "If opposing illegal immigration or Obama makes me racist then I am a proud racist!"

SIGN ME UP ON THE FRONT ROW OF THAT MOVEMENT! Black, Hispanic, and Asian racists are welcome in the proud racist movement as well.
    Perfectly said, and if this is the case " Opposing Illegal immigration or Obama makes me a rscist, then I am a proud racist" sign me up too!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

In many parts of Canada they are against the Sikhs from India. Many American blacks dislike white people. What I found interesting is when I brought it to one pesons attention that white people came here from various countries around the world and many of they were not involved in either selling slaves or having them and thus it is unfair to judge by skin color only. I have also heard similar comments about natives of South America by people from various countries there. The worse I have seen is the hierachy within the Hispanic community. In fact I wish I would kept the list that some of them made. Number one is the Cubans they think they are the best the second best are their friends the Colombians (possibly due to partnership in the drug business in the past) and don't recall who comes next. The ones on the bottom end include Puerto Ricans, Dominicans, Central Americans and Mexicans. To me the ones I like and respect the most are those from Spain as they speak Englsih come legally and assimilate. The Hispamics and especially the Cubans are very racist when it comes to blacks. They have a non verbal signal when referring to them. What it is is putting 2 fingers on their arm and somewhat rubbing them.
    Mexicans pinch their mouths with their fingers and make chimp noises when they see blacks. Hispanic groups are the most xenophobic people I've ever met, each thinks their people are the best.
    "

The worse I have seen is the hierachy within the Hispanic community. In fact I wish I would kept the list that some of them made. Number one is the Cubans they think they are the best the second best are their friends the Colombians (possibly due to partnership in the drug business in the past) and don't recall who comes next. The ones on the bottom end include Puerto Ricans, Dominicans, Central Americans and Mexicans. To me the ones I like and respect the most are those from Spain as they speak Englsih come legally and assimilate. The Hispamics and especially the Cubans are very racist when it comes to blacks. They have a non verbal signal when referring to them. What it is is putting 2 fingers on their arm and somewhat rubbing them.
    From what I have seen in the Hispanic community all of them put Mexicans at the bottom. If you want to insult a Cuban ask them if they are from Mexico. Even the Mexicans here make fun if illegals.

Quote Originally Posted by miguelina
    Mexicans pinch their mouths with their fingers and make chimp noises when they see blacks. Hispanic groups are the most xenophobic people I've ever met, each thinks their people are the best.
    The Mexicans here also make fun of blacks. The ironic thing is they talk black, act black, dress black and love black music. I even ask one the other day why he insisted on acting black and he got kind of mad, but never did give me an answer.
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

The worse I have seen is the hierachy within the Hispanic community. In fact I wish I would kept the list that some of them made. Number one is the Cubans they think they are the best the second best are their friends the Colombians (possibly due to partnership in the drug business in the past) and don't recall who comes next. The ones on the bottom end include Puerto Ricans, Dominicans, Central Americans and Mexicans. To me the ones I like and respect the most are those from Spain as they speak Englsih come legally and assimilate. The Hispamics and especially the Cubans are very racist when it comes to blacks. They have a non verbal signal when referring to them. What it is is putting 2 fingers on their arm and somewhat rubbing them.
    From what I have seen in the Hispanic community all of them put Mexicans at the bottom. If you want to insult a Cuban ask them if they are from Mexico. Even the Mexicans here make fun if illegals.

Quote Originally Posted by miguelina
    The Mexicans here also make fun of blacks. The ironic thing is they talk black, act black, dress black and love black music. I even ask one the other day why he insisted on acting black and he got kind of mad, but never did give me an answer.
    If you really want to insult a Cuban remind them that it is becoming a predominently black island. That is due to the fact that most of the ones here are white. Now that they are being smuggled in and it costs thousands many black ones can't afford to bring their relatives here.
    Another interesting fact I have seen in the last 3 to 4 months. Many robberies that are being committed involving more than one person now have a black and a hispanic involved. The hispanic is often times the driver and the black person pulls a gun or knife on the person.

Race and Ethnicity Defined
    The term race refers to groups of people who have differences and similarities in biological traits deemed by society to be socially significant, meaning that people treat other people differently because of them. For instance, while differences and similarities in eye color have not been treated as socially significant, differences and similarities in skin color have.

Although some scholars have attempted to establish dozens of racial groupings for the peoples of the world, others have suggested four or five. An example of a racial category is Asian (or Mongoloid), with its associated facial, hair color, and body type features. Yet too many exceptions to this sort of racial grouping have been found to make any racial categorizations truly viable. This fact has led many sociologists to indicate that no clear-cut races exist—only assorted physical and genetic variations across human individuals and groups.

Certainly, obvious physical differences—some of which are inherited—exist between humans. But how these variations form the basis for social prejudice and discrimination has nothing to do with genetics but rather with a social phenomenon related to outward appearances. Racism, then, is prejudice based on socially significant physical features. A racist believes that certain people are superior, or inferior, to others in light of racial differences. Racists approve of segregation, or the social and physical separation of classes of people.

Ethnicity refers to shared cultural practices, perspectives, and distinctions that set apart one group of people from another. That is, ethnicity is a shared cultural heritage. The most common characteristics distinguishing various ethnic groups are ancestry, a sense of history, language, religion, and forms of dress. Ethnic differences are not inherited; they are learned.

Most countries today consist of different ethnic groups. Ideally, countries strive for pluralism, where people of all ethnicities and races remain distinct but have social equality. As an example, the United States is exceptionally diverse, with people representing groups from all over the globe, but lacking in true pluralism. The same can be said of the ethnic diversity of the former Soviet Union with its more than 100 ethnic groups, some having more than a million members.

http://www.cliffsnotes.com/study_guide/ ... 26884.html

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast