Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Cain: Opponents of Voter ID Laws ‘Just Looking for Easier Ways to Cheat’

By Fred Lucas and Eric Scheiner
    August 30, 2012
    CNS News

Tampa (CNSNews.com) – Former GOP presidential candidate Herman Cain voiced his support for voter ID laws and expressed skepticism about anyone who opposes them.

“I believe in voter ID laws. Those that are against voter ID laws are just looking for easier ways to cheat at the voting booth,” Cain told CNSNews.com Thursday near the site of the Republican National Convention.

Attorney General Eric Holder and other Democrats have said that requiring identification before voting would disproportionately impact minority voters.

Rep. Allen West (R-Fla.) was also skeptical of the Democrats arguments.

“I will tell you this, from what I understand you cannot go to the Democratic National Convention without a picture ID so I will leave it at that,” West told CNSNews.com.

The Supreme Court upheld the states’ right to require photo ID to vote in a 2008 case involving an Indiana statute. Nevertheless, the Justice Department has found other legal grounds to challenge the statutes passed by more than a dozen states.

About one in eight names listed on the active voter rolls, or 24 million nationally, are no longer valid or have significant inaccuracies, according to a report by the non-partisan Pew Center on the States.

Specifically cited in the Pew report are battleground states such as Florida, Colorado, Ohio, Iowa, Indiana, Pennsylvania and Missouri.

The Justice Department initiated legal action against South Carolina, Alabama and Texas for their voter ID laws. This month a Pennsylvania judge refused to block a state law requiring voters to present identification to vote.

Cain: Opponents of Voter ID Laws
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Alabama
    I voted in my local election on Tuesday and I had to show my ID just as I do at the airport. Showing an Id is no big deal if you are a legal voter.

I wonder how many of the 616,000 in New Mexico will find out after the election that they voted without ever going to the polls. When they get the dead people,felons and illegals off of the roles in New Mexico the numbers will probably be a wash.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn