Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned

California Latinos protest Arizona push to end birthright ci

Keep on flying those mexican rags!! Piss more Americans off!

California Latinos protest Arizona push to end birthright citizenship
    By the CNN Wire staffJanuary 30, 2011 -- Updated 0140 GMT

More than 1,500 people in the predominantly Latino suburb off Pacoima took part in the protest Saturday.Protesters fear other states will follow Arizona's example
    Lawmaker who proposed the bill says "door prize" citizenship is too costly

(CNN) -- An Arizona state lawmaker's push to end the guarantee of birthright citizenship to the U.S.-born children of illegal immigrants on Saturday set off a protest hundreds of miles away in Pacoima, a Los Angeles suburb.

More than 1,500 people in this predominantly Latino community took part in the protest, many of them chanting "Si, se puede," the Spanish version of President Obama's 2008 campaign slogan.

The protesters fear that if Arizona passes the measure, other states will follow. Arizona state Representative John Kavanagh, a Republican, has proposed that birthright citizenship, a guarantee provided by the U.S. Constitution, be taken away from children of illegal immigrants.

The guarantee, courts have ruled, was established by the 14th Amendment, which extended birthright citizenship to former slaves after the Civil War.

Other state legislatures are considering similar measures.

Kavanagh told CNN Friday, "Dispensing citizenship like a door prize is poor policy and greatly increases the costs of education, medicating and giving other benefits to the children of illegal aliens born here."

CNN's Jacqueline Hurtado contributed to this report.

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/US/01/29/ca ... n.protest/

Re: California Latinos protest Arizona push to end birthrigh

Quote Originally Posted by OneNationUnderGod
    Keep on flying those mexican rags!! Piss more Americans off!

California Latinos protest Arizona push to end birthright citizenship
    By the CNN Wire staffJanuary 30, 2011 -- Updated 0140 GMT

More than 1,500 people in the predominantly Latino suburb off Pacoima took part in the protest Saturday.Protesters fear other states will follow Arizona's example
    Lawmaker who proposed the bill says "door prize" citizenship is too costly

(CNN) -- An Arizona state lawmaker's push to end the guarantee of birthright citizenship to the U.S.-born children of illegal immigrants on Saturday set off a protest hundreds of miles away in Pacoima, a Los Angeles suburb.

More than 1,500 people in this predominantly Latino community took part in the protest, many of them chanting "Si, se puede," the Spanish version of President Obama's 2008 campaign slogan.

The protesters fear that if Arizona passes the measure, other states will follow. Arizona state Representative John Kavanagh, a Republican, has proposed that birthright citizenship, a guarantee provided by the U.S. Constitution, be taken away from children of illegal immigrants.

The guarantee, courts have ruled, was established by the 14th Amendment, which extended birthright citizenship to former slaves after the Civil War.

Other state legislatures are considering similar measures.

Kavanagh told CNN Friday, "Dispensing citizenship like a door prize is poor policy and greatly increases the costs of education, medicating and giving other benefits to the children of illegal aliens born here."

CNN's Jacqueline Hurtado contributed to this report.

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/US/01/29/ca ... n.protest/
    THEY LOOK LIKE MEXICAN @ZZ RAGS TO ME YES JUST LET THEM KEEP ON FLYING THAT mEXICAN @ZZ FLAG AND THAT WILL REALLY PISS MORE AND MORE AMERICANS OFF, WHICH IS WHAT WE WANT. THEY LOOK LIKE IDIOTS DON'T THEY

Banned
    They are idiots LadyStClaire.

HERE'S HOPING THAT EVERY DAMN STATE IN THE UNION WILL PASS A LAW LIKE THIS AND IMO I THINK THEY HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO DO JUST THAT. NOW, YES WE CAN ON THIS NOTE

AMERICANS HAVE HAD IT WITH THESE PEOPLE'S DEMANDS AS WELL AS THEIR IMMATURE TANTRUMS WHEN EVER THINGS DON'T GO THEIR WAY THEY WILL PROTEST HERE, BUT THEY ARE TO MUCH OF A COWARD TO DO THE SAME THING ON THE STREETS OF MEXICO THEY ARE VERY MUCH LACKING A BACK BONE WHEN IT COMES TO STANDING UP TO MEXICO.

Did you happen to notice in the background on the right that someone is flying an upside down American flag? Now that should piss off a whole lot more people! I am forwarding the picture to everyone... that burns me up!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by nomas
    Did you happen to notice in the background on the right that someone is flying an upside down American flag? Now that should piss off a whole lot more people! I am forwarding the picture to everyone... that burns me up!
    OMG!!!! I didn't even notice that!

Quote Originally Posted by nomas
    I see exactly what you are talking about. and once again, these are the kind of ungrates that our government is pandering to. this kind of $hi* is not going to help their cause and they are too "ignorant" to see that it won't how much more can they be disrespectful to this country as to treat our flag in this manner "THEY REALLY MAKE ME SICK" EVERY LAST SOB ONE OF THEM. GOOD NIGHT ALL.

Banned

Banned
    Night Lady

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast