Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

MW
    JohnDoe wrote:

You make it sound so easy, so I guess North Carolina must be completely free of illegal aliens.
    If not then it must not be easy as you try to make it sound.
    If I'm wrong and it's as easy as you try to make it sound
    maybe you should go to California and show them how to do it.
    We need to all work together here and not blame people in other states
    who are doing everything that they can to solve the problem of illegal aliens.
    You're either missing my point or have chosen to ignore it.

For the record, comparing North Carolina to California on the illegal alien issue is like comparing spoons to shovels. No state, not even Arizona and Texas, do as much to encourage and support illegal aliens as California. I would eagerly support the proposed legislation if California was to step up and make California less inviting to illegal aliens. However, it has become quite obvious that the majority of California's lawmakers support illegal immigration and welcomes illegal aliens. California lawmakers that refuse to help their voting constituents have no business demanding help from those of us outside the state of California. Sorry, that's just how I feel regarding this issue.

JohnDoe wrote:

County jails throughout North Carolina are stressed to the limit with illegal immigrants, law-enforcement officials say . . .
    www.carolinajournal.com/exclusives/disp ... ml?id=3465

Illegal Aliens Are Hurting North Carolina There are currently 12 million illegal aliens in the United States .

North Carolina has the 8th largest illegal alien population in the country estimated at . . .

www.house.gov/list/speech/nc09_myrick/i ... 42006.html - 15k -
    The point you're attempting to make has absolutely no meaning because I never commented that I would support North Carolina on the issue. However, I still stand by my comment that no state supports and welcomes illegals to the same degree as California.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

As a Californian I feel compelled to chime in on this back and forth conversation.

Can certainly understand the feelings many from other states have regarding California. However, most of us tried to deal with this issue with Prop 187, the voters approved it but a liberal judge overturned it and although the mayor, Pete Wilson, also supported it, by the time the judge heard the case we had Gov. Davis who did not want to pursue it and it was dropped. It was a real slap in the face to we voters which we will never forget.

Also at that time rest of the nation didn't perceive illegal immigration much of a problem, we were on our own.

As W has stated, 1 in 4 of our members are from CA so discouraging them is counterproductive.

And as for trying to get reimbursed by our federal government for any costs of illegals I am for it. They have failed to enforce our immigration laws and it is them I blame more than my state.

Furthermore due to the millions of illegals we have and our past of trying to do something to curtail illegal immigration (as with prop 187) I believe many have just waved the white flag. Not all but many.

Guess my main point is we do not want to discourage or alienate our California members/supporters. We're doing the best we can under the present circumstances and we're all in this together.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Jean wrote:

Guess my main point is we do not want to discourage or alienate our California members/supporters.
    I'm not attempting to discourage anyone, just stating my reasoning for not supporting the legislation. Honestly, I find the audacity of the California lawmakers pushing for this a little alarming! How dare they (the majority) refuse to do anything, yet turn around and expect the rest of the country to bail them out. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised to find out that there are even those in California that feel as I do on the issue. ShockedinCalifornia might be one.

ShockedinCalifornia wrote:

Idiots! Ripping off the taxpayers of the rest of the country for their sanctuary criminal aliens. I added my comments in disgust.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Understood MW. Yes, the taxpayers are getting ripped off in this country in numerous ways, that's for sure.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

1 out of every 8 Americans live in California.
    (http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/06000.html)

As W has stated, 1 in 4 of our members are from CA so discouraging them is counterproductive.
    If 1 out of 8 Americans live in California and 1 in 4 ALIPAC members are from CA. it seems that Californians are trying to do more about illegal immigration percentage wise than other states.

More members of ALIPAC are from California than any other single state.
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

RELATED

William Gheen
    President, Americans for Legal Immigration PAC
    www.alipac.us

March 27, 2009

Members of the NC General Assembly:

While I am glad that the intense public pressure from NC citizens has resulted in a few minor immigration enforcement laws in North Carolina, our state remains a top destination for illegal aliens in America for two reasons.

One, NC's efforts to curtail illegal immigration on the state level are meager compared to most other states. We have tightened up our license security and are supposed to be screening all new state employees for legal presence, thanks to laws passed in 2006 and 2007. But more comprehensive immigration enforcement measures have been discarded and died in committee year after year since 2004.

While I believe that a majority of NC state legislators would vote in favor of more state level immigration enforcement bills, the public never gets to find out because of handful of Democrats control the committees and never allow such bills to even be discussed, voted on, or make it to the floor for a formal vote.

Such procedural usurpation of the political process have kept NC citizens without adequate representation by the same political body that taxes and spends over 20 Billion dollars of their hard earned money each year! Open government in NC has long since been replaced by those in the 'smokey back rooms' that are now smoke free yet still controlled by the few that hold dominion over the many.

North Carolinians are paying the price for corruption and elite rule in Raleigh. We are losing our jobs, wage levels, homes, property, and some are losing their very lives because a handful of lawmakers in power refuse to allow due process and consideration for immigration enforcement bills that are favored by the vast majority of NC taxpayers and would likely be favored by most of our state representatives that want to actually serve their constituents.

In 2008, the NC General Assembly took no actions to curtail illegal immigration despite our warnings that the recent crack down legislation in SC and GA was sending more illegal aliens our way.

Two, we still have state lawmakers who push each year to establish more taxpayer benefits for illegal aliens, such as in-state tuition or college access for illegals.

We want each NC lawmaker to know that NC remains a top destination for illegal aliens in America despite some national reductions in illegal immigration resulting from the bad economy and increased enforcement.

Today, yet another article appears with a specific mention of North Carolina as a destination for illegal aliens.

When Georgia passed historic immigration enforcement legislation two years ago, Georgia news reports indicated the illegal aliens were leaving Georgia and mentioning North Carolina as a specific destination.

In 2006, we learned from state authorities in New Jersey and Florida that drug and illegal alien smuggling cartels were arranging charter bus transport for illegal aliens from those states into North Carolina.

The revelations in 2007 that there were ads in Brazilian newspapers advertising North Carolina as a great destination for illegal aliens was a real political bombshell. The word is out from Argentina to Mexico that NC state lawmakers have made our state easy pickings for illegal aliens and the hardened criminals and undocumented gang members bringing in the illegals and 90% of the drugs.

Here is a copy of the latest article to mention North Carolina as an illegal alien sanctuary state. The Associated Press article 'Uneasiness persists over RI immigration order' By HILARY RUSS released on March 26, 2009 states specifically in the second sentence in the article "Gov. Don Carcieri cracking down on illegal immigration drove away his largely immigrant base of customers, who told him they were moving to North Carolina and other states where they could live without fear of getting deported."

While many Democrats are starting to understand the polling numbers which show over 80% of North Carolinians want their state lawmakers to take strong immigration enforcement action on the state level, the Democratic leadership in Raleigh has consistently thwarted over 95% of the Republican offered enforcement bills.

The recent actions of Democratic Governor Beverly Purdue are certainly encouraging and we all hope she will maintain her stance on keeping illegal aliens out of NC Community Colleges.

In fact, it would be truly beneficial to the state of North Carolina if she would follow the excellent example of Rhode Island's Governor Donald Carcieri!

Carcieri cracked down on illegal immigration by executive order and asked the Rhode Island assembly to back up his move with legislation which they did.

North Carolina is a state in crisis with high unemployment and a state budget that is deep trouble. Every job in North Carolina, especially those funded by tax dollars through contractors that bid on state projects, should go to Americans and legal immigrants, not illegal aliens. Taxpayer resources for schools and jails must be conserved and the resulting mass exodus of illegal aliens seen in many other states after local immigration enforcement legislation went into effect would be beneficial here.

We hope and pray that 2009 will be the year when Democrats and Republicans in Raleigh finally work together to reverse illegal immigration during this time of crisis.

We are far behind almost 30 other states that have proven they are more responsive to emerging issues and the desires of their constituents than North Carolina.

It is not too late to do the right thing and establish more immigration enforcement in North Carolina this year!

William Gheen
    President, Americans for Legal Immigration PAC
    www.alipac.us

William Gheen is a prior member of the Senate Sgt-At-Arms staff, legislative assistant staff, lobbyist, and political consultant to Democrat and Republican lawmakers in North Carolina. Gheen also served as a statewide officer for the NC Democratic Party in the 90's and was mentored by Senators Bob Martin, Ed Warren, and Representative Linwood Mercer. Currently, William serves as President of the national organization Americans for Legal Immigration PAC (ALIPAC), and as the Director of the National Illegal Immigration Boycott Coalition (NIIBC), and as host of the Last Americans Standing Show.

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

California is the biggest offender of LETTING illegals into America. You should get nothing! No Federal Money until you STOP enabling them!

You people need to rise up and vote out the crud you have running the state. NO state that allows illegals should get any money from the government.

Then maybe things will change for us Americans that are against any iof our money going to an illegal. NOTHING!!!

This includes MY state of Maine! Thank god it's cold here and thank god it's the furthest away from California, the gateway to America for ALL illegals. If this offends you, sorry, it's the truth. You are our biggest problem.

Do something California People, rise up defend your state from your government YOU VOTED IN!!!!!! Start somewhere and start cutting all services except the bus HOME!

Is it worth getting your lawns mowed cheaper?
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

California is the biggest offender of LETTING illegals into America. You should get nothing! No Federal Money until you STOP enabling them!
    The FEDERAL GOVERNMENT is responsible for all immigration, legal and ILLEGAL.

No city, county or state has any control of immigration into their area.
    NO AMNESTY

In 1994 California voters passed the best immigration controls in the country, Propisition 187

California Proposition 187 (1994)

California Proposition 187 (also known as the Save Our State initiative) was a 1994 ballot initiative designed to prohibit illegal immigrants from using social services, health care, and public education in the U.S. State of California initially passed by the voters but later found unconstitutional by a federal court.

History
    Proposition 187 was introduced by California State Assemblyman Dick Mountjoy (Republican, from Monrovia, California) as the "Save Our State" initiative.[1] In the general election of November 8, 1994, California voters approved the proposition by a 58.93% margin.[2] It was signed into law by Governor Pete Wilson, a prominent supporter of the proposition, the following day. A number of legal challenges led to the law being eventually overturned in federal court.[3]

Key elements of Proposition 187
    Proposition 187 included the following key elements:

All law enforcement agents who suspect that a person who has been arrested is in violation of immigration laws must investigate the detainee's immigration status, and if they find evidence of illegality they must report it to the attorney general of California, and to the federal Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS).

Local governments are prohibited from doing anything to impair the fulfillment of this requirement.

The attorney general must keep records on all such cases and make them available to any other government entity that wishes to inspect them.

No one may receive public benefits until they have proven their legal right to reside in the country.

If government agents suspected anyone applying for benefits of being illegal immigrants, the agents must report their suspicions in writing to the appropriate enforcement authorities.

Emergency medical care is exempted, as required by federal law, but all other medical benefits have the requirements stated above.

Primary and secondary education is explicitly included
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California ... _187_(1994)
    ===========================================
    And a FEDERAL JUDGE ruled it unconstitutional.

Most Of California's Prop. 187 Ruled Unconstitutional -
    Mar 19, 1998 ... LOS ANGELES (AllPolitics, March 19) -- A U.S. District Court judge has declared most of California's Proposition 187 unconstitutional. ...
    www.cnn.com/ALLPOLITICS/1998/03/19/prop.187/
    NO AMNESTY

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoe2
    The FEDERAL GOVERNMENT is responsible for all immigration, legal and ILLEGAL.

No city, county or state has any control of immigration into their area.
    OH PLEASE you're talking now, years ago you had control but you wanted your lawns mowe! cheap. Now you have enabled a monster and EXPECT our money? Besides the point that Barry has given it all away andf I might add YOUR STATE GOT THE MOST! Your ways have cost our states plenty. It's to bad as I hear your state WAS beautiful... Next time you vote for a Republican Governor. GET A REAL Republican! Not the Bush, Arnold, McCain type. A REAL ONE!
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast