Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Can Maine End The Sanctuary State Status? This Looks Hopeful

Scontras Delivers Ballot Sigs, End Sanctuary State Sigs
    March 12th, 2008
    Release Number 08-14
    press@teamdean08.com

For Immediate Release:

Scontras Delivers Over 2,000 Petition Signatures at Maine Statehouse

Surprises Statehouse Officials by Delivering 1,000 Signatures to Qualify for Ballot, 1,000 Signatures from Citizens Seeking an End to Maine's Status as a Sanctuary State for Illegal Aliens

AUGUSTA, Maine - Republican Congressional Candidate Dean Scontras surprised Statehouse officials today by delivering over 2,000 petition signatures collected by his campaign supporters. Scontras turned in well over the required 1,000 signatures at the office of the Secretary of State to earn his spot on the ballot for the June 10th Republican Primary Election. Scontras also delivered nearly 1,000 petition signatures to Governor Baldacci's office gathered online at http://www.teamdean08.com from Maine citizens, calling upon Governor Baldacci to rescind Executive Order 13 FY 04/05, which opens the door for illegal aliens to obtain Maine driver's licenses.

"This is a big day for our campaign," said Scontras. "Thanks to the hard work of dozens of volunteers across the 1st Congressional District, we have turned in enough signatures to earn a position on the ballot and continue the fight for common-sense conservative principles in Washington. We have built a strong coalition of fiscal, social and national security conservatives across the 1st District, and I am grateful to my supporters for believing in a reform-minded political outsider. With all the career politicians in this race, my candidacy gives Mainers a chance to vote for a fresh new candidate with bold new ideas to move Maine and America forward on June 10th," said Scontras.

Scontras continued, "It's also important to note the significance of the petitions we delivered to Governor Baldacci today. Nearly 1,000 Mainers sent a clear message to the Governor that Maine can no longer function as a sanctuary state for illegal aliens and I am proud to stand with them. Maine's next Congressman has an obligation to these citizens to provide the leadership necessary to secure our border and end policies like Governor Baldacci's Executive Order, which encourage the flow of illegal aliens into America."

With 90 days left until the Republican Primary Election on June 10th, Scontras is continuing to run an aggressive campaign to earn the Republican Party nomination. As a political newcomer, Scontras has earned the endorsements of over 85 prominent business leaders through his support of lower taxes and reduced regulation on Maine businesses. Scontras recently hosted a successful "Tele-Town Hall" meeting discussing the Maine and national economy in an effort to engage Maine voters on the most important issues being discussed this election cycle listen here.

http://www.asmainegoes.com/forum/viewto ... s+licenses
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

Congradulations...I hope everything moves along for Maine and ends with swift, possitive results!! GOOD LUCK TO Maine!!

> NEW "ACTION ALERTS"<> 3/17<
    MISSISSIPPI: WE HAVE ONE DAY TO GET GOVERNOR TO SIGN ENFORCEMENT BILL.....
    ( PLEASE HELP OUT) ITS FAST, EASY AND SOOO IMPORTANT!!

http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... c&p=647186
    WE STILL NEED SIGNATURES ON PETITION TO GET
    THE "SAVE ACT" ENFORCEMENT BILL TO THE FLOOR FOR A VOTE!!!

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-108041.html
    " ALIPAC FUND RAISER LAUNCHED" !
    "PLEASE HELP US REACH OUR GOAL" !!
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-105713.html
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Except for a narrow margin of resorts along the coast Maine's counties have one of the lowest per capita incomes of any in the United States. Gov. Baldacci should be trying to do what is best for his own citizens and not inviting in illegal aliens.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Except for a narrow margin of resorts along the coast Maine's counties have one of the lowest per capita incomes of any in the United States. Gov. Baldacci should be trying to do what is best for his own citizens and not inviting in illegal aliens.
    And we have 187 legislators here in Maine. With email and teleconferencing there is no need of this! A waste of our taxes paying these fools. We have a huge debt and all he cuts is DHS.

BaldArchie is like Spitzer and Bush roles in one, stubborn, corrupt and an idiot!. His family is in the restaraunt business, guess why he wants illegals here???
    Dick Morris

[quote="SOSADFORUS"]Congradulations...I hope everything moves along for Maine and ends with swift, possitive results!! GOOD LUCK TO Maine!!

I'm not holding my breath... I think if we did what the monks are doing to China maybe.. :-0

I'm just trying to put all the pressure I can, on everyone I can. At this point I'll probably be autited by the IRS and investigated by the FBI!!! LOL

Thank god my phone calls are all free, and we have free fax now-a-days too.
    Dick Morris

I know just what you mean "WorriedAmerican"
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)