Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Can Tom Tancredo be elected U.S. president?

http://worldnetdaily.com/news/article.a ... E_ID=53876

Can Tom Tancredo be elected U.S. president?
    Why Fox News host said he 'might well be' nation's leader in 2008

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted: January 22, 2007
    1:00 a.m. Eastern

FANTASTIC ONE-WEEK OFFER! Get Rep. Tom Tancredo's acclaimed best seller, "In Mortal Danger: The Battle for America's Border and Security," for only $4.95 – a savings of $20 – but only from WND, and only until Friday, Jan. 26 at 10 p.m. Pacific!

© 2007 WorldNetDaily.com

Rep. Tom Tancredo, R-Colo.

With Hillary Clinton the Democrats' presumptive presidential nominee, and the Republican Party's conservative base disenchanted with frontrunners McCain, Giuliani and Romney, the candidacy of Colorado Rep. Tom Tancredo – lionized by many for his bold stand on border security and illegal immigration – is moving closer to reality. And this week only, WND readers can get Tancredo's sensational new book, "In Mortal Danger: The Battle for America's Border and Security" – which reveals how he would solve America's most vexing problem – for only $4.95 – a $20 discount!

Last week, Tancredo announced, as his first step toward a presidential run, that he was launching a exploratory campaign committee.

"My purpose," said Tancredo on the "Team Tancredo 2008" website, "is to obtain your support as I embark upon a path that may lead to the Republican nomination for the Presidency of the United States."

He added: "The decision to pursue this arduous and undeniably uphill battle is because I, like you, have a duty to do everything I can to keep faith with those who risked their 'lives, fortunes and sacred honor' to create this wonderful place we call America."

Does Tancredo actually have a chance of winning the presidency?

"Illegals coming into America are sure to be front and center in the next presidential election here," Neil Cavuto said on a June broadcast of the popular Fox News show, "Your World with Neil Cavuto," "and Republican Congressman Tom Tancredo certainly knows it. He owns this issue. And straw polls show that, if he were to run for president, he just might well be president."

Cavuto posed the question to Tancredo: "Over the months I have talked to you, as this immigration issue has heated up, your poll numbers have moved up." When the host asked if Tancredo would run for president, the five-term congressman and chairman of the House Immigration Reform Caucus responded: "Neil, I will run for president if I cannot get ... any of the serious candidates to really take this on. My purpose is to make immigration the focal point of any national debate on a presidential election."

Tancredo added: "Your responsibility as a candidate for president is to do every single thing you can to tell the people what you believe to be the greatest threats to the nation and how you would deal with them. And then, you know what? If they buy it, OK, you're elected. If they don't, you have done your best."

The congressman also didn't mince words the previous night on Fox News' "Hannity & Colmes" show, saying: "Mexico is aiding and abetting an invasion of this country. They are part of the problem. In fact, they are creating situations along that border, using their own military, to protect drug trafficking into the United States, pushing their own people into the United States for a variety of reasons. It is an invasion."

Living up to his reputation for candor, Tancredo explains in his book how the economic success and historical military prowess of the United States have transformed a nation founded on Judeo-Christian principles of right and wrong into an overindulgent, self-deprecating, immoral cesspool of depravity.

His recipe for turning things around?

Without strong, moral leadership, without a renewed sense of purpose, without a rededication to family and community, without shunning the race hustlers and pop-culture sham artists, without protecting borders, language and culture, the nation that once was "the land of the free and home of the brave" and the "one last best hope of mankind" will repeat the catastrophic mistakes of the past, he writes.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    Yes he can be elected president, and we will do it!
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This is why I post in so many newspapers. If we really want Tancredo to have a chance to win, and to further our cause of Controlling Immigration and Eliminating Illegal Immigration, we must educate the mainstream public as much as possible.

There is strength in numbers. In blogs all over America : American Citizens are fed up with uncontrolled Illegal Immigration. All we have to do is harness that power, before it is too late.

R/ Skip

We need someone like Tom Tancredo who will put our country first, not a potential future voting bloc or big business. I do so hope he gives it a good try, we need a hero, not a bunch of whimpy self-serving sell-outs!
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I don't think that Tom has the stuff to win. Please don't misunderstand my statement, I would love to see him win.
    I have the utmost respect for this man for him standing up and defending Americans, and doing what his constituents want and not selling out.
    I honestly think if Congressman Tancredo runs, he may not win, but as he mentions in his article, he will make immigration a huge topic, and will not let the other candidates avoid it.
    Either way, I'm really excited to see what is going to happen. He is going to hand any OBL candidate their hat!
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

I agree with sippy. He doesn't fit the "accepted profile" and he will certainly be creamated by his fellow politicians and the press.

What he will do, however, is simply play the voice of reason on this issue. And hopefully that's enough.
    Just because you're used to something doesn't make it right.

April
    AmericanElizabeth wrote:

Yes he can be elected president, and we will do it!
    I agree Elizabeth, instead of just letting the usual power mongers decide who is going to be Pesident, the American people need to make a stand about who they want and make it happen. After all the President is supposed to be a leader elected to respresent the Nation and its people, not a leader elected to represent only the wealthy and greedy corporations.

What he will do, however, is simply play the voice of reason on this issue. And hopefully that's enough.
    Ed, I think this is Congressman Tancredo's plan. This is just my opinion, but I think he is entering the race not to win, but to bring immigration and other issues to the people and try to wake the "sheeple".
    Can you imagine the reactions of the pro illegal support groups when Tom will be out making his campaign speeches?
    I think we will see more illegal groups protesting this presidential campaign.
    In a strange way, I sometimes think Tom may be doing this to bring out the worst and hidden side of la raza and other pro illegal groups and expose them to the American public.
    We all know how many Americans "woke up" after the marches last spring.
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

We do need to get his name out on as many Blogs as we can and also we need to e-mail the news station often and give them Hell !! for not giveing Tancredo or Hunter the same air time they do the rest of the corporate lovers.
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

MW
    I agree with edstate and sippy on this one. We need to make our decision on who to support based on the reality of the situation, not personal feelings. In other words, I think we should put our support behind the person who has the best chance of winning that represents our cause. As of this moment, Tancredo, Hunter, and Paul are what we have to choose from. My decision to support Hunter at this time is based solely on who I think has the best chance out of our three choices. With that said, I could change my mind in the future.

IMHO, the prudent thing for us to do at this point is to take a wait and see attitude. I'm not saying we shouldn't support the candidate of our choice, however, I am saying we should not be narrow-minded and follow our choice down the drain. If the situation dictates, let's be prepared to switch horses in the middle of the race. DARN IT, I want the American people to end up in the winners circle on this one!!!

FYI: Tancredo's spokesman, in an interview I saw somewhere, said Rep. Tancredo was running for third place. I don't know about you, but that doesn't do much to peek my confidence level.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast