Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

California or ground zero of the invasion

Candidates' fliers stir anger in Brookhaven

www.newsday.com

Candidates' fliers stir anger

BY ERIK GERMAN
    STAFF WRITER

September 1, 2005

Campaign circulars arriving in Brookhaven residents' mailboxes show that both Republicans in the Sept. 13 primary race for town supervisor have embraced hard-line stances against illegal immigration, a move Democrats dismiss as an attempt to deflect attention from GOP corruption.

In one flier this week, Councilman Edward Hennessey echoed literature distributed by his GOP opponent Robert DiCarlo earlier this summer that said illegal immigration "tears at the very fabric of our society."

Hennessey's flier stated: "Illegal immigrants are taking over our community ... eroding our quality of life, they have brought with them an increased incidence of crime and violence."

DiCarlo, a former state senator from Brooklyn who now lives in Stony Brook, yesterday characterized Hennessey's flier as an unkind version of his own message.

Hennessey was circulating his anti-immigration fliers last week when he criticized DiCarlo for increasing racial tensions by raising the immigration issue. "I would caution any candidate to be cautious in the rhetoric that they engage in," Hennessey told Newsday.

An underlying political question for Hennessey, DiCarlo and the Democratic nominee, Legis. Brian Foley of Blue Point, in the Nov. 8 general election is how voters will react to attacks on undocumented immigrants. Brookhaven has been in an uproar after a series of raids in Farmingville and other parts of the town on illegal houses overcrowded with dozens of undocumented workers. Meanwhile, the Republicans who have controlled the town for most of the last five decades have been embroiled in a series of political corruption scandals.

DiCarlo said he believes illegal immigration could be decisive and criticized Hennessey for coming late to the issue. "He's seeing the response that I've gotten," DiCarlo said, "and he has been told, I'm sure, by his handlers, 'Listen, if you don't get on the right side of this issue you're going to go down to defeat.'"

The Hennessey campaign defended its direct-mail efforts. "Ed Hennessey stands by the mailer," said Dan Panico, Hennessey's campaign manager. "If there are questions about the statements in the mailer, I would suggest you talk to the residents of Farmingville."

Foley blasted Republicans for what he characterized as a "race-baiting" tactic designed to distract voters from GOP corruption.

"When I travel throughout the town, what I'm hearing from residents far and wide is that the most pressing issue facing the town is corruption," Foley said.

"No one running for office can hide behind the immigration issue as a way of trying to divert the public's attention from ... the culture of corruption."
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

All for immigration

I live in Farmingville, a very heavily populated with Mexicans town. I have absolutely no problem with this. I don't know why people make such a big issue about the Mexicans. The majority don't do anyting wrong. They come to this country looking for a better opportunity just like all of our ancestors did many many years ago.

There are bad Mexicans just like there are bad whites, bad blacks, bad chinese and so on. Every race has its dirtbags. I am very close to many of the Mexicans as my boyfriend is an illegal immigrant. Their only desire is to find a good paying job. We whine and complain about only making $10-12 dollars an hour or $500 dollars a week. To them that is a months salary in Mexico. An average Mexican salary is about $200 pesos or $20.00 a day.

Then everyone complains because they stand on our corners and look for work - work that no one else is offering to do. Most of us came out to Long Island to live in the suberbs - have our gorgeous houses, nice cars, huge yards with never ending grass and built in swimming pools.

If we did have any hispanic people working here who would cut your grass, trim your bushes, plant those flowes, clean your beautiful pools, lay the concrete in your yards. My boyfriend works landscaping and does about 40 houses a day. That's about 200 people a week who would have to do it on their own. What about all the other landscaping companies??? How many thousands of people on Long Island hire landscapers that have Mexicans working for them?? So many of these so called anti immigration people would be out of luck and out cleaning their own yard.

Go to the McDonalds or Burger King on N. Ocean Ave and tell me how many hispanics work there.... They're everywhere. They do the work none of the Americans want to do. They work for $80-$100 dollars a day and work 10-12 hours a day.

Now before you get all mad at me for what I'm saying, let me end with this...

I don't believe in "Illegal Immigration" either - so instead of moving to deport illegal aliens, why don't we try to get the government to open our borders to allow in more hispanic people who are willing to do the jobs no american person wants to do for a cheaper wage than americans want to work for and for longer hours.

I am all up for amnesty and opening our borders so instead of letting all the dirtbags come in we can have legal immigration with people who want to come here to live the "American Dream" - interview those who want to come here, weed out the garbage before they get to come here illegally. Let them come!!! Just think for one minute what our country would be like if we did not have any Mexicans here

Sorry for making this so long. Feel free to respond, I would love to see your comments!

Hi MexicanaAmerican,

Welcome to ALIPAC. I appreciate your honesty and the respectful way that you've stated your opinion, since you know you will probably face strong opposition to it, here at ALIPAC. I do believe that as long as we can keep our conversation respectful to each other, that we can have a good dialogue together.

There are many wonderful people in Mexico, and wonderful Americans who came to America from Mexico, but I would like to talk about those who do not respect the legal citizens of this country enough to obey our Federal Immigration Laws. Our Immigration Laws exist for enormously important reasons, MexicanaAmerican. I would like to discuss those reasons in detail, but first I would like to ask you an important question or two.

First of all, I will presume that you are a legal American citizen, because you specifically said that your boyfriend is in the United States illegally. You set him apart from yourself, so I guess you are legal.

MexicanaAmerican, if you are a legal American Citizen, and if things began to go terribly wrong with the United States, would "running" be a choice you would consider for yourself? For example, let's say George Bush began to make life miserable for us all, and it was becoming unbearable, would you consider running back to Mexico or someplace else?

One of the biggest reasons the USA is the country we are, is because we would NEVER run from our homeland. Before we would run, we would die in the fight to correct or save our country. I guess you could say that we are "extremists". We are extremely American. To some people in the world that is a very unique idea. This is instilled in us at a very young age. To us it is a reality. The saying, "These Colors Won't Run" is as true as it gets.

Judging from what we see today, this kind of extremism is very rare around the world, especially in Mexico. The people are so ready to give up what is rightfully theirs and to run into the arms of another country whether or not it is in the best interest of the other country. Right there shows a foundation of disrespect towards the citizens of the United States. It also shows the difference in the type of immigration we are having today in comparison to previous immigration to the USA.

We are not getting people who desire to come to America to start a new beginning for themselves and their children and grandchildren. We are not getting people who are willing to say goodbye to their former country's language and culture, who are willing to assimilate into our culture and to learn our language. They want to "bring their country with them and plop it right down in the USA", as if the American people do not or should not care. Remember MexicanAmerican, we haven't left our country. We have not crossed any borders. To sum it up, when you desire to become a citizen of another country, one should think long and hard as to whether they are ready for the responsibility that they have to assimilate to the new country. I think Tony Blair of Great Britain recently addressed this very responsibility that immigrants have.

My point is, if you are ready and have the desire to leave your country, then do it the right way. Do it ready to work hard towards assimilating, and do it through legal means. Start off with having respect for those who you have asked to have you. If you do not get to come to live in America, well I am sorry. There are times in the process of living when we must accept that we will not always get or achieve what we desire. It's a fact of life.

Now to jump back to what you said in your post, about people with lovely lawns, and pools etc. MexicanaAmerican, you notice that, but what you need to notice is that not everyone in America is rich and well off. We have many poor people too, but we do a better job of helping them and caring for them than Mexico does. That is step one for Mexico. Take some of Mr. Fox's wife's shoe money out of her closet and turn it into jobs and food and education for the people. The Mexican government is and has long been corrupt. Take back your country, if you are from Mexico.
    Besides, anyone in America who does live well, still has the right to have Immigration Laws enforced, and their children have a right to be able to go out and get the lawn jobs and the McDonald's jobs. Many of our kids desire work to help pay for their college and many other important reasons. Illegal aliens do NOT have a right to take that away from our children.

I said that I would discuss the reasons for Immigration Laws, but do I really need to spell that out for you? You know all the reasons.

MexicanaAmerican, if you are new to America, then you are about to see a huge wave of great Americans sweep the nation from coast to coast in an effort to get our President and our Congress to aggressively enforce our U.S. Federal Immigration Laws, to close off and secure our borders, and to say no to any amnesty plans. So far you have seen extreme patience on the part of the American people as this invasion across our borders has taken place. But that is about to change.

It is the responsibility of the President of the United States to protect and defend this country from any foreign invasion, and he has failed. Well sit back and watch, and tell everyone in Mexico to watch as the American people are about to push President Bush into making a choice. Either protect and defend this country, or give up his job as president. It is called IMPEACHMENT and it is a word, the Mexican people would be wise to learn and put to use in their own country.

Tell your boyfriend and your friends to watch America, learn from the right things we do, and avoid the mistakes that we make. BUT DO NOT TRY TO TAKE OVER OUR COUNTRY IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM. And one last thing, please tell them as well, that President George Bush may think that he owns America, but he is sadly mistaken, and he is about to find that out as we begin to actively address the illegal immigration and border crisis going on in our country with our Congress.

Thank you MexicanaAmerican. I look forward to your response.
    P.S. If you do things right....someday soon, you may decide to shorten that long name of yours to what it should be...."American"
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

If we did have any hispanic people working here who would cut your grass, trim your bushes, plant those flowes, clean your beautiful pools, lay the concrete in your yards. My boyfriend works landscaping and does about 40 houses a day.
    Assuming your illegal boyfriend works a 12 hour day, that comes out to a little over 3 hours per house per day. I'll assume again that he doesn't go to each house every day and that his trips are once a week. You mean to tell me that these homeowners don't have the time to spend 3 hours a week taking care of their property. Whatever happened to getting the kid next door to cut your grass?

Go to the McDonalds or Burger King on N. Ocean Ave and tell me how many hispanics work there.... They're everywhere. They do the work none of the Americans want to do.
    There are many Americans who would and still do work at McDonalds and other fast food places. How can you say that Americans won't do these jobs?

I am all up for amnesty and opening our borders so instead of letting all the dirtbags come in
    How exactly do you open the borders and weed out the dirtbags?

Just think for one minute what our country would be like if we did not have any Mexicans here
    It would be like it was about 25 years or so ago, a much nicer place.

Since you know your boyfriend is an illegal alien you may be in violation of the Immigration And Nationality Act, Sec. 274. [8 U.S.C. 1324], BRINGING IN AND HARBORING CERTAIN ALIENS. Check out sub sections (a)(1)(A)(ii) and (iii).

If your parents and others in your neighborhood are knowingly employing illegals they are also in violation of Sec. 274. By the way, all of these are felony offenses.

Welcome to ALIPAC and have a nice day.

Re: All for immigration

Quote Originally Posted by MexicanAmericana
    There are bad Mexicans just like there are bad whites, bad blacks, bad chinese and so on. Every race has its dirtbags.
    We are not saying that there isn't.

Then everyone complains because they stand on our corners and look for work - work that no one else is offering to do. Most of us came out to Long Island to live in the suberbs - have our gorgeous houses, nice cars, huge yards with never ending grass and built in swimming pools.
    That is propaganda from the fascist globalists.

If we did have any hispanic people working here who would cut your grass, trim your bushes, plant those flowes, clean your beautiful pools, lay the concrete in your yards. My boyfriend works landscaping and does about 40 houses a day. That's about 200 people a week who would have to do it on their own. What about all the other landscaping companies??? How many thousands of people on Long Island hire landscapers that have Mexicans working for them?? So many of these so called anti immigration people would be out of luck and out cleaning their own yard.
    I do my own yard work, as I find the job that I do and my finished product to be very rewarding. How many people do you know can afford to have others do their work? As for 40 houses a day, I think you are stretching that a bit. As for “anti immigration people� being out of luck, what did they do before the invasion?

Go to the McDonalds or Burger King on N. Ocean Ave and tell me how many hispanics work there.... They're everywhere. They do the work none of the Americans want to do. They work for $80-$100 dollars a day and work 10-12 hours a day.
    I work 10 – 14 hours a day, albeit I make more money than that, but they have to pay me more otherwise I wouldn’t do the work. Am I supposed to feel sorry for them? Sorry but I don’t, again what did they do before the invasion?

hispanic people who are willing to do the jobs no american person wants to do for a cheaper wage than americans want to work for and for longer hours.
    Again these are poopsicles that the propaganda machine peddle to those that want to eat them.

I am all up for amnesty and opening our borders so instead of letting all the dirtbags come in we can have legal immigration with people who want to come here to live the "American Dream" - interview those who want to come here, weed out the garbage before they get to come here illegally. Let them come!!! Just think for one minute what our country would be like if we did not have any Mexicans here
    This is what the legal immigration system is designed to do. How can you manage a flood of invaders? You can’t it is impossible.

Sorry for making this so long. Feel free to respond, I would love to see your comments!
    Welcome to ALIPAC MexicanAmericana, and I enjoy reading thoughts that people have, not troll dribble.
    "I can because I will, I will because I can" ME

Hi Mexi--

I agree with a lot of your points. My big problem with Mexicans coming here illegally is they are breaking the law and disrespecting us. Before you jump in and remind me that you are against illegal immigration too, let me say you can't just say you're against it and then make an argument for how wonderful it is to have them here. You can't have it both ways.

I live at ground zero here in Texas, and I can tell you it is a fact that we have huge portions of our state where no English is spoken and these areas did not exist ten years ago. We are getting hit so hard with staggering numbers, with that never ending line, that are state is going bankrupt. I have spoken to people who work in emergency rooms here and they are furious that taxpayers are giving hords of illegals free medical treatment that you and I don't get. How long until the back breaks? I just spoke to one nurse who works at a hospital in central Dallas and she said there is an 8 hr wait for treatment in the emergency room because of all the illegals using the ER as primary care. The
    staff is swamped, under-manned, and the non-reimbursable costs are bankrupting her hospital. The nurse is afraid she and her friends will lose their jobs when the whole thing collapses like a stack of cards.

I have spoken to teachers here too. While some areas remain unaffected as of this moment, there some areas of Dallas English speaking children are getting less than four hours a day of education due to pandering to non-English speaking kids (amongst others). I recall reading a news story of a high school in which the teachers were dealing with 60 different languages and any sane person can only conclude that this is CHAOS.

So my child recieves half the education he would have gotten twenty years ago, bottom-line. The language thing is HUGE in my mind, and to most Americans from what I hear. People are fed up. Right now I am paying for 40 channels of cable but 6 of those channels are Spanish speaking so I can't understand them. Every poster or sign our state government prints up, now has to be printed, by law, in two languages. So guess what? That's twice the money!!!

We are being drained dry. Everybody's feeling it. All so we can have dirt cheap, docile labor in crappy fast food restaurants. I personally don't think the costs outwiegh the benefits.

I will say here that most of the Mexicans I've known have been very nice people. I mean that sincerely. However, the criminal element is malignant and growing and why wouldn't it? How in the hell can these people afford American homes and achieve the lifestyle they see all around them, at $5 per hr? Answer--they can't! So where do they turn? What do they do? I am telling you that every Mexican friend I've ever had, has told me about their relatives who are involved in theft rings. All of them! Why? Because it's big money that they aren't making at Walmart! I am forty years old and I have known exactly two white families who were involved in theft rings, but I am not lying when I say every Mexican I know has family member involved in organized crime.

MexicanAmericana
    welcome to ALIPAC.
    lesson 1 is in US Law. here illegal means: contrary to or in violation of a law : ILLICIT, UNLAWFUL

ie: illegal immigrant.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I just love the argument that they're only doing jobs Americans don't want. I am having a new roof put on as I type and guess what, the workers are all American! Someone better tell the good people of Western Pa. that they don't want these jobs because up here they are plenty of average Americans doing lawn care, day care, working fast food and hotels

steelerbabe
    wrote:
    "I am having a new roof put on as I type and guess what, the workers are all American!"

Great and thanks

My God, Charles That's amazing. Call ABC news, they may want to cover this

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast