Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Catholic bishops want broken immigration system fixed

Immigration system broken, needs reform, U.S. bishops say in Labor Day message

8/31/2007
    Catholic Online
    http://www.catholic.org:80/national/nat ... p?id=25230

WASHINGTON (Catholic Online) – The U.S. immigration system is broken and in need of far-reaching and comprehensive reform that respects the contribution made by those who come to this country, said the U.S. bishops in a Labor Day statement.

In the statement, "Labor Day 2007: A Time to Remember; A Time to Recommit," dated Sept. 3 and released Aug. 24, Bishop Nicholas DiMarzio of Brooklyn, N.Y., chairman of the bishops’ domestic policy committee, said that Labor Day, which is seen by too many as “just another day off,â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

BARF!!
    <div align="center">" Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore "
    </div>

Senior Member BorderLegionnaire's Avatar
    The stop aiding and abetting criminals first, then pay taxes, then we'll talk!!!
    Our country's founders cherished liberty, not democracy.
    -Ron Paul

Somebody needs to tell the churches that the system isn't broken, the laws simply haven't been enforced.
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

Maybe you should worry about all scandals involving priests etc. and stay out of government affairs.

The catholic church would do well to take stock of the lifetime parishoners they are alienating with their unyielding support of criminal behavior. I support their attitude of benevolence but it could just as well be administered with missions in Mexico.

No disrespect to Catholics but It seems this is about Greed and filling the collection plates so the Pope can continue to live like a king while his citizen congregation members see their jobs going to illegals and their wages going down not up !
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by USPatriot
    No disrespect to Catholics but It seems this is about Greed and filling the collection plates so the Pope can continue to live like a king while his citizen congregation members see their jobs going to illegals and their wages going down not up !
    Yes, plus in my opinion, illegals are probably more apt to "look the other way" and not leave the church when it comes to pedophile priests. I am not Catholic but my husband is. He is done with the church between the Pedophiles and supporting Illegals. He has not been in the Catholic church since his dad died in 2001. He goes with me some time but even the Protestant churches are wanting to support illegals.

I wish we could find a church to go to that does not support law breakers, until then, we try to have a personal relationship with God. Neither one of us can go and support and give $$ to Pedophiles or churches that support illegals.