Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

CAUTION: Entering Jeb Bush Country

THIS PLACE IS CRAZY. OUT OF CONTROL, OVER-POPULATED, MOSTLY DUE TO ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION. GO INTO A MALL AND IT'S MOSTLY ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS WHO SEEM TO BE ABLE TO AFFORD TO SHOP 24/7. IS THIS WHAT GEORGE BUSH LIKES FOR AMERICA ?

QUOTE:
    One man shouted through the gate that he had been waiting for an hour and half. A woman from Brazil, nearly in tears, asked in Portuguese whether she could be allowed inside because her husband was already there.

Woman, 73, says she was knocked down, stepped on during 'Black Friday' at Sawgrass Mills

By Joseph Mann
    Sun-Sentinel
    Posted November 25 2005, 9:26 AM EST

"Black Friday," the traditional start of the holiday shopping season, began in South Florida early today with a 73-year-old woman being knocked down as a crowd at an electronics store rushed a metal security gate to get inside.

The crowd of shoppers outside BrandsMart USA in Sawgrass Mills, angry at being forced to wait by security personnel, pushed their way under the security gate and down a hallway into the store, forcing dozens of people against the walls and trampling the woman.

"I was trying to get out of the way, but they knocked me down," said Josephine Hoffman of Coconut Creek, who was standing immediately outside the gate as a human wave rushed inside, carrying her along.

"I hit my head on the floor, and people stepped on me," said the woman, who was resting on a box of merchandise inside the store following the 7:30 a.m. incident. "I don't understand why people do these things."

A store manager asked whether she needed medical attention and called for assistance, while Hoffman's two daughters phoned the police.

The incident came as shoppers lined up all over South Florida for Black Friday, the start of the holiday shopping season and the second-busiest shopping day of the year, after the Saturday before Christmas.

A woman at a Pembroke Pines Wal-Mart was also injured and required hospital treatment when she was pushed to the ground by another shopper, according to fire officials.

Shopping crowds were reported to be large around the United States because many retailers offered deep discounts, hoping to spur consumer buying amid an uncertain national economy.

Moments before the crowd burst under the metal gate at BrandsMart , Tony McLeod, another BrandsMart manager, tried to calm down shoppers, telling them the store could only allow groups of about 20 to enter the store at one time to avoid overcrowding.

BrandsMart personnel tried to keep the total number of shoppers in the store to about 500 to meet fire department regulations, he said.

"There is more than enough for everybody. The sale is going on all day," he shouted as frustrated shoppers shouted back, complaining they were tired of waiting.

"We have your money out here," one woman responded angrily. "We need to go to other stores. I can't stand here all day."

One man shouted through the gate that he had been waiting for an hour and half. A woman from Brazil, nearly in tears, asked in Portuguese whether she could be allowed inside because her husband was already there. Others complained that security personnel lowered the metal door and left them isolated from family members.

Inside the store, shoppers were calmer. There were a few hundred people inside since the store opened, but the aisles were not crowded and most of those inside were waiting patiently in long lines to reach one of the store's 17 cashiers.

People began lining up at BrandsMarts two entrances before 4 a.m. Friday, hoping to snag some of the doorbuster specials or hundreds of other discounted items. "We came in about 4:45, and there were already lines," said Cosmo Adamo, the general manager.

By 6 a.m., when the store opened, hundreds of people waited in long lines snaking around the building outside the main entrance, which faces a Sawgrass Mills parking lot, and at the mall entrance.

WHAT IS THIS "BLACK FRIDAY" ? SOUNDS LIKE A REAL NICE NAME FOR THE DAY AFTER AN AMERICAN HOLIDAY, LIKE THANKSGIVING, DOESN'T IT ? YOU'RE DOING A GREAT JOB, JORGE. HOPE YOU'RE ENJOYING YOUR AMERICAN HOLIDAY SAFE AND COZY INSIDE YOUR GATED WORLD, WHILE THE REST OF US TRY TO COPE WITH THIS INVASION YOU'VE PLACED UPON US. AND DON'T TRY TO SAY THAT THIS DOESN'T HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION, BECAUSE THOSE OF US WHO LIVE IN THESE CITIES AND TOWNS WHICH ARE TOTALLY SATURATED WITH ILLEGAL ALIENS KNOW BETTER

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/ ... -headlines
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Lesson for Americans:

If you go shopping the day after Thanksgiving, better leave Grandma AND the kids at home.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Legal--at the risk of sounding racist, I HAVE to say that "Black Friday" was appropriately named. It COULD have been "Black/Brown Friday" if you really wanted to get technical. I SWEAR--I watched all day on the news the shots of stores where people were almost RIOTING and, almost to a PERSON, they were either black or hispanic. I SWEAR that's the truth. And, I saw a shot of Macy's where they said they had 1000 people waiting at the door when they opened and most of them were white. They were so orderly! I'm getting to the point that I'm just no longer going to sit back and refuse to call a spade a spade. If I'm policitally incorrect or racist, I'm just telling it like it is. It was a DISGRACE the way those people were acting. They were acting like SAVAGES.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

WHAT IS THIS "BLACK FRIDAY" ?
    I think black Friday is the day stores show a profit for the year. Every day before they're in the "red". For the rest of the year, they're in the "black".

That is what it's SUPPOSED to mean, had_enuf. I just gave MY interpretation!!
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

If we just hand-made stuff for Christmas presents, rather than going to the mall and making these SOBs richer by purchasing their Chinese products. Talk about a boycott!! Then they could call it Red Friday and it wouldn't be any different from any other day. WHY DO WE PARLAY WITH A COMMUNIST COUNTRY???

Bootsie, I know what you mean, when you said that it looks like everyone else but the whites were rioting at the stores. My point is that corporate America has got us so tangled up with purchasing gifts for the holidays that we ourselves cannot think creative anymore. Not to mention the fact that we would literally trample on the old and weak to get what it is we think we need. We should take the time to make our own things for Christmas. This would lead to a less materialistic holiday, which would slow the masses down and create a more enjoyable day for mankind. My family and I try doing this every year. We are successful alot of the time.

I know that's a good idea, Rockfish. What I ALWAYS ask from my sons is TIME. I want them to donate time to me where they can do things that I can't do myself such as some yardwork, repair work, building things, etc. THAT means a WHOLE lot more to me than little doodads that I have NO PLACE TO PUT! By the time you reach MY age, you either have everything you need or want or you go buy it for yourself. OR, they can't pick out what you really like anyway. So, you end up stuck with something that you can't use or don't want! For my daughters-in-law, they can COOK me a MEAL or make a special dessert!! FOOD is ALWAYS a good one!

I just heard they used pepper spray in Beaumont Tx to control the rowdy crowd & saw a fight somewhere in FL when somebody broke in line at a store there.

Bootsie I like your idea about service gifts. I know I'd rather have an IOU than something else to dust.

I agree with you, Bootsie, your eyes don't lie. It doesn't help to be politically correct and not tell the truth. But I don't think this would happen if it was not for so much massive illegal immigration. Whether the people were mostly black or white, it's that third world mentality that, here's an opportunity for me to get something cheap OR free, that leads up to something like this. It's a mracle that no one died that I've heard of.

Thanks had enuf, finally I did realize last night that "black Friday" meant to be in the black not in the red. I STILL THINK IT'S STUPID . Come on, most of those people live in the red twelve months per year. That's just corporate America trying to trick them into thinking that on this one day, they did "good".

I wish I could see people THAT interested in buying hurricane supplies before a hurricane. This reminded me of that lady I was standing behind in the line at the store two hours before Hurricane Wilma. She filled her cart to the max with clothes, and then put two boxes of crackers and two candy bars on the check out thing.

THE WHOLE THING IS JUST STUPID. THE DUMBING DOWN OF AMERICA
    CONTINUES !! I sincerely think that ONE MORE reason GWB is glad to have our country over-run by illegals is because they ARE shopaholics.
    Buy, buy, buy. Have, have, have, Get, get, get.

THAT'S HOW they could round them up. Store SALES. Fifty percent off everything. "MISSION ACCOMPLISHED"

Before a troll comes along and says, "Oh, but they've had so little for so long", let me say this.

I understand that. But the problem is when they put NUMEROUS people in one bedrooom housing, so that they can afford to buy what they've never had they bring down the quality of life for Americans. Then the owners say, well I can keep these housing costs sky high because people are paying it. Then an American family comes along who does not put NUMEROUS people into one bedroom housing and they are priced out. Sooner or later THEY are FORCED to start playing that game in order to survive.

There is a better way for the U.S. to help third world countries and it is not by importing the poverty into this country.

If the people at those stores were living the way the majority of Americans live, those stores would be forced to have those great sale prices ALL the time, if they ever wanted to sell anything.

This is not the answer to helping people from third world countries and it's not the answer for maintaining American standards here. The only thing this will accomplish is to create a continuation of third world poverty in these countries while also spreading third world poverty into America.

But you know who doesn't care one iota about that ? The wealthiest people in America. They are the ones who benefit in the SHORT term, but they will not benefit in the LONG term. You'd think a Yale degree might help someone to understand this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast