Quote Originally Posted by swatchick
Some hospitals have closed and others have closed some departments in South Florida. One hospital in Broward County actually closed their paediatric ward and I would say that part it was due to freebies to illegals. Another thing I noticed here in South Florida is that the hospital I go to goes out of their way to get insured people's co pay up front but will treat you even if you don't pay up front. They also now send notices if the insurance is taking long to pay for you to call them and if you got a letter with questions regarding the hospital visit they also ask you to fill out the paper work and send it to them immediately. This is all thanks to illegals as the number of them using the hospital has increased causing the new policies for the rest of us.
Annie Penn Hospital in Reidsville NC is closing their birthing center shortly- if not already. I remember reading about it in the local paper a few weeks ago. This leaves one hospital with birthing facilities and obgyn's in Rockingham county. I don't have an estimate as to how many illegals are in Rockingham county, but from my own experience there are a LOT for this economically challenged area. My mother-in-law works at Morehead Memorial and tells me more hispanics are taking up space in the birthing center than blacks or whites. She works on that floor and sees it everyday.