Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

CBS4: DREAM Act-er heckler Mario Diaz-Balart at Miami Mitt Romney event

CBS4: DREAM Act-er heckler Mario Diaz-Balart at Miami Mitt Romney event

What would political reporters and activists of all stripes do without the pro-immigrant DREAM Act?

Republicans see Democrats as playing cynical ethnic politics (Obama and a Democratic-majority congress failed to pass it for 2 years). Democrats see Republican opposition as sure way to keep Hispanics from voting Republican.

And Republican Mitt Romney's presidential campaign gets dogged with DREAM Act questions at the mere mention of his Miami supporters, Reps. Mario Diaz-Balart and Ileana Ros-Lehtinen. They support the act. Romney said he'd veto it, that it's a "handout."

So it's little surprise that pro-DREAM Act supporters busted up a Diaz-Balart event for Romney yesterday. Here's CBS4:

Congressman Mario Diaz-Balart, who was rallying support for frontrunner Mitt Romney Friday, was interrupted during the event by supporters of the Dream Act.

The congressman hosted a Cafecito in support of Romney at a Doral restaurant, and Romney wasn’t the only focus at the rally. Supporters pushing the Dream Act were also in attendance at the restaurant.

Under the provisions of the DREAM Act, qualifying undocumented youth would be eligible for a 6 year long conditional path to citizenship that requires completion of a college degree or two years of military service.

One of the students involved with the Dream Act confronted Diaz-Balart, asking him why he supports Romney if Romney is not a supporter of the Act.

CBS4: DREAM Act-er heckler Mario Diaz-Balart at Miami Mitt Romney event | Naked Politics
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

There was a link at the end of the story for more. There's also a video on this page that wouldn't play all the way through for me. Notice the Dreamers want congress to have sympathy for them. Somebody should have called the WAHHHHAMBULANCE to take them back to their home countries.

DORAL (CBS4)- Congressman Mario Diaz-Balart, who was rallying support for frontrunner Mitt Romney Friday, was interrupted during the event by supporters of the Dream Act.

The congressman hosted a Cafecito in support of Romney at a Doral restaurant, and Romney wasn’t the only focus at the rally. Supporters pushing the Dream Act were also in attendance at the restaurant.

Under the provisions of the DREAM Act, qualifying undocumented youth would be eligible for a 6 year long conditional path to citizenship that requires completion of a college degree or two years of military service.

One of the students involved with the Dream Act confronted Diaz-Balart, asking him why he supports Romney if Romney is not a supporter of the Act.

They’re pushing congress to show sympathy for the children of illegal immigrants who had no choice in coming to the United States.

On Thursday, Romney held a noontime rally at the Palm Beach County Convention Center.

One of the first things Romney addressed was the job crisis and he didn’t miss an opportunity to get in a jab at President Barack Obama.

We’ve had three years now with unemployment above eight percent. Now look back. You remember three years ago, the newly elected president said let me borrow $787 billion and I’ll keep unemployment below eight percent and it hasn’t been below since,” said Romney on Thursday. “I’m convinced the president will weaken the foundations of our economy. I will strengthen them. I am convinced he will keep on adding more and more debt. I will cut, cap and balance the federal budget.”

Romney said that if elected he would cut some federal government programs to save money.

Later on Thursday, Romney attended a pricey reception at the home of Dolphins owner Stephen Ross.
    Ross and his wife Kara hosted a $2,500 per person reception with Romney at their Palm Beach home.

According to a new Rasmussen Poll, in Florida Romney is supported by 41 percent of the GOP electorate. That far outpaces his nearest rivals, Newt Gingrich at 19 percent and Rick Santorum at 15 percent.

Fla. Congressman Diaz-Balart Heckled At Romney Event « CBS Miami