Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Census 2010: Should Illegal Immigrants be counted?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Census 2010: Should Illegal Immigrants be counted?

Next Article
    Democrat Examiner
    Census 2010: Should Illegal Immigrants be counted?
    June 30, 3:12 AM
    9 comments
    ShareThis
    RSS
    Email
    Print

The U.S will conduct its census in April 2010. It is a Constitutional requirement. The law requires that everyone in the United States should be counted. While the government will ask several questions, one question it will not ask is, “Are you a U.S. citizen?â€
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

The way I see it (but I don't condone it) is I will add about 8 kids to my paperwork and I will tell all my friends and relatives to do the same, we need to be represented more than illegals.

ELE
    Great Plan dgremark.

I hope they do count illegals so we know where the majority of them live so we can relocate.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I don't like being dishonest but we must fight fire as they say.

MW
    I believe they should be counted. However, I also believe their numbers shouldn't be used to influence federal, state, and local political representation.

IMO, any count that is done will be far from accurate. A lot of the illegals, especially those without family here, live the life of a transient (city to city and state to state).

Furthermore, I would imagine that a large number of illegals are completely homeless. How do you count the homeless?

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Slightly off topic but . . . I plan to ask for the mail-in form. I don't want to give an Acorn worker my salary and the time I leave for work.
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Don't forget to add a few more kids to your house hold.

I think for the purposes of respresentation in Congress, only VOTERS should be counted. By all means, count everyone, but assign Congressional seats based on how many VOTERS are in each district.

Here's a neutral question to ascertain that - Are you eligible to vote?
    "

Quote Originally Posted by miguelina
    I think for the purposes of respresentation in Congress, only VOTERS should be counted. By all means, count everyone, but assign Congressional seats based on how many VOTERS are in each district.

Here's a neutral question to ascertain that - Are you eligible to vote?
    Agree, miguelina, but that would require common sense, a trait most politicians ignore.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

No, they should not. It creates over representation by a smaller group of voters.

For instance, if they say X number of people are in this district and they include illegals in the count, then a smaller number of voters control the election compared to districts that have fewer illegal aliens. This can really effect election outcomes that use a electoral type system, instead of a popular vote system.

It effects city council races too. Districts with a lot of illegal aliens will end up with more council districts based on population than areas with lower or no illegal alien populations.

Dixie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast