Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Charlotte NC to Focus on Illegal Immigration

http://www.news14charlotte.com/content/ ... 9&SecID=41

City to focus on illegal immigration

7/14/2005 6:44 PM
    By: Adam Shub, News 14 Carolina
    Charlotte Mayor Pat McCrory

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Charlotte Mayor Pat McCrory wants to take a closer look at illegal immigration.

Citing public safety concerns, he has urged local officials to report on the problem and how it is enforced.

“It's time we talk about it as opposed to keeping it under the radar screen,� McCrory said Thursday.

Many illegal immigrants serve local businesses and help them prosper. Others are involved in criminal activity. McCrory would like to make it easier to distinguish between the two groups.

"There is no consistent policy on dealing with people who are building most of the buildings that we have here in Charlotte,� he said.

Alan Gordon, one of McCrory’s top advisers, said a proposed task force could lead to a solution. He also said temporary work visas would serve the city’s financial needs while helping police rein in criminals.

"It would require people to come forward and be identified,� Gordon said. “Let's get biometrics on them, let’s get fingerprints, let’s get photographs. Let’s know who we have and where they are.�

Mecklenburg County Sheriff Jim Pendergraph said something has to be done.

"You wouldn't believe the rigmarole we have to go through … to determine if they’re legal or not,� he said.

According to Pendergraph, his jails are already overcrowded.

"I can go out on the street and get people to admit they're here illegally and put them in jail,� Pendergraph said. “But then what are you going to do with them?"

Web Journalist: Kyle Almond
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

"I can go out on the street and get people to admit they're here illegally and put them in jail,� Pendergraph said. “But then what are you going to do with them?"
    This is a problem which should have been fixed long ago - coordination between local and federal authorities and enough resources on the federal end to take care of illegals once they are caught.

Pat McCrory is coming late to this battle and only because he has been forced to do so by the public outcry about the problem. Charlotte is now riddled with gangs, including MS-13 (or whatever the idiots call themselves). Up until now the city government would not even acknowledge that they have gangs!

Charlotte is a booster led town and theytry their best to polish the city's image. They will spend literally hundreds of millions of taxpayer dollars on an arena for a basketball team owned by a billionaire (duh!) but will not spend sufficient money to round up gangs and illegals and put them away or send them home.

If you are in the region, listen to Keith Larson on WBT (1110 AM, 99.3 FM) from 9 AM until Noon. He is all over these issues, including illegal immigration.

The good news is even say-anything-to-get-the-votes politicians like McCrory are finally acknowledging there is a problem. It's about time!
    When we gonna wake up?

Juat sent the mayor an email requesting that he as a member of the President's Homeland Security Advisory Council be committed to stopping the invasion of illegals into our state.
    here is his web site with his email address:

http://www.charmeck.org/Departments/Mayor/Home.htm

Charlotte, home of Randolhp Scott and Billy Graham a good place to take a stand against this invasion
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: Charlotte NC to Focus on Illegal Immigration

Thanks Butterbean for the post!
    Quote Originally Posted by butterbean
    http://www.news14charlotte.com/content/headlines/?ArID=97709&SecID=41

City to focus on illegal immigration

7/14/2005 6:44 PM
    By: Adam Shub, News 14 Carolina
    Charlotte Mayor Pat McCrory

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Charlotte Mayor Pat McCrory wants to take a closer look at illegal immigration.

Citing public safety concerns, he has urged local officials to report on the problem and how it is enforced.

“It's time we talk about it as opposed to keeping it under the radar screen,� McCrory said Thursday.

Many illegal immigrants serve local businesses and help them prosper. Others are involved in criminal activity. McCrory would like to make it easier to distinguish between the two groups.

"There is no consistent policy on dealing with people who are building most of the buildings that we have here in Charlotte,� he said.

Alan Gordon, one of McCrory’s top advisers, said a proposed task force could lead to a solution. He also said temporary work visas would serve the city’s financial needs while helping police rein in criminals.

"It would require people to come forward and be identified,� Gordon said. “Let's get biometrics on them, let’s get fingerprints, let’s get photographs. Let’s know who we have and where they are.�

Mecklenburg County Sheriff Jim Pendergraph said something has to be done.

"You wouldn't believe the rigmarole we have to go through … to determine if they’re legal or not,� he said.

Web Journalist: Kyle Almond
    I was glad to see this article finally about a mayor of a major city in NC who was concerned about immigration legal and illegal.

I emailed the mayor of Charlotte today and to my surprise and delight, I received a reply nine minutes later. He genuinely seems to want to do something about it. His reply is below.

Thank you for contacting me about the illegal immigration issues. I appreciate your input.

I am asking our Police Chief and City Manager to make policy recommendations on Charlotte's relationship with federal immigration authorities for the enforcement of undocumented workers, especially as it relates to any city or state laws being broken.

Mayor Pat McCrory

Thank you very much Mayor Pat McCrory! I would encourage other members of this website to also email him and thank him for his efforts and urge him to continue working in this much needed area.
    I wonder how many illegals got their NC driver licenses renewed last week? President Bush needs to protect the borders not illegals. President Bush is a coward and guilty of treason when it comes to securing the borders.

StraightShooter, McCrory is a very nice guy, but he is a POLITICIAN first. He can say more without saying anything than anybody you have ever seen (except for Bill Clinton). I agree that we should encourage him in his hopefully sincere, if belated, efforts regarding illegal immigrants and gangs.
    When we gonna wake up?

I just sent Mayor McCrory an email thanking him for his efforts and encouraging him to continue.
    When we gonna wake up?

Here's Mayor McCrory's response to my email:

Thank you for contacting me about the illegal immigration issues. I appreciate your input and your support.

I am asking our Police Chief and City Manager to make policy recommendations on Charlotte's relationship with federal immigration authorities for the enforcement of undocumented workers, especially as it relates to any city or state laws being broken.

Again, I appreciate your encouragement and support.

Mayor Pat McCrory
    Gee, sounds just like the one StraightShooter got!
    When we gonna wake up?

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow
    Here's Mayor McCrory's response to my email:

Thank you for contacting me about the illegal immigration issues. I appreciate your input and your support.

Again, I appreciate your encouragement and support.

Mayor Pat McCrory

Gee, sounds just like the one StraightShooter got!
    At least I did get a reply...... unlike the one I sent Rep. Lizzy Dole. I guess she is just too busy listening to the president on this issue and had no time to respond to my email. Maybe she will have more time on her hand when we vote her out because of this issue. Sooner or later the GOP will listen but it will be too late for some.

BTW, I have totally given up on the D's to go forward on this issue. Then are stuck in 'Park' I don't care if Hillary did open her mouth. No one that I know took her seriously. I think it is called lip service.
    I wonder how many illegals got their NC driver licenses renewed last week? President Bush needs to protect the borders not illegals. President Bush is a coward and guilty of treason when it comes to securing the borders.

Yeah, Libby, Liddy, Lizzie, never replies to me either. Richard Burr does sometimes.

I am not sure these people get it quite yet. But the tide is rising and a lot of these open borders simps are going to get swept away. Too bad we have to wait so long until election time.
    When we gonna wake up?

same form letter response I got:

Thank you for contacting me about the illegal immigration issues. I appreciate your input.

Thanks for your support in this.

Mayor Pat McCrory
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast