Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Check out Graham's Competition!!!!

TIM CARNES - HE IS AGAINST SHAMNESTY.

Please click on link and listen to video.......

http://garepublican.blogspot.com/2007/0 ... ville.html

Sen. Graham to face 'grass-roots' GOP opponent
    By Robert Behre (Contact)
    The Post and Courier
    Saturday, June 23, 2007

Summerville businessman aiming for next year's Republican primary

John J. Cina, a Summerville businessman, has never sought public office before but is starting his political career by setting his sights high. He said Friday he will oppose U.S. Sen. Lindsey Graham in next year's Republican primary.

"I'm not a politician. I'm an every- day citizen, an hourly wage earner," Cina said. "We need to consider what's best for the American people, what's best for the South Carolina people. We've sent people up to Washington, D.C., for a purpose, and they don't do anything we want them to."

A self-described "grass-roots right-wing conservative with unwavering principles," Cina most recently has worked as an engineering representative, processing permits for cable TV and telephone companies with Synergetic Design Inc. in Florida and South Carolina.

Cina said he began planning his bid in January and announced his intentions at the Dorchester County Republican Executive Committee meeting. He said he hasn't met Graham but isn't happy with his record.

"Let's put it this way: I don't like the direction the government is going in right now," he said. "Seventy percent of the people don't want this immigration bill passed, yet they are determined to pass this immigration bill. That's only one item."

Graham's campaign manager Scott Farmer said Graham is willing to tackle the tough issues. "From his work in confirming Supreme Court Justices John Roberts and Samuel Alito to his steadfast support of our troops in the war on terror, Senator Graham has been a leader and a problem solver. We look forward to running a strong campaign on the senator's conservative record," Farmer said.

To see John J. Cina's Web site, log on to www.gowithcina.org.
    Dorchester County Republican chairman Arthur Bryngelson called Cina "a good Republican. He is a conservative. He is a Reaganite who believes in less taxes and smaller government. That I can say unequivocally about him."

Some would describe Cina's campaign as an extreme longshot. He described it as "strictly grass-roots."

"What I need to do is to get myself known and for people to find out who I am and where I'm coming from," he said.

Graham already has amassed almost $3.7 million — more than all but two of the many Republican senators up for re-election next year.

Cina's announcement comes the same week that one potential challenger to Graham, State Treasurer Thomas Ravenel, faded in popularity after his indictment Tuesday on federal charges of cocaine possession.

Reach Robert Behre at rbehre@postandcourier.com or 937-5771

http://www.charleston.net/news/2007/jun ... _opponent/

Tim Carnes, Lincoln & Graham

Author: Michael Kraft

“Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world.â€

TIM CARNES SOUNDS LIKE A REAL WINNER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! South Carolina..........here's your chance to get rid of Grahamnesty.

Senator Graham has been a leader and a problem solver.
    ......for illegal immigrants.