Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

tms

Chertoff Says Security Measures Reduce Illegal Border Crossi

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid= ... world_news

Chertoff Says Security Measures Reduce Illegal Border Crossings

Dec. 1 (Bloomberg) -- U.S. Department of Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff said new procedures to quickly deport some non-Mexicans caught illegally crossing the border have reduced the number of undocumented immigrants who try to enter the U.S.

``Expedited removal,'' implemented to decrease the amount of time Brazilian and Honduran aliens are held to about 30 days from 90 days, reduced illegal crossings by more than 50 percent in some places, he said.

``It's a very clear message we are sending,'' Chertoff told reporters in Washington today. ``If you are caught at the border you are going to be detained until you are sent home.''

President George W. Bush and other administration officials began a push this week to emphasize strengthening border security as part of an overhaul of U.S. immigration laws that includes a guest-worker program that is opposed by some Republican lawmakers.

Long waits before deportation had forced the Homeland Security Department to release as many as 130,000 non-Mexican illegal immigrants last year pending immigration hearings. Chertoff has pledged to end the practice by quickly deporting aliens from Brazil and Honduras in a program that will soon expand to people from other Latin and Central American countries.

Chertoff said once the program began deported immigrants quickly spread the word in their home countries about detention and removal, convincing others not to try.

Before the program was put in place, as many as 200 Brazilians were caught each day in portions of Texas as they attempted to cross the border. Four months later, the number of arrests on some days fell to zero.

`Deterrence'

``The impact is deterrence,'' Border Patrol Chief David Aguilar said. ``The message gets home very quickly.''

Speaking to border patrol agents in Tucson, Arizona on Nov. 28, Bush pledged to continue programs that speed the deportation of illegal border crossers and to increase the use of technology for border surveillance.

Bush has made an overhaul of immigration laws a priority in his second term, including the creation of a guest-worker program. Chertoff today reemphasized the need for temporary visa programs for immigrants who want to do jobs in the U.S. that Americans will not do.

To contact the reporter on this story:
    Nicholas Johnston in Washington at njohnston3@bloomberg.net.
    Last Updated: December 1, 2005 12:24 EST
    "The defense of a nation begins at it's borders" Tancredo

Re: Chertoff Says Security Measures Reduce Illegal Border Cr

It's a very clear message we are sending,'' Chertoff told reporters in Washington today. ``If you are caught at the border you are going to be detained until you are sent home.''

"IF you are caught at the border"....does this mean if they make it across the border then they are home free? That's what it says to me.

I've got a better idea. If they are caught at the border, why not walk them back across the border, tell them to run for 5 miles, follow them with helicopters and if they turn around and run back to the border...well....defend our nation..."whatever it takes--George W Bush".

After all, isn't the current "national security message" it's better to "fight them over there so we don't have to fight them here?"

Lets have some CONSISTENCY!!

But oops...I forgot...the Wackident is insane which eliminates rational consistent thought.

1. IMPEACH BUSH AND CHENEY.

2. GET TROOPS TO THE BORDERS AND PORTS.

3. CANCEL ALL FREE TRADE AGREEMENTS.

4. DEPORT ILLEGAL ALIENS (walk them across the border and tell them to RUN....if they run back...well....DEFEND OUR NATION).

5. CHARGE ILLEGAL ALIENS ALL THE COST OF DETAINMENT AND DEPORTATION AND SEIZE ALL ASSETS IN THE US UNDER RICO.

6. JAIL AND BANKRUPT ALL ILLEGAL EMPLOYERS--SHOW NO MERCY.

7. STOP ALL PAYMENTS TO MEXICO AND ANY NATION NOT CONTROLLING THEIR CITIZENRY. CONSIDER THEM ALL SPIES AND TERRORISTS...which they probably are in reality.

That should do it.

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Chertoff Says Security Measures Reduce Illegal Border Crossings
    Chertoff lies but he's told so many already what's one more going to hurt?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Yes Chertoff lies. No his security measures will not reduce border crossings because they are not designed to reduce border crossings. That's why he doesn't like the fence idea. That's why he hasn't said, "George, in the interest of Homeland Security, we need to get troops to the borders...everything we've got until this nonsense is stopped."

Instead he says, we need a program to let more in legally.

These people in our government are not serious people. These people in our government are jokers wild and Traitors. A traitor is one who betrays by deception to cause you harm without your knowledge. Chertoff doesn't know anything about border security, national security, homeland security. I'll bet he can't reset his home burglar alarm himself. I'm certain his wife has to do it. He's a LAWYER. Need I say more?

LAWYER = WORD JOCK

WORD JOCK = TWO DIFFERENT ANSWERS TO EVERY ONE QUESTION...one that is truthful and one that is not.

A Word Jock is running our Homeland Security.

Now, that's scary.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Judy said:

"IF you are caught at the border"....does this mean if they make it across the border then they are home free? That's what it says to me.
    And that's pretty much true.

Chertoff and Bush have spun this so many different ways this week, it's going to take someone hours of research to parse out what they're really saying.

In a nutshell, though, nothing has changed in Bushland. Only OTM's are affected, and only if they get caught within 100 miles of the border.
    It's like hell vomited and the Bush administration appeared.

Yep...Count....We've Got Traitors in the White House and in Homeland Security and the Labor Department and the Commerce Department that we KNOW about.

How safe does that make America?

"IF you are caught at the border"....does this mean if they make it across the border then they are home free? That's what it says to me
    I was going to respond to that one, Judy, by telling you that I posted the RULES on another thread. Count Floyd listed one--within 100 miles of the border. THE OTHER one is that they have been here for TWO WEEKS OR LESS!!!

This Chertoff idiot has a glorified sense of self-importance. He needs to wake up and realize that, just because his mouth opens and shuts, he is NO ORACLE. Mr. CHEAToff--we aren't buying it. GET THAT???
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

In a nutshell, though, nothing has changed in Bushland. Only OTM's are affected, and only if they get caught within 100 miles of the border.
    Could be wrong and probably am since they change the rules every 48 hrs, but I thought it was illegal aliens from Mexico that this one applied to and less than two weeks. AND how on earth can anybody PROVE they've been here for less than two weeks if caught within the 100 miles? Ask them? Yeah, right.

The OTM have been surrendering as soon as they crossed the border knowing they'd be given a "get out of jail free" pass & could go on their merry ways- here, there & everywhere -never to show up for their court date.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Frankly, maybe it's just where I live but I haven't noticed a problem with OTM's. It's THE M's who cause the problems in my area. And, we are a helluva lot farther away from the border than 100 miles so I guess we are just STUCK with ours.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Quote Originally Posted by had_enuf
    Could be wrong and probably am since they change the rules every 48 hrs, but I thought it was illegal aliens from Mexico that this one applied to and less than two weeks. AND how on earth can anybody PROVE they've been here for less than two weeks if caught within the 100 miles? Ask them? Yeah, right.

The OTM have been surrendering as soon as they crossed the border knowing they'd be given a "get out of jail free" pass & could go on their merry ways- here, there & everywhere -never to show up for their court date.
    Somewhere on this board in the last two days or so someone posted a press conference with Chertoff. I need to find it and re-read it. I don't think he said anything about Mexicans, but I might be wrong.

It was a painful read.

Off topic, does anyone know of an easy way to find things here? So much is being posted, it's hard to find an article from as little as two days ago.
    It's like hell vomited and the Bush administration appeared.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast