Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Chertoff testifies on immigration

Chertoff testifies on immigration
    Posted on : Wed, 28 Feb 2007 16:54:01 GMT | Author : General News Editor

WASHINGTON, Feb. 28 U.S. Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff is pressing his campaign to win support for White House immigration policy with testimony before Congress.

Chertoff, who for several weeks has worked to bring lawmakers to the Bush administration's side of the immigration debate, appears Wednesday at the first Capitol Hill hearing on immigration policy since the Democrats won control of Congress in November.

I think we have made a lot of progress on the border, but we need to address all the elements of the problem, Chertoff told The Los Angeles Times Tuesday. We want to work with Congress. That's the whole point of being in government -- to get stuff done.In recent weeks, the homeland security secretary has met with lawmakers on both sides of the immigration issue and taken some criticism of the administration's policies on a tour of the Mexican border.

Chertoff was to testify on behalf of Bush's plan to increase border security and workplace enforcement, create a guest worker program and create a path to citizenship for most of the estimated 12 million illegal immigrants living in the United States.

http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/show/35197.html

Any thing that comes out of Chertoffs mouth should be consider a lie.
    http://www.alipac.us/
    You can not be loyal to two nations, without being unfaithful to one. Scubayons 02/07/06

We want to work with Congress. That's the whole point of being in government -- to get stuff done
    Has Chertoff been submitted for drug testing lately? It seems to me he's smoking some of the 743 lbs. of drugs found by the BP. This guy is one of the biggest losers we have! And he's got some pretty competition in that arena.

Funny, I thought being in government meant to sell your country down the drain just to make a buck and gather more power.
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

I think we have made a lot of progress on the border
    We have? Show me...
    [b]Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.
    - Arnold J. Toynbee

Senior Member ShockedinCalifornia's Avatar
    Any thing that comes out of Chertoffs mouth should be consider(ed) a lie.
    I totally agree. This human skeleton is the chosen the point-man for Bush's whole scheme of lies from Homeland Security to Katrina to SPP and now to illegal immigration. I'll bet he makes Congress' skin crawl.

Chertoff was never elected to help legislate immigration policy. Why is this idiot showing up at these meetings?

This chump is nothing, but a Bush spokeshole. Why would anyone think he's going to say anything different then from what Bush tells him to say?
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Well, you know Firecracker -- anything goes and is good for the Bush Administration -- ignore laws, change laws made by Congress--- have Bush do the legislating---go down to Mexico, have mexican trucks pour into the U.S. ---- just do whatever, whenever --- spend wrecklessly

Why if it earns a dollar, but harms people or principles, what is important is that dollar....

What was the approval rating at -- 30%

Cherthoff--- he signed the SPP, North American Union Agreement - Nuff
    said
    He plans to secure nothing ---

Chertoff was to testify on behalf of Bush's plan to increase border security and workplace enforcement, create a guest worker program and create a path to citizenship for most of the estimated 12 million illegal immigrants living in the United States.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)