Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Chertoff Warns of Nuclear Terror

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/artic ... E_ID=45539

Chertoff warns of nuclear terror
    Homeland Security secretary sees WMD threat as major concern

So what are his plans on securing our borders NOW!
    A WAIT AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS, APPROACH!!

Posted: August 1, 2005
    1:00 a.m. Eastern
    © 2005 WorldNetDaily.com

Issuing yet the latest warning of the threat of nuclear terrorism in the U.S., Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff said there are far worse security problems facing the country than bombings of mass-transit systems.

In comments during a visit to Lawrence Livermore Laboratory in California this week, Chertoff said the foremost concern for the nation's security now is the threat of a larger chemical, biological or nuclear attack.

Chertoff joins the growing list of public officials – including President Bush, Vice President Dick Cheney and Chertoff's predecessor at Homeland Security, Tom Ridge – who have strongly hinted that nuclear terrorism has moved center stage as the No. 1 security threat facing the U.S.

Last month WND and its sister publication, Joseph Farah's G2 Bulletin, reported increasing evidence suggests al-Qaida not only has nuclear weapons in its arsenal, but has smuggled them into the U.S. along with thousands of sleeper operatives.

Michael Chertoff

Referring to the London bombings, Chertoff said: "We can't let what happened two or three weeks ago beguile our concerns about what could happen in the future."

Technology that the Livermore lab and other public and private groups are developing could help make the country safer, Chertoff said. The secretary was shown what the lab has done to provide more portable ways to detect nuclear, biological and chemical devices that terrorists could use.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Boy are they slow. I heard this in China, last year.
    http://www.alipac.us/
    You can not be loyal to two nations, without being unfaithful to one. Scubayons 02/07/06

Citizens have been screaming to close the borders for lo these many years. And the BEST our government can do is issue a WARNING?? My gorge rises at the incompetence, the deliberate non-action...thumbing their noses at the citizens needs and fears. Well...all I can say is that the 'leaders' are the ones that have a price on their heads...I wouldn't walk across the street to save one of 'em.

RR
    The men who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed. " - Lloyd Jones

I am fed up to the GILLS hearing them talk about all of their TECHNOLOGY that is going to solve a problem that could have been solved YEARS ago by just placing the National Guard along our borders. And, that technology excuse is what they are feeding us every time one of them is questioned about the lack of sufficient border patrol agents. They will NOT be able to stop an attack against us. PERIOD! They have sat on their hands for too long to catch up with all of the terrorists who are probably already right here in our country.

Speaking of the attacks in Great Britain and Chertoff's comments about that---I have been VERY impressed at how aggressively and SUCCESSFULLY they have pursued the perpetrators. If Bush had been as persistent about bin Laden and company, they would have been locked away more than 3 years ago. I realize that Great Britain has been way too lenient about their immigration situation and that should be a STRONG warning for us. It sure is not ONLY GREAT BRITAIN who has been too lax about immigration.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton