Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

China Wins NAFTA Super-Highway Battle

China Wins NAFTA Super-Highway Battle
    by Jerome R. Corsi (More by this author)

Posted: 08/09/2006 Print This
    Red China is investing heavily in developing deep-water ports in Mexico to bring an unprecedented volume of containers into the U.S. along the emerging NAFTA Super Highway. This move signals China’s emergence as the unexpected economic winner in the North American Union free market.

Hutchinson Ports, a wholly owned subsidiary of China’s giant Hutchinson Whampoa Limited (HWL) is investing millions to expand the deep water ports the company manages at Lazaro Cardenas and Manzanillo on Mexico’s Pacific coast. Now Hutchinson Ports is pledging millions more to develop Punta Colonet, today a desolate Mexican bay in Baja California. Mexico plans over the next seven years to dredge and convert Punta Colonet into a 10 to 20 berth deep-water port facility capable of processing some 6 million standard 20-foot-long TEUs (industry terminology for the “Twenty Foot Equivalent Unitâ€

You know I keep wondering what is the since of this super highway? We have ports. Whats wrong with them to continue using our ports? How do we keep track of imports (dangerous products like food) when they are comming out of Mexico? Will it say Mexico or China on packages? Or is this the whole idea? Is there going to be import taxes paid from China to Mexico. So will it be free for them to ship to USA? With no import taxes because Mexico is suppose to be a partner free trade. I don't like the sounds of any of this.

Did anyone here ever hear Bob Dylan's song "Union Sundown" ???
    It's sundown on the unions and what's made in the USA
    Sure was good idea until greed got in the way"

Maybe you don't agree with it, but in the last twenty five years I saw so many highly skilled, often unionized, American workers who seemed to think that the good times--of really not having to do hard work and not having to be organized and intelligent--would go on forever. Well, guess what..... That song came out in 1981 and I rmember even then how many skilled wokers had a kind of smug, haughty attitude--sort of "look at me, I've mastered this machine that does all the work and I just watch it." And I figured even twenty five years ago we were headed into big trouble. Now here we are.

Well we should fight this outsourcing. We should fight to keep good paying jobs in the US--but just like halting illegal immigration it's going to be a complicated fight. We need to provide some real answers and have all our ducks in a row when proposing changes.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

But are cheap sneakers at Wal-Mart really worth the damage being done to the most successful middle class ever built in world history?
    NO NO NO !!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Captianron wrote
    Well we should fight this outsourcing. We should fight to keep good paying jobs in the US--but just like halting illegal immigration it's going to be a complicated fight. We need to provide some real answers and have all our ducks in a row when proposing changes.
    Agreed, we can start with the video of the law firm who was consuting employers how to avoid having to hire American citizens by scamming them with job descriptions they couldn't possibly qualify for.

Here is the link to that video Rockfish in case some have not see it yet -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCbFEgFa ... ed&search=

Jeremiah 29:11
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Thanks, GeorgiaPeach!

Demand American Made. It is one of the easiest solutions. Every time you go into the store to shop, turn the package over and look for Made in the USA.

If you cannot find USA Made products,in the store, complain to the manager or owner. Then leave without buying. Shop online for American Made, it might take a little effort on your part, but it will help us keep our manufacturing base.

Long Term, we need to kick China out of the WTO, Repeal, NAFTA, CAFTA and any other bad trade deals that have been made over the years.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

tracking the usurper-in-chief and on his trail

cheap sneakers, or made in USA by free people

Quote Originally Posted by Jerome Corsi
    All this sounds like a good deal for China. But are cheap sneakers at Wal-Mart really worth the damage being done to the most successful middle class ever built in world history?
    A pair of "MADE IN U.S.A." New Balance 811's jumped off the shelf and into my hands at the VA hospital canteen.
    I bought them as a vintage specimen of a vanishing breed, almost without trying them on (they are a bit large for me).

I didn't even need a pair of walking shoes, but I bought them anyway.
    I'll just have to do without something else made in China.
    One man's terrorist is another man's undocumented worker.

Unless we enforce laws against illegal aliens today,
    tomorrow WE may wake up as illegals.

The last word: illegal aliens are ILLEGAL!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast