Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

look for Made in the USA.

OK ....THIS IS A GREAT CONCEPT. BUT MANY "MADE IN USA" PRODUCTS ARE MADE IN USA BY ILLEGAL WORKERS. OR AT LEAST BY FOREIGN WORKERS. THE "MADE IN USA" LOGO HAS BEEN BASTARDIZED. WE HAVE TO EXPORT THE ILLEGALS IN OUR COUNTRY AND CUT OFF WORK VISAS. IF WE WANT TO MAKE IT WE HAVE TO DO THIS.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I wish I could afford to buy only "made in the USA" but since some H1B import has the job that should be my husband's, we can't afford to exclusively buy American. We both work, but can barely keep the lights on and food on the table!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by jp_48504
    Demand American Made. It is one of the easiest solutions. Every time you go into the store to shop, turn the package over and look for Made in the USA.

If you cannot find USA Made products,in the store, complain to the manager or owner. Then leave without buying. Shop online for American Made, it might take a little effort on your part, but it will help us keep our manufacturing base.

Long Term, we need to kick China out of the WTO, Repeal, NAFTA, CAFTA and any other bad trade deals that have been made over the years.
    And be aware of "PACKAGED IN THE USA" there is a difference from "MADE IN THE USA" they try to fool you with this, it is made somewhere else and just packaged here. people see USA and think it is made here, it is also on alot of food, I started to buy "Green Asparagus" Marinated, then looked at the jar ( product of Peru, packed in Fresno cal.) This is happening with alot of goods of all kinds.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ALIPAC AUGUST FUND RAISER
    PLEASE help ALIPAC stay in the fight against illegal immigration!!!!
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=75673
    FOOD FOR THOUGHT
    WHAT WOULD WE DO WITHOUT ALIPAC???
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

tracking the usurper-in-chief and on his trail
    Quote Originally Posted by imblest
    I wish I could afford to buy only "made in the USA" but since some H1B import has the job that should be my husband's, we can't afford to exclusively buy American. We both work, but can barely keep the lights on and food on the table!
    And turning His gaze toward His disciples, [Jesus] began to say, "Blessed are you who are poor, for yours is the kingdom of God. Blessed are you who hunger now, for you shall be satisfied. Blessed are you who weep now, for you shall laugh." (Luke 6:20,21)

The Salvation Army has helped me a great deal. Give me a PM if you like, and we'll weep for each other.
    One man's terrorist is another man's undocumented worker.

Unless we enforce laws against illegal aliens today,
    tomorrow WE may wake up as illegals.

The last word: illegal aliens are ILLEGAL!

I sometimes buy "Old New Stock" items Made in The USA on Ebay,Resale Shops.I also will buy from England,France,Germany,Switzerland,Australia etc.It is easy since they sell online.

Also I find items Made In USA online.I am now looking for a good US chocolate to replace Hersheys those RATS !!!

I swear to do my best NOT to purchase China items and will spread the word fast as I can !!!

I will send this article to everyone I know with the Heading DON'T BUY CHINA PRODUCTS AND THIS IS WHY !!!
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

Yes, resale shops, thrift stores, garage sales - and estate sales are good places to find made in USA.

Once jokingly posted that we should all go into Wal Mart, load up a basket - then when we get to the checkout - look at the labels and say, 'This is made in China - I'm not buying that.' Maybe even pay for it then return it saying, "I didn't realize this was made in China."

Also, I have heard they only have to say made in America if perhaps the material is or if it is simply assembled in America. Also, there are some islands that are considered part of America, but where sweatshops and child labor is used. So Made in America - isn't what it once was.

Don't they make the New Balance shoes anymore. We used to buy them for our grandkids.

Quote Originally Posted by nntrixie

Also, I have heard they only have to say made in America if perhaps the material is or if it is simply assembled in America. Also, there are some islands that are considered part of America, but where sweatshops and child labor is used. So Made in America - isn't what it once was.
    assembled in America, must say exactly that. From the FTC web site

What is a qualified Made in USA claim?

A qualified Made in USA claim describes the extent, amount or type of a product’s domestic content or processing; it indicates that the product isn’t entirely of domestic origin.

Example: "60% U.S. content." "Made in USA of U.S. and imported parts." "Couch assembled in USA from Italian Leather and Mexican Frame."
    When is a qualified Made in USA claim appropriate?

A qualified Made in USA claim is appropriate for products that include U.S. content or processing but don’t meet the criteria for making an unqualified Made in USA claim. Because even qualified claims may imply more domestic content than exists, manufacturers or marketers must exercise care when making these claims. That is, avoid qualified claims unless the product has a significant amount of U.S. content or U.S. processing. A qualified Made in USA claim, like an unqualified claim, must be truthful and substantiated.

Example: An exercise treadmill is assembled in the U.S. The assembly represents significant work and constitutes a "substantial transformation" (a term used by the U.S. Customs Service). All of the treadmill’s major parts, including the motor, frame, and electronic display, are imported. A few of its incidental parts, such as the handle bar covers, the plastic on/off power key, and the treadmill mat, are manufactured in the U.S. Together, these parts account for approximately three percent of the total cost of all the parts. Because the value of the U.S.-made parts is negligible compared to the value of all the parts, a claim on the treadmill that it is "Made in USA of U.S. and Imported Parts" is deceptive. A claim like "Made in U.S. from Imported Parts" or "Assembled in U.S.A." would not be deceptive.[/qoute]

Quote Originally Posted by nntrixie
    Don't they make the New Balance shoes anymore. We used to buy them for our grandkids.
    New Balance shoes are made in the USA from both domestic and imported components. I spoke with them about it and was informed that some parts of the shoes are no longer manufactured by any US supplier.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Quote Originally Posted by MinutemanCDC_SC
    Quote Originally Posted by imblest
    And turning His gaze toward His disciples, [Jesus] began to say, "Blessed are you who are poor, for yours is the kingdom of God. Blessed are you who hunger now, for you shall be satisfied. Blessed are you who weep now, for you shall laugh." (Luke 6:20,21)

The Salvation Army has helped me a great deal. Give me a PM if you like, and we'll weep for each other.
    Thanks. Minuteman but I don't cry over it if I can help it. I just get frustrated every so often!

A favorite of mine--
    John 16:33 "I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world."

nntrixie wrote
    Once jokingly posted that we should all go into Wal Mart, load up a basket - then when we get to the checkout - look at the labels and say, 'This is made in China - I'm not buying that.' Maybe even pay for it then return it saying, "I didn't realize this was made in China."
    That'd be a hoot!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12