Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Chris Christie: Target Employers, Not Illegal Immigrants

by Sandy Fitzgerald | Friday, 17 Jul 2015 02:31 PM

The federal government should target employers that hire undocumented workers, Gov. Chris Christie said Friday, standing by comments he made in 2010 about allowing immigrants a pathway to citizenship.

"We've got to penalize employers who hire people who are here illegally," the New Jersey governor, a candidate for the 2016 GOP nomination, told CNN's Alisyn Camerota during an extensive interview that aired Friday.

"The fact is that shouldn't happen and it's exploiting American workers," Christie said.

"But in addition to that, it's exploiting many of those people who are here illegally because they're being paid less money. So we need to make bigger fines to make sure that those employers who violate the law are being held accountable."

The governor also discussed his chances for winning the nomination, telling CNN he doesn't believe he has a major rival among the more than several who are seeking the nod.

"There's nobody who is higher than 15 percent," he told Camerota. "So, I don't know, who would be the biggest rival? It's a large field. It's a good field. We are going to see who breaks out and captures the imagination of the voter and who they support."

But while there are many who believe the handshake he shared with President Barack Obama in the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy — and just before the November 2012 election — hurt his chances among conservatives, but Christie said he would do it all over again.

"It's my job to protect and serve the people of the state of New Jersey who just suffered the most devastating natural disaster in the state's history," Christie said. "Of course, I would treat the president of the United States with respect when he came to visit."

And he said he does not agree that that moment should be hurting his chances.

"I shook his hand," said Christie. "I welcomed and thanked him for his help. I thought that's what civilized human beings do to each other. If that's what politics have gotten to, no one should wonder why we are in the condition we are in, if we can't be civilized to each other."

He also does not believe the Bridgegate scandal, which occurred after staffers in his office ordered the closing of lanes on the George Washington Bridge in New York, matters a lot to voters outside the New York or New Jersey areas.

"What hurt more than anything else was the unrelenting coverage of it," said Christie, who has been cleared of any involvement in the situation. "All these months later, three independent investigations, all came to the same conclusion, I had nothing to do with it. In the end, I don't think people are going to make their decision based on a traffic jam."

http://www.newsmax.com/US/employers-.../17/id/657719/
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Target employers says Christie. That has been the law of the land for how many years. That is the old republican flip-flop to make us believe that they have a working plan. BULLSHIT!! Chirrs, we have done that one, it did NOT work. Next!

Except for Trump all the republicans seem to come up with are the old failing plans. One of my elders used to tell me that republicans would start wars, but leave them for someone else to end. I have to agree.

MW
    Kevinssdad wrote:

Except for Trump all the republicans seem to come up with are the old failing plans.
    Out of curiosity, what new and exciting plan does Trump have?

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Once you catch one you have the other. Target them both!