Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

"I am sick of people telling me that I am illegal," she states. Arizona was a part of Mexico long before White people stole it."
    The attached pertains to Texas but I'm sure could apply to AZ if I did the research.

Fast forward to about 5:35

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnTus_i2aZI
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Hello illegal aliens...Go home to Mexico. Your family is waiting for you. Do not abandon them.
    Enrich your lands and make it a place worth living. Stop using up and taking away what our children in the United States were meant to have!

The Mixteca people: abandoned

By Virginia Alvarado, Diario de Mexico, 29 March 2010.
    Translated from Spanish by Emily Leavitt.
    http://www.indypressny.org/nycma/voices ... ws/news_4/

It is estimated that the first wave of Mixteca immigrants arrived in New York starting in 1942. Nowadays, Mixteca communities say they are suffering from a problem they experienced during that time period: the Mixteca in Mexico are aging, and an economy once sustained by agriculture has been replaced by dollars coming in from New York.

Yetla, Tulcingo, Tlaxcoapa, Huehuepiaxtla, and Acatlán, among many other towns, are places where the Mixteca live in the southern region of the State of Puebla, an area characterized by dry soil and arid land. These factors propelled a massive migration to the United States. As the years passed, the region became "dollarized" and family income is now measured in remittances received from abroad.

Remaining alone
    Migration, which became ingrained in Mixteca communities generation after generation, has had a devastating effect from the perspective of those who have left and the Mexican authorities that govern what remains of towns and villages.

"The Mixteca are growing old," lamented David Gil Tovar, the mayor of Piaxtla, a town that like so many others depends on dollars to survive.

Gil Tovar, like many other mayors, says that the economic crisis in the United States has affected towns like Piaxtla, where the main source of family income is money sent from relatives abroad.

In Piaxtla 40 percent of the men and women are over 50 years old, while the other 60 percent are over age 65.

"The towns are full of elderly people. The Mixteca are dying off because there aren't any young people – all of them head off to the United States. The illusion that it is easy to make money there is a myth that persists," Gil Tovar told a group of Mixteca from villages where they don't have access to the most basic necessities: a sewage system and potable water.

If they are lucky, some municipal leaders have the luxury of a television set and a computer for their office.

"If things continue as they have, very soon there will be no one left in the towns. Many people come here and the ones that stay back home are elderly," said Mario Morales, originally from Yetla. He has lived in New York for more than four decades; for three of those decades he worked as cook, and now he is retired.

Towns such as Quilcayán have remained under-populated, but Quilcayán is fighting back by trying to get immigrants in New York to return. Locals hope that the community will not disappear because of a lack of residents.

"There aren't any families; it's empty and we don't want this to happen. We want to build the town up again. We don't want it to be forgotten," said Silvero Chávez, who, like Morales, arrived in New York when he was 23. He had been a teacher in Mexico, but began to work as a cook and became a well-known chef.

Underdeveloped
    David Trueva is an immigrant from Tlaxcoapan, a town he left more than 30 years ago. He maintains that it still doesn't have Internet access.

"Things are very underdeveloped there. The people have been deceived more than once when they were told they would get Internet service, and when the time came, they didn't get it. They are still waiting for it," said Trueva. He added that migrants from Mixteca towns keep traveling to the United States to look for work, which isn't easy to find and even less so during times of unemployment across all industrial sectors.

From Trueva's perspective, the Internet could help communities to stay better informed – in that sense the Internet is an educational tool. Mixteca immigrants say their community needs to be provided with education and opportunities to stanch the flow of migration to the north.

Aimless
    For federal officials, the concerns of the Mixteca community are quite valid. They are searching for a way to revive their economies, create jobs and keep their towns and villages populated.

"We realize the importance of immigrants in the life of their communities back home. We believe that their concern is our concern, because the Mixteca are aimless and these communities don't have a solid purpose," said Jorge Gutiérrez, undersecretary of the Ministry of Social Development in the state of Puebla.

Gutiérrez was clear when he said that the Mixteca need to find a way to build an economy that does not depend on remittances. While remittances do make a difference in the lives of families who receive them, they hinder the human need to evolve and innovate.

"This is where the community and the government can work together. We have to join forces to rebuild these towns and help the people progress so that they don't have to migrate," added Gutiérrez. He explained that opportunities exist when civic organizations support social organizations or register in programs that help immigrants to invest in businesses back home, ultimately benefitting everyone. (Right...so call La Raza in the USA, they have lots of money. Tell them to do the right thing, and stop encouraging illegal immigration to the US.)
    Ron Paul in 2011 "[...]no amnesty should be granted. Maybe a 'green card' with an asterisk should be issued[...]a much better option than deportation."

We get cheap government food and are often cold.
    Arggghhh…. Was my reaction to that statement. Judy you verbalized my thoughts perfectly! I have been hungry and cold but was thankful for the temporary help and food I received. It may not have been the best but I appreciated it. There are so many people in the world that are literally starving to death and this ignorant, angry lady needs a good put-down not sympathy!

...[
    b]uneducated [/b]illegals...sense on entitlement that illegals so obviously carry around with them.
    This is NOT the caliber of people we want in our country even if they are here legally!
    As Aristotle said, “Tolerance and apathy are the first virtue of a dying civilization.â€

Gutiérrez was clear when he said that the Mixteca need to find a way to build an economy that does not depend on remittances. While remittances do make a difference in the lives of families who receive them, they hinder the human need to evolve and innovate.

We have 500,000 Mexican nationals here in GA whose handlers claim they only want to work. Well, problem solved.

It would be cheaper for us to bus these people Mixteca than continue to support these Mexicans in the style they have become accustomed.

Don't even start trying to explain they are not the right kind of Mexicans, that they are not Mixteca. According to the PC police, diversity is always the answer.

Re: Christmas is a lonely time for many Latino migrants

Quote Originally Posted by tiredofapathy
    Christmas is a lonely time for many Latino migrants

Miguel Perez-Phoenix Civil Rights Examiner
    Phoenix Examiner - December 25, 2010

Phoenix resident Maria Moldonado came to the United States three years ago. She was working at a restaurant and got fired after an immigration rade. "I am sick of people telling me that I am illegal," she states. Arizona was a part of Mexico long before White people stole it." Ms. Moldonano, a single mother, has been forced to move herself and her three children into a homeless shelter. "They treat us like crap her. We get cheap government food and are often cold."

Erin Cavallo, an undocument student in the Maricopa Community College District, lives in a storage area just outside of Phoenix. "I live in a box. It's uncomfortable, but I have to do what I need to in order to survive." Ms. Cavallo plans to finish her school work and wants to become a nurse, but is being prevented from doing so because of her immigration status.

2010 was supposed to be the year of immigration reform. "There has been a lot of screaming, but nothing has happened," says David Valdez of Take Back Aztlán. "In 2011, we will protest and do what it takes to stand for our migrant workers." Mr. Valdez admits that with the Repubicans taking over Congress, positive steps towards immigration reform will be difficult.

http://www.examiner.com/civil-rights-in ... o-migrants

well your sick of it well No one told you to come over we don't Have it any better take Obama with you you get every thiing handed to you & we get S// I don't feel sorry for anyone . only The American we work like dog & we get S/// what part don't Understand if I said you want 10.00 dollar you know right a way . congress wake the hell up this is your country also or did you for get the hell wtih your seat .
    do your job also No Amnesty NO Amnesty
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

"I am sick of people telling me that I am illegal," she states. Arizona was a part of Mexico long before White people stole it."
    So what's their excuse for being in NY then??

April
    Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    They should return to their friends and family awaiting them back in their own nations.

W
    ABSOLUTELY!

Go home for xmas and stay there, give us all a gift we would love.

Phoenix resident Maria Moldonado came to the United States three years ago. She was working at a restaurant and got fired after an immigration rade. "I am sick of people telling me that I am illegal," she states. Arizona was a part of Mexico long before White people stole it." Ms. Moldonano, a single mother, has been forced to move herself and her three children into a homeless shelter. "They treat us like crap her. We get cheap government food and are often cold."

Erin Cavallo, an undocument student in the Maricopa Community College District, lives in a storage area just outside of Phoenix. "I live in a box. It's uncomfortable, but I have to do what I need to in order to survive." Ms. Cavallo plans to finish her school work and wants to become a nurse, but is being prevented from doing so because of her immigration status.
    Talk about denial. You are here ILLEGALLY. You get treated like crap because you chose this lifestyle. You get fired because it is illegal to hire you. If it's that uncomfortable you can always return to Mexico. You might also take a lesson in history. you can't steal something that you pay for and America paid Mexico generously for a land that they took from Spain after losing a war against the USA. you are luck we didn't take all of Mexico and give you nothing.
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

Wow id love to meet the guy who wrote this artical its not racisim the fact that we have an open boarder with canada is because there's not 3/4's of a million people trying to sneek across it every year and his solution to our drug problem is rediculus at best and really shows the lack of concern he has for his comunity and country! If he really wants to be tecnical about the south western states THEY BELONGED TO THE NATIVES FIRST before the mexicans started running them off. Even if mexico had those states they'd all be like the rest of mexico anyway and the people would be sneeking in to the us like they do now! I'm amazed at the fact the news paper even prints his articals must be filler for when there's nothing to print!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast