Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Citizenship revoked for immigration/insurance fraud

Thursday, January 29, 2009
    Federal jury in Detroit convicts Philippines immigrant of fraud
    Associated Press

DETROIT -- A federal jury in Detroit has convicted a Philippines-born woman of immigration fraud because she claimed to be law-abiding, even though she was involved in a medical fraud scheme.

Fifty-seven-year-old Elena Szilvagyi got U.S citizenship in 1997.

The Clarkston resident already is serving a federal prison sentence for health care and mail fraud. Prosecutors say she and husband David Szilvagyi defrauded Medicare and Blue Cross Blue Shield of $865,000 in 1994-98.

Advertisement
    ARALifestyle.com

Working Moms Can Win a $10,000 Scholarship

Sex Pheromones are Bending the Laws of Attraction

Building Strength and Muscle without Illegal Substances
    Advertising provided by:
    ARALifestyle.com

Defense lawyer Joan Ellerbusch Morgan said Thursday she is disappointed in the verdict, but that Elena Szilvagyi continues to have the support of her family.

Elena Szilvagyi faces sentencing April 30. The charges carry up to 10 years in prison and a $250,000 fine, as well as automatic loss of citizenship.

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar ... /901290425

Re: Citizenship revoked for immigration/insurance fraud

Elena Szilvagyi faces sentencing April 30. The charges carry up to 10 years in prison and a $250,000 fine, as well as automatic loss of citizenship.
    She deserves the Max on all three.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This is interesting to me, because when I was younger I lived with my grandma for some months in a very nice middle class area. My grandma owned an adult family home where she took care of alztheimers patients in her own home. She met this other lady who did the same job who turned out to be an illegal phillipino and was mistreating and malnourishing the elderly she was "caring" for. There are alot of illegal phillipinos that slip into the cracks, but since english is a major language in the phillipines they come here and act like a legal citizen and go so unnoticed.

English is the official language of the Phillipines...Unfortunately...there are some bad apples and they can easily take advantage of our system and get away with it...I'm glad this woman was caught and that they are revoking her citizenship.