Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

hold that thought, im still on hold at the ICE number. Let's see if anyone answers the phone there so I can file an official report.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I'm still on hold listening to the happy music designed to keep me peaceful while I wait.

The recording has a warm and friendly male and female voice that says...

"Please continue to hold, we appreciate your call and your business. Please stay on the line and we will be back in just a moment"

No human has answered the phone yet, I navigated their electronic selection system before going straight to HOLD.

I've been on hold for almost twenty minutes now.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I hope you have speakerphone!
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

It took thirty minutes for a lady to answer the phone. She asked what I wanted to report and I said an employer of illegal aliens.

She asked how I knew they were illegal, I said due to articles on CNN and in the Washington Post. She wanted the titles and dates of the articles so I gave them to here.

I asked if ICE agents had the authority to arrest anyone in America that breaks immigration laws? She said she would not answer questions like that.

She said, what is the name of the person or company you are reporting and I said "Michael Chertoff, the Director of Homeland Security.

She claimed she would forward that information, said thank you rather coldly and hung up.

W

I hope the music is not putting you to sleep W

All others, I bet that 12 hours from now W is still on hold :P That is what my local government offices do when they don't want to talk to someone.
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

At least they finally answered. I am willing to bet you your complaint has been filed away in the nearest trash can. But at least you tried. I wonder what would happen if WE ALL called and filed a complaint?
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

was the music on hold 1) Theme from cops?

2) Mexican Christmas music?

3) Coyote add

Did you give your name?

Did you press 1 for English

Do you know a bail bondsman

Chertoff may have not been home when these people come to clean, but someone was. Whether it was his wife or the butler, someone had interaction with these people. Did they not think that there was a possibility that they were illegal?

This same company had been caught before hiring illegals and the Chertoff's used them anyway. In light of his job as the head of HLS he should have found another company to use to clean his home.

I'm going to post this here too. OBLers are eating this news up. Turning it to 'look how you need us immigrants, you are hypocrites...'

carrasc...@aol.com
    View profile
    More options Dec 11, 11:14 am
    Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 12:14:45 -0500
    Local: Thurs, Dec 11 2008 11:14 am

Subject: ** OJO ** CHERTOFF (Homeland security) had "ILLEGALS" clean his house !!!! so does all D.C.!!!

One word for Mr. Chertoff & all those in Washington DC
    and Homeland Security who are against immigration reform : Hypocrite
    !! THEY CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT IMMIGRANT WORKERS!!
    to deliver their millions of carry out orders, cook their food, park their cars, clean their cars,
    clean their homes,pick up their dirty clothes they leave thrown on the floor each night,
    wash their clothes, run their errands, open the door for them to enter buildings,
    hotels, cut their grass,plant their flowers, trees,clean their pools,build their homes,
    iron their clothes, walk their dogs, wash their pets, deliver their newspapers, clean &
    vacuum all their senate offices, wash the thousands of dirty dishes at their homes &
    restaurants they eat at everyday, etc, etc etc.
    ? So actually what do they do?? -

Margaret
    WAUKEGAN,IL- HOME OF THOUSANDS OF HARDWORKING UNDOCUMENTED
    IMMIGRANTS WHO ARE SELF-SUFFICIENT & CAPABLE OF SUPPORTING
    THEIR FAMILIES EARNING MINIMUM WAGES.RESPONSIBLE
    WORKERS "NOT" LAZY TO GET UP IN THE MORNING TO GET THEIR
    PERSONAL FAMILY OBLIGATIONS & BASIC HOUSE CHORES DONE EVERYDAY

http://groups.google.com/group/10demarz ... 92f0532d9f

Friday, December 12, 2008
    EDITORIAL: Chertoff and the illegals
    How did it happen that Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff had illegal aliens cleaning his home for nearly four years without the Secret Service knowing about it? Yesterday, The Washington Post reported that that Mr. Chertoff hired Consistent Cleaning Services (CCS), a Rockville firm, to clean his home. Every few weeks during this four-year period, CCS employees cleaning the home would have their IDs screened by the Secret Service, and the owner of the firm claims that the workers sailed through -- even though subsequent checks showed that they were in the country illegally. Upon learning that CCS had used illegals to clean his home, Mr. Chertoff fired the company.

This summer, Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) fined the owner of the company, James Reid, $22,880 for failing to check identification and work documents and fill out required verification forms for employees -- five of whom were on crews sent to Mr. Chertoff's home. Mr. Reid claims that the fine may put him out of business, and that it is unreasonable to expect small-business owners like him to be able to determine whether drivers licenses presented him by workers were real or fake. The government counters that it does not penalize companies for hiring illegals if they have made a serious effort to verify whether a job applicant is legally in the United States, and that it only penalizes companies that fail to examine workers' documents and keep completed I-9 verification forms for employees.

The fact that it took the Secret Service nearly four years to learn that people cleaning the home of a Cabinet official were in the United States illegally is a disturbing example of the compartmentalization of federal immigration and anti-terrorism law. The Secret Service was looking, as it should have been, to screen out terrorists and sociopaths who might attempt to harm Mr. Chertoff. But the reality is that if the system can be fooled by a house cleaner, it can be fooled by a terrorist.

http://washingtontimes.com/news/2008/de ... -illegals/

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast