Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

CNN's Dobbs Sees Big Ratings Gains

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2007 ... shtml?s=ic

Friday, Jan. 5, 2007 12:44 a.m. EST

CNN's Dobbs Sees Big Ratings Gains

Lou Dobbs' relentless campaign against illegal immigration is striking a chord with cable television viewers – his nightly show's ratings surged 57 percent in the last quarter of 2006 compared to that period the year before.

"Lou Dobbs Tonight" was CNN's biggest gainer, easily outpacing "Larry King Live," up 12 percent, and "Anderson Cooper 360" at 24 percent. On his show, the lifelong Republican Dobbs assails the Bush administration for doing too little to stem illegal immigration.

He also rails against businesses for outsourcing American jobs to other countries, and advocacy groups for helping illegal aliens in the United States, while praising officials who try to enforce immigration laws.

In an exclusive interview with NewsMax Magazine last July, Dobbs declared: "To permit this continued lack of enforcement and lack of accountability on immigration laws, especially since 9/11, is inexcusable."

And about outsourcing, he told NewsMax: "Any company that kills an American job and places it overseas should be prohibited from doing so, either by regulation or tariffs or both."

Thank God for Lou Dobbs, he is the only one on a major news channel that hits illegal immigration hard every single day. I wonder how many death threats that guy gets. I am also tired of hearing about Jim Gilchrist getting interrupted during his speeches. You would think that security would help him out. It makes me worry about his safety.

Well, this explains why he's being attacked by the hacks over on Fox.
    It's like hell vomited and the Bush administration appeared.

Quote Originally Posted by CountFloyd
    What happened?

JAK
    Lou Dobbs' relentless campaign against illegal immigration is striking a chord with cable television viewers – his nightly show's ratings surged 57 percent in the last quarter of 2006 compared to that period the year before.
    He must be reporting on ISSUES that Americans want to know about.
    Americans want illegal immigration STOPPED! Since he is the only one who will DARE report on the subject...AMERICANS ARE TUNING IN!
    Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Neese
    Quote Originally Posted by CountFloyd
    What happened?
    KONDRACKE: Down. "Blowhard of the Year" award goes to CNN's Lou Dobbs. Now this is a guy who also could qualify for "Turncoat of the Year".

BARNES: Yes.

KONDRACKE: .when he used to be a cheerleader for capitalism and for corporate America. Now he is a - a - a demagogue, it - it amounts for populists and - and protectionists and - and xenophobes. And he doesn't have any answers.

BARNES: And he's wrong. You know, the fact is, the rolling up our borders and pulling out of the globalized economy is a way to achieve one thing: a lower standard of living.

KONDRACKE: Yes. Poverty. Yes, exactly. Absolutely.

BARNES: A low - you know.
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,240681,00.html
    It's like hell vomited and the Bush administration appeared.

Glad to hear Lou's ratings are going up. Why? Because Lou reports the news for the people, not to the people like a mind controlled robot. In his hour I get the main news of the day. He begins with the situation in Iraq and I always dread the numbers he gives re our dear soldiers. He points out the upside down insane situation our country is in due to uncontrolled illegal immigration. And he reports on situations that are destroying the middle class, or as he calls it 'the war on the middle class.' He is passionate about his work, you can tell. Keep up the great work Lou!
    And byw the author of the article should be told Lou is not a 'lifelong Republican.' He use to be but he's stated he isn't a Rep or Dem. Don't blame him.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Lou is about the only guy on cable news that I respect. Congressmen would be very wise to start watching his program. Because he has a very good idea of just what most americans think.

I think I know why Mort Kondracke is all for the amnesty for the Mexicans! Mort wrote a book about his life with his wife who died with parkinson's disease, called Saving Milly, it was made into a lifetime movie, I watched with my wife. Mort's wife's name was Millicent Martinez, she was half Jewish, on her moms side and half Mexican on her fathers side. her mom left the family when Milly was 3 and her father was deported to Mexico because he was communist,( most likely because he was probably illegal) where he died of a heart attack 3 days after reaching Mexico. Milly was raised by a friend of the family, who was a Mexican activist. Fred Barnes is a long time friend of Mort and his late wife Milly, now we know why Mort and Fred, are all for the amnesty bill and the guest workers program!
    There you have it ladies and gentlemen,now you know the rest of the story! I use to watch the Britt Hume show almost every day, have to say in part because of his very good jokes at the end of his program, I really liked Fred, thought of him as a good conservative,Mort, I knew was a liberal, anyway the day I heard Fred Barnes say he was for the shamnesty amnesty bill, I never again watched their program or Britt Humes again. I switched over to Lou Dobbs, I have never been sorry for doing it, Lou, to me is the number one anti-illegal opponent out there! Here is the link to what I said about Mort and his wife, the info, about why Mort is such a stanch supporter of Illegal Immigration.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/ar ... Jul22.html
    Build the dam fence post haste!

I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast