Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

CO: Day Labor Ordinance Passed In Aurora

Day Labor Ordinance Passed In Aurora
    Aurora City Council Puts Kibosh On Day Laborers Congregating

POSTED: 10:19 pm MDT July 28, 2008
    UPDATED: 11:16 pm MDT July 28, 2008

AURORA, Colo. -- The Aurora City Council passed an ordinance Monday night limiting the number of day labor employment agencies that can operate within a certain distance of one another.

The ordinance came in response to a request from the non-profit agency called El Centro Humanitario, which wanted to move to a location near Colfax and Dayton. There is already a for-profit day labor agency operating near that intersection.

Businesses in the area have argued for years that day laborers congregate along Colfax, blocking traffic and often scaring customers away.

"Customers don't want to get out of their cars," said Scott Pasternack, owner of Pasternack's Pawn Shop.

The ordinance essentially limits the number of employment agencies within a certain distance of one another: one per 1,500 feet.

The group opposed to the ordinance called it racist and anti-immigration.

"And this city, tonight, should not pass a law making a Good Samaritan illegal," said one supporter of day laborers.

"They shouldn't be harassed or exploited simply for trying to feed their families," said Rev. Julie Todd, who showed up Monday night to protest on the steps of the Aurora municipal building before the council meeting. "These agencies provided services for the least served in our community."
    http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/17 ... etail.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Learn a new line.....this one is old and doesn't fly. How many Muslims, Russians, Asians, Somalies, Irish do you see at this day labor site? Most likely none. So can the immigrant, racist, BS.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

After Katrina the person who the Mayor of Houston had in charge of day laboerservices let it be known that he did not want to serve the Louisianan refugees. The Houston civil servant had been providing services to the Latino illegal aliens. His name was Benito Juarez.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

crazybird, you are right that most of these day laborers are not from the better educated populations of the world. The only thing I worry about is the out sourcing and layoffs, not to mention the bankruptcies and the closing of businesses may lead to a lot of these folks laid off and unable to find work for years may soon go that route. Latest estimate is that 3 million jobs have been lost in this country.

crazybird, you are right that most of these day laborers are not from the better educated populations of the world. The only thing I worry about is the out sourcing and layoffs, not to mention the bankruptcies and the closing of businesses may lead to a lot of these folks laid off and unable to find work for years may soon go that route. Latest estimate is that 3 million jobs have been lost in this country.
    Point is, there are legal day labor sites and employment agencies. Legal people go to legal places for legal employers. Otherwise citizens might use word of mouth, etc. I don't even find it to be "better educated". There's a right way and wrong way.

This is a simple question......if you need a job.....do you think you stand a better chance getting on, in a mob of people, or more alone? Granted I don't know this at all because I never did it. Let's say I'm a hooker....I thing I might do better trolling alone, than standing with a mob of obvious hookers on a corner. If I wanted one.....I'd be looking for the lone one....not the mob of them. Not only would I not want attention drawn to me....being illegal.....I wouldn't want my potential work being singled out and possibly busted to.

As a woman or even an older person......I will not drive into a mob of strangers. I go for the lone person who feels safer. I'm taking a risk with one person......not a risk with a mob of people. Does that make sense?

I'm not saying if one is right or wrong.....it's just me. I might go to the lone guy with a sign that says, "will work for food"......no way will I go to a crowd of guys.

There might be safety in numbers......as long as you aren't the one taking the risk. I just don't do mobs......they make me uncomfortable. Too easy for them to turn. Yet at the same time.....mobs rule. When my husband and I went to Chicago for the concert.....we were out of our famaliar territory and afraid......but....rule one.....and funny coz others say the same thing.....follow the crowd....somebody up there knows where they are going. And usually they do. We followed like blind sheep and we got there and out safely.

MW
    "And this city, tonight, should not pass a law making a Good Samaritan illegal," said one supporter of day laborers.
    Good samaritan??????? How can someone doing a job illegally for pay be considered a good samaritan?

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Good samaritan??????? How can someone doing a job illegally for pay be considered a good samaritan?
    Got me! I always wondered about "honor among theives"....led me to believe even the law breakers have a limit as to how low they would go.

The ordinance essentially limits the number of employment agencies within a certain distance of one another: one per 1,500 feet.

Tough crap! This is what the ordiance states, and this is what you will do! I am against ANY "employment agencies" that cater to illegal aliens. WHAT THE HELL IS IT THAT ILLEGAL ALIENS EXPECT? That America is going to change our laws to suit your needs? Go home! You arent allowed to work here anyway, BECAUSE YOU ARE ILLEGAL ALIENS!

Geesch - I HOPE YOU ALL GET FREAKIN DEPORTED REAL FAST!
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

ICE SHOULD HAVE TO APPROVE ALL DAY LABORERS, FIRST