Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member FedUpinFarmersBranch's Avatar

CO- Immigrant workers paid after protest

Immigrant workers paid after protest
    by David Frey
    Saturday, May 15, 2010

GLENWOOD SPRINGS — Most of the immigrant workers who said they had been left unpaid by a Basalt construction company have now been paid by the general contractor.

The payment follows a protest by some of the workers in front of Styers Construction two weeks ago, when workers said the company owed more than $70,000 to about 20 employees.

Styers was acting as a subcontractor for general contractor PCL Construction on One Ski Hill Place, a luxury slopeside lodge in Breckenridge owned by Vail Resorts.

Andy McCord, head of PCL’s mountain division, said his company stepped in to pay the workers after Styers failed to.

The workers were caught in a dispute between Styers and PCL. Styers owner Alan Styers complained PCL had not paid his company in over a month. He has filed construction liens against PCL.

PCL said Styers had not been paid because of numerous construction flaws, and by its contract it shouldn’t be paid until those flaws are corrected.

“We see this a lot in the construction industry,â€
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    The workers are Latin American immigrants, several of whom admitted to the Aspen Daily News they were in the country illegally.
    Did you hear that, ICE? Time to pile in the black SUV and punch the Basalt construction companies address into your GPS.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

The workers were caught in a dispute between Styers and PCL. Styers owner Alan Styers complained PCL had not paid his company in over a month. He has filed construction liens against PCL.

PCL said Styers had not been paid because of numerous construction flaws, and by its contract it shouldn’t be paid until those flaws are corrected.
    ICE needs to go after PCL as well. They're as responsible as their subcontractor for the hiring of illegal workers doing shoddy and substandard work on construction that others will be buying or paying rent for. Where are the state inspectors? Why aren't they inspecting these jobs and checking licenses and ID's on these construction sites?

The victims are not only the Americans cheated out of the jobs but the ultimate users of the properties constructed having to live with shoddy an likely unsafe construction.

Wake Up America! You don't want to live in or work in or buy or use anything produced by illegal aliens who have no work history that can be verified, no references that can be verified, no training or licensing that can be verified. Hell, they can't even read the directions on a can of roof cement or understand an architectural drawing or follow an order or assignment given to them in English.

What is wrong with you people? STOP USING, BUYING, HIRING anything or anyone produced by or suspected of being produced by illegal aliens.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Re: CO- Immigrant workers paid after protest

Why are the workers getting paid for doing crappy work?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Wish I could find the article! About many US airlines have their mechanical maintenance work done in TX border towns by illegals who cannot read the manuals and often figure out their own fixes with what they have, not the proper parts and how this has compromised the safety of air travel. Yes, we pay everyday.

I know Mexican descent U.S. citizens who trained in airplane mechanics and cannot get a job here in Phoenix. I guess they have to go live in a Texas border town and pose as a non-English speaking illegal if they want the job. And of course the wages will not be enough to sustain living AND paying off the educational loan.

This illuminates my point that we all should be battling the corporatocracy together for decent wages but no, they have us pitted against each other in a race war which gives them more time to consolidate their position against human beings period.
    Restitution to Displaced Citizens First!

Re: CO- Immigrant workers paid after protest

Quote Originally Posted by Bowman

Why are the workers getting paid for doing crappy work?
    EXACTLY!!

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

what?! is this for real? Airlines hire illegal alien mechanics who not only illegal but cannot read english? if this is accurate this is needed to be addressed to the public. this is detremental to airline crashes!

Quote Originally Posted by sarum
    Wish I could find the article! About many US airlines have their mechanical maintenance work done in TX border towns by illegals who cannot read the manuals and often figure out their own fixes with what they have, not the proper parts and how this has compromised the safety of air travel. Yes, we pay everyday.

I know Mexican descent U.S. citizens who trained in airplane mechanics and cannot get a job here in Phoenix. I guess they have to go live in a Texas border town and pose as a non-English speaking illegal if they want the job. And of course the wages will not be enough to sustain living AND paying off the educational loan.

This illuminates my point that we all should be battling the corporatocracy together for decent wages but no, they have us pitted against each other in a race war which gives them more time to consolidate their position against human beings period.
    <div>Stop the Anchor Baby project illegals used to freeload taxpaying American Citizens! </div>

Quote Originally Posted by xchange
    what?! is this for real? Airlines hire illegal alien mechanics who not only illegal but cannot read english? if this is accurate this is needed to be addressed to the public. this is detremental to airline crashes!

I remember reading an article posted on here months ago, about this. They had to hire interpreters to read the manuals to the illegals. Makes you wonder how many illegal aliens built planes in their own countries, hmmm?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

Quote Originally Posted by xchange

It's been reported to the public about illegal aliens working as mechanics and baggage handlers as well for the airline industry. It's been reported to the public about illegal aliens working in our defense industry and on US military bases. Illegal aliens don't just pick fruit, they work in every industry we have including enterprises with security clearances and crucial task functions. Americans have been lied to, deceived, compromised, jeopardized, robbed, cheated, killed and sold out by illegal immigration and every single person who advocates, hires, aids, abets or ignores illegal aliens.

Why do you think so many of us have been spending our own time and our money for years trying to stop it? We're trying to stop it because illegal immigration is dangerous, deadly and costly to the American People. It must end, and it must end now, by all means necessary, whatever it takes.