Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

CO Suspect in Aurora triple-fatal crash at ice cream shop wi

Suspect in Aurora triple-fatal crash at ice cream shop withdraws plea
    By Joey Bunch
    The Denver Post

Posted: 05/11/2009 05:58:43 PM MDT
    Updated: 05/11/2009 06:15:09 PM MDT

The trial for the illegal immigrant accused of killing two women and a toddler in a car crash last year was to begin today, but instead Francis M. Hernandez will enter a new plea next week.

Hernandez, 24, a native of Guatemala, withdrew his not guilty plea in February after switching from a private attorney to a public defender.

His former private attorney, Kallman Elinoff, said the change of plea probably means a deal is in the works.

"I would hope the plea reflects a just and fair disposition, and I hope this kid isn't going away for the rest of his life," Kallman said of his former client.

"I hope it reflects a fair disposition to society and a fair disposition to him."

Kathleen Walsh, a spokeswoman for the Arapahoe County District Attorney's office, said she could not comment on any plea or potential plea deal until it is made in court.

Hernandez's public defender, Chris Bowman, did not return a phone call for comment.

Hernandez will enter his new plea on May 20. He faces 19 charges, including three counts of vehicular homicide in the Sept. 4 crash that killed friends Patricia Guntharp, 49. and Debra Serecky, 52, forcing their pickup truck into an Aurora ice cream shop, where the wreckage killed 3-year-old Marten Kudlis.

http://www.denverpost.com/crime/ci_12346072?source=rss
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Hernandez will enter his new plea on May 20. He faces 19 charges, including three counts of vehicular homicide in the Sept. 4 crash that killed friends Patricia Guntharp, 49. and Debra Serecky, 52, forcing their pickup truck into an Aurora ice cream shop, where the wreckage killed 3-year-old Marten Kudlis.
    This should be interesting, if they give him some kind of "favorable" plea deal people in Co. should be HOT! I remember his wife's sympathy grabbing moments in court before, and trotting out their daughter for those "heart wrenching" photo ops.

This guy deserves NOTHING less than having the book thrown at him, and being buried UNDER the jail house, cause if it was an American this is surely what would happen.

i know one thing. he had better get the more than SIX YEARS prison term that the illegal got in California for slamming head on into a vehicle carrying the director of " porky's" and killing him and his son. about the same time the accident in Va Beach happened that took the lifes of those two teen girls