Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

CO:Unlicensed Driver Cited In Accident, Keeps Driving UPDATE

Unlicensed Driver Cited In Accident, Keeps Driving

Police Say Accident Victim Could Be Charged For Following Unlicensed Driver To Prove She's Driving

Arthur Kane and John Ferrugia , CALL7 Investigators

POSTED: 4:56 pm MST February 22, 2011
    UPDATED: 11:58 am MST March 2, 2011

DENVER -- A woman who was severely injured in a traffic accident found the woman cited in the accident still driving without a license. But when she complained to police, officers did little to get the driver off the road and told the woman she could be arrested for harassing the unlicensed driver, a CALL7 Investigation uncovered.

“I had gone to the emergency room, and after multiple X-rays they found out I had chest contusions, and I had asked, 'What about my head?' Because my head was still hurting,â€

Let me guess..the victim is white?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

I can't believe that there aren't lawyers in Denver that would love to sue the city for Diana...she should find one. JMO
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Denver is a SANCTUARY CITY.
    thats why you will continue to see more stories like this.
    it makes me siskc that an american is being treated like this and an illegal alien is getting off with a fine. but not arrested and deported

Quote Originally Posted by Newmexican
    I can't believe that there aren't lawyers in Denver that would love to sue the city for Diana...she should find one. JMO
    They won't and the excuse will be: "we don't want to offend the Hispanic community." That is what we got when a relative of mine wanted to sue Miami Dade College. She wanted to go to school there and was told she was an international student which she was not. Once she heard about all the illegals being caught going to school there and getting deported or in the case of the Gomez brothers and other brothers Lincoln Balart got them temporary visas she felt she was being discriminated against becuase she was white non hispanic. She called the ACLU and most lawyers in the yellow pages and not one would take her case.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Unlicensed Driver In Injury Crash Arrested By ICE

CALL7: Unlicensed Driver In Injury Crash Arrested By ICE
    Woman Threatened To Sue Accident Victim, Call Police
    Alan Gathright, 7NEWS Content Producer

POSTED: 11:15 am MST March 2, 2011
    UPDATED: 2:27 pm MST March 2, 2011

AURORA, Colo. -- Federal immigration agents have detained an unlicensed Colorado driver, from Mexico, who injured a couple in a crash and continued to drive despite a court order to stop.

CALL7 Investigator John Ferrugia has learned that Immigration and Customs Enforcement admistratively arrested the driver, Martha Hernandez-Fuerte, 24, and she is being held at the ICE detention facility in Aurora awaiting a hearing.
    Sources familiar with the case told Ferrugia that Tuesday's arrest was a direct result of the CALL7 Investigation.

During the investigation of the Lakewood crash that injured a husband and wife, Hernandez-Fuerte was cited for failure to stop at a red light and driving without a license, but police did not tow the vehicle Hernandez-Fuerte was driving or arrest her, Ferrugia revealed in a report that aired on Sunday night.

Hernandez-Fuerte’s only identification was a Mexican passport, and she told police she had lived in the U.S. for six years, records show. When Ferrugia confronted Hernandez-Fuerte, she refused to say whether she was in the country legally.

Diana, the woman injured in the wreck, discovered that Hernandez-Fuerte was still driving without a license. She captured the woman driving on video.

But when Diana complained to police, officers did nothing to get the driver off the road and told Diana she could be arrested for harassing the unlicensed driver, the CALL7 Investigation uncovered.

CALL7 also documented that the woman was still driving, but when Ferrugia asked if Hernandez-Fuerte had a driver's license, she refused to answer.

Hernandez-Fuerte Threatens To Sue Victim

Instead, Hernandez-Fuerte said if Diana continued to follow her, she would report the accident victim to police and sue her.

“She says if (Diana) keeps following her, she's going to file a lawsuit because she feels harassed,â€

[quote]“I said the plea deal that he had made is unacceptable,â€

[quote]Within days, Call 7 Investigator John Ferrugia documented Hernandez-Fuerte driving and confronted her.

“John Ferrugia, I'm with Channel 7 in Denver, and I want to ask you if you have driver's license,â€

CALL7 Investigator John Ferrugia has learned that Immigration and Customs Enforcement admistratively arrested the driver, Martha Hernandez-Fuerte, 24, and she is being held at the ICE detention facility in Aurora awaiting a hearing.
    Sources familiar with the case told Ferrugia that Tuesday's arrest was a direct result of the CALL7 Investigation.
    so the woman could not do nothing, and at first CALL7 results got nothing. but now things have changed and she is detained.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesw62
    so the woman could not do nothing, and at first CALL7 results got nothing. but now things have changed and she is detained.

There is a God!!! I cannot tell you how happy this makes me! I need to make a donation!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast