Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Coffee-Throwing Incident Bars Man From Child's School

Coffee-Throwing Incident Bars Man From Child's School

Posted: Aug 27, 2008 11:47 PM EDT

VIDEO: http://www.newschannel5.com/Global/story.asp?S=8913218

NewsChannel 5 reporter Brent Frazier (right) interviews Jan Kvapil

Marie Giffin's infant son who was in the car when Kvapil tossed coffee inside.

Marie Giffin

MANCHESTER, Tenn. - A case of possible road rage gets a man barred from his children's school and possibly kicked out of the United States.

According to witnesses, Czech-born Jan Kvapil tossed a cup of coffee inside a car that wasn't moving fast enough. Kvapil was arrested and charged with vandalism and disorderly conduct.

"I'm just concerned that maybe, you know, he might need a little anger management, maybe," said Marie Giffin, mother of two.

The incident happened in the parking lot of College Street Elementary School in Manchester.

Giffin said Kvapil "got out of his vehicle, opened my driver's side door and poured hot coffee in my seat, in my passenger's seat and it splattered all through the rest of my car."

She said he narrowly missed her 6-month-old son who was in a car seat in the back seat.

Kvapil said it was day-old, cold coffee when asked if the beverage was hot.

When asked by NewsChannel 5 reporter Brent Frazier if he had any regrets, Kvapil replied, "Yes, yes. It was stupid."

He said police are blowing the incident out of proportion because he is a native of the Czech Republic.

Authorities learned the 34-year-old man has an Oregon driver's license and he used a different name and date of birth. Kvapil's immigration status is also being called into questions.

"He's living in an apartment building here in Manchester. He may be living with another illegal immigrant there also," said Manchester Police Capt. Victor Jones.

"Can I ask if you're in the country legally?" Frazier said.

"Uh, that's my business," Kvapil said.

He declined to comment further.

The principal barred Kvapil, who was taking his own children to class, from school property. Giffin said she was merely trying to get her own, crying kindergartner to class on time. She acknowledged that she had parked in a driving lane. But, she said, her car didn't deserve to be assaulted with a cup of coffee.

Manchester detectives are alerting federal authorities to determine Kvapil's immigration status.
    http://www.newschannel5.com/Global/story.asp?S=8913218
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW

"Uh, that's my business," Kvapil said. He declined to comment further.
    That comment should be reason to doubt his legal status. The PD needs to contact ICE and let them investigate his status.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

No, pal- That IS OUR business and we have every right to ask! And what were you doing standing on tax-payer funded school property anyway? Got an illegal alien child attending OUR school?

"He said police are blowing the incident out of proportion because he is a native of the Czech Republic." Of course...why else?!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

He declined to comment further.
    NO...THAT'S OUR BUSINESS!!!

Wow, finally someone in my town addresses IA. Don't anyone believe that this town is in a habit to ask immigration status of anyone. Had the news van not been here, status would not have been asked. Although if asked Manchester is underneath very concerned about our way of life, but in this PC Bulls**t time you wouldnt dare say it. Along with 99% of the country we want our laws enforced, but you are strangled by PC unless you are in the minorioty "white race" then you are a racist if you want ALL to obey the law Kudos to Victor Jones for even asking someone such a question on the police force, GOOD JOB, THANKS FOR DOING YOUR JOB

Quote Originally Posted by tnridgerunner
    Wow, finally someone in my town addresses IA. Don't anyone believe that this town is in a habit to ask immigration status of anyone. Had the news van not been here, status would not have been asked. Although if asked Manchester is underneath very concerned about our way of life, but in this PC Bulls**t time you wouldnt dare say it. Along with 99% of the country we want our laws enforced, but you are strangled by PC unless you are in the minorioty "white race" then you are a racist if you want ALL to obey the law Kudos to Victor Jones for even asking someone such a question on the police force, GOOD JOB, THANKS FOR DOING YOUR JOB
    I doubt these questions would have been asked if we were dealing with a hispanic, as the person asking the question would have been deemed a racist, xenophobe, and nativist....

Quote Originally Posted by Texas2step
    "He said police are blowing the incident out of proportion because he is a native of the Czech Republic." Of course...why else?!
    Of course. After all, Americans go around throwing cups of coffee at people that piss them off, don't we? That couldn't have been the reason the cops arrested him, could it?
    "

She said he narrowly missed her 6-month-old son who was in a car seat in the back seat.

Kvapil said it was day-old, cold coffee when asked if the beverage was hot

As far as I'm concerned, whether the coffee was cold or not makes no difference.

Had the baby been hit with the coffee, he instinctively would have inhaled from the shock and being startled. What if he'd been hit with most of what was in that cup? He'd have taken in a lungful of coffee, that's what.

Does this freak realize the complications an infant can suffer from inhaling just a tiny bit of fluid into it's lungs? What about one which probably contained sugar and, maybe cream. making it even thicker, and far less pure in nature, than water?

I admire that mother's restraint. Had that been one of my kids, that rotten sonofablip would've been calling the police to save HIM from ME

But yeah.....it's all being blown out of proportion because he's a Czech immigrant.