Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

colleges should continue admitting illegal

Easley: Community colleges should continue admitting illegal immigrants
    http://www2.journalnow.com/content/2008 ... -admittin/

The Associated Press
    Published: May 8, 2008
    RALEIGH - Gov. Mike Easley said today that the state's community colleges should stick to a policy of admitting all eligible illegal immigrants.
    Easley made the suggestion today, a day after Attorney General Roy Cooper's office said the lenient admissions policy should be dropped.
    A letter from Cooper's general counsel said the community college system should follow federal law more closely and admit immigrants in narrow circumstances.
    Easley said today that federal law does not clearly outline when illegal immigrants can attend community college. He asked Cooper to seek clarification from Washington.
    Cooper's office said this week it could send a letter to the Department of Homeland Security on the system's behalf.
    North Carolina's community college system is the third largest in the country. About 800,000 students attend the system's 58 schools.

Easley is leaving thank-god!

As long as they and family are paying full out of state rates and do not get a student visa I am OK with it.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Vote in this online poll in the link below:

Should the state restrict admission of illegal immigrants to community colleges?

No: 115
    Yes: 811

-----------

news14.com
    Debate: Illegal aliens in colleges?
    Updated: 05/08/2008 02:41 PM
    By: Heather Moore

RALEIGH -- Should North Carolina's community colleges accept students who are illegal immigrants?

The community college system just changed its policy in November to allow illegal immigrants to register for college courses but they may have to change their policy again. That is based on a recommendation this week by the attorney general's office.

Last year, there were more than a quarter of a million students in North Carolina's community college system. Three hundred forty of them were illegal immigrants.

Wake Technical Community College, like many others across the state, changed its admission policy last year to allow illegal immigrants at the direction of the state community college system.

“We don't particularly want to be the immigration police,â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

As I commented before the decision by DEMOCRAT Governor Mike Easley and DEMOCRAT Martin Lancaster to force North Carolina Community Colleges to accept ILLEGALS will cost all Democrats at the polls in 2008. It is difficult for me to believe that the Governor is a member of the same Democrat Party as Rep. Heath Shuler’s, the author of the Pro American Citizen “SAVEâ€

MW
    Richard wrote:

As long as they and family are paying full out of state rates and do not get a student visa I am OK with it.
    What??????? Isn't this the mentality we're fighting against? To be "OK" with illegal aliens participating in our colleges and universities must mean you're "OK" with them being here. IMO, the rule of law demands that illegal immigrants not be allowed to participate in our society in any form or fashion.

Would you be "OK" with them taking American jobs if they were paying taxes?

Would you be "OK" with illegal immigrants obtaining driver's licenses, assuming they are paying for them?

Are you "OK" with banks and other financial institutes giving illegals mortgages?

I don't follow you're thinking, Richard. To allow them to participate in our society is to acknowledge that their presence here is acceptable. Furthermore, for each illegal alien that attends an insititute of higher education, that's one less American citizen that won't get to realize their "American dream."

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by Populist

Should the state restrict admission of illegal immigrants to community colleges?

Had to pass up this poll since I don't think illegals should be admitted to any state-supported colleges.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by had_enuf
    Quote Originally Posted by Populist

Had to pass up this poll since I don't think illegals should be admitted to any state-supported colleges.
    Me too, I left a comment on the poll explaining how I "felt"!

Richard,

To allow persons who are in this country illegally to take advantage of U.S. services and educational institutions is to legitimize their illegal behaviour and illegal presence. This is the kind of attitude that has allowed this issue to slide into the abyss we now find ourselves. Until we take a hard line, enforce our laws and secure our borders, we'll continue our slide into absolute chaos. American citizenship will become meaningless.

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    Richard wrote:

What??????? Isn't this the mentality we're fighting against? To be "OK" with illegal aliens participating in our colleges and universities must mean you're "OK" with them being here. IMO, the rule of law demands that illegal immigrants not be allowed to participate in our society in any form or fashion.

Would you be "OK" with them taking American jobs if they were paying taxes?

Would you be "OK" with illegal immigrants obtaining driver's licenses, assuming they are paying for them?

Are you "OK" with banks and other financial institutes giving illegals mortgages?

I don't follow you're thinking, Richard. To allow them to participate in our society is to acknowledge that their presence here is acceptable. Furthermore, for each illegal alien that attends an insititute of higher education, that's one less American citizen that won't get to realize their "American dream."
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

So I guess some would assume that as soon as these illegals complete their degrees, they are going to pack up and head home. Yea, sure they will!

Now you have an illegal with a college degree in which it's unlikely that illegal is going to go flip burgers at some fast food joint. They now have a greater incentive to obtain fradulent documents in order to get a job. This time however, the person they will be displacing will be you or I, or your children whom many of you had to work very hard in order to put through college.

Anyone still ok with that?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast