Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Colorado Senate votes down in-state tuition!!!!!

Just got word on Caplis and silverman on www.KHOW.com the state senate of Colorado just debated and SHOT DOWN the Illegal Alien Tuition Bill!!!

I need help with confirming Articles!!!!!

If this is True THANK ALL OF YOU VERY MUCH!!!!!!

Im so happy i could cry!!!

The Colorado Senate voted 18-16 Monday to kill a bill that would have granted in-state tuition to some illegal immigrants who graduated from Colorado high schools.
    Advertisement

Five Democrats joined all 13 Republicans in voting against Senate Bill 170./

Senate Bill 170 would apply to students who are in the country illegally and who have graduated from Colorado high schools.

Backers say that these students were brought into the country illegally as children by their parents. They say it makes economic sense to help them get an education.

Opponents say it would violate a federal law that bars states from offering illegal immigrants any benefit that’s not given to citizens from other states. Despite that law, 10 states have passed laws allowing in-state tuition for illegal immigrant students.

http://www.coloradoan.com/article/20090 ... 1/90406022
    Work Harder Millions on Welfare Depend on You!

Tuition For Illegal Immigrant Bill Killed

POSTED: 3:39 pm MDT April 6, 2009

DENVER -- The Colorado Senate has killed a proposal that would have allowed illegal immigrant students to pay in-state tuition at state colleges.

Five Democrats joined with Republicans to defeat the measure 18-16 after a three-hour debate on Monday.

Senate Bill 170 would have applied to students who are in the country illegally and who have graduated from Colorado high schools.

Opponents said it would have violated a federal law that bars states from offering illegal immigrants any benefit that's not given to citizens from other states.

Lawmakers voted to change the bill to say it would only take effect if the federal law is changed but the amended version was then defeated.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/19 ... etail.html

And chalk up another VICTORY ALIPACERS!!!!
    Work Harder Millions on Welfare Depend on You!

Thanks for the news.

Contact with our reps does work.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

http://www.kdvr.com/news/kdvr-immigrant ... 9617.story

POLL

A bill that would grant in-state tuition to illegal immigrant high-schoolers going to college is making it's way through the Colorado statehouse. What's your opinion?

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ ... ssimplepie

And this was even after Chris Romer's trick to bring it to a vote without Ted Harvey present.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I am trying to find who voted how. Let's post how everyone voted as soon as it is public record.

The "Yes" votes have got to be voted out.

confirmation! Roger that!

Sent: Monday, April 06, 2009 04:45 PM
    To: (MOD EDIT PRIVACY)
    Subject: RE: SB09-170

I have good news for you on Senate Bill 170 - the Senate voted 18-16 to kill it this afternoon after nearly five hours of debate.

I cast my vote against this deeply flawed measure, along with all my Republican colleagues and four brave Democrats: Carrol, Keller, Newell, and Tochtrop. Although this deeply misguided measure will likely resurface in future years, I am encouraged by the fact that the will of the public prevailed.

Thank you for your vigilance on this issue – the number of e-mails and phone calls the Senate has received about SB 170 has been overwhelming. On a close vote, public input can make all the difference. Do not hesitate to contact me in the future with any questions or concerns: 303-866-4881.

Sincerely,

Ted Harvey
    State Senator, Douglas County

Thank heavens! And hopefully this stays dead!!!!!

Congrats Colorado and ALIPAC!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast