Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Companies could be forced to verify workers are legal

Companies could be forced to verify workers are legal
    Critics say proposal could affect thousands of people
    Eunice Moscoso

WASHINGTON — Forcing companies to use a government system to verify whether employees are legally in the country could affect the job prospects of hundreds of thousands of people, critics said Tuesday.

Immigrant advocates, business groups and experts said the system, known as E-Verify, relies on faulty databases that were never designed as immigration enforcement tools.

The system, used by 58,000 companies, is voluntary. But proposals in Congress and state houses across the country would make it mandatory.

“If these bills pass, for the first time we are going to find ourselves as a nation, all workers, asking permission of our government to work, to be able to hold a job,â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

WASHINGTON — Forcing companies to use a government system to verify whether employees are legally in the country could affect the job prospects of hundreds of thousands of people, critics said Tuesday

How would it affect an American Citizen? Seems to me, the only ones that will be adversely affected are those who are in this country illegally and present fradulent documentation in order to gain employment.

If i'm qn American Citizen and E-verify uncovers an issue with my social number, I want to know about it.

The only ones complaining here are the OBL and pro-illegal invader groups who's opinion should not count as that opinion is in conflict with Federal Law and directly seeks to circumvent this nations laws.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: Companies could be forced to verify workers are legal

Quote Originally Posted by zeezil
    People with lower incomes could have trouble navigating that process, he said.
    Well the Ford Foundation has billions of dollars, why don't they use it to help Americans with problems like this instead of funding LaRaza, MALDEF, and the ACLU who only purpose is to help foreign criminals?

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

They should have been doing this since 1986! Get it done!
    "

I can't understand why E-verify is a bad thing. Employers already know if your SS does not match, this is a tool to help employers get off the hook in hiring this people. This would let them have a legitimate reason to let you go if you have trouble with SS, if you are legal, or American it would alert you to someone using your number. So it seems a WIN WIN for everyone except the illegals who are not supposed to be working anyway.

JAK
    Quote Originally Posted by miguelina
    They should have been doing this since 1986! Get it done!
    I agree!!!!!!!!!!! ASAP!
    Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!

Re: Companies could be forced to verify workers are legal

[quote="zeezil"]“If these bills pass, for the first time we are going to find ourselves as a nation, all workers, asking permission of our government to work, to be able to hold a job,â€

Companies could be forced

Illegals know the e-verify system will make it much harder to work illegally in this country. No work= no ability to stay and raise families here. That is exactly what Americans want.

If there is a fear that American citizens or legal immigrants might be affected, then lets work on the validation requirements. Maybe, instead of immediately firing someone from their job for a Social Security mismatch, we could allow more time to verify citizenship.

Better yet, lets send the mismatched workers to the nearest ICE office to straighten the mess out. Legal workers have the documents, or know where to get copies, to prove citizenship.

Personally, I wish every cop in Texas could use e-verify for traffic violations. I also want to make driving without required liability insurance a felony, if at fault in an accident.