Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senate

Excellent comments here.

I hope everyone is also making these comments to the Senator's
    offices.

They are the ones that need to hear it.

I don't think they're hearing us. What does that mean?

That means we need to yell just a bit louder.

Some Senators have voicemail.

It seems like I called McCain's office off hours a few days ago and you couldn't leave a message. But I called this evening and there was a message machine.

I left a long message with the main point being "how come you are afraid to debate your immigration proposal"

McCain's number is 202-224-2235

One thing that bugs me- I don't get the impression there are any immigration reform groups in South Carolina.

Someone needs to hammer on Lindsey Graham for having the utter stupidity of supporting McCain Kennedy.

I called Graham's office the other day and told the staffer that Graham being a co-sponsor of McCain Kennedy would end his political career.

Shall we follow up on that and make sure it happens? I think I hear a "yes".

I wonder, if immigration reform advocates in North Carolina yell loud enough can Lindsey Graham hear you next door?

I dont think this is really even news.

The McCain/Kennedy amnesty has always been the "default" bill to be passed in the Judiciary... It was what we expected to be fighting before the Specter bill was introduced to supposedly "meet halfway" between the Kyle and the McCain bills.

There have always been enough pro sentiments to pass McCain/Kennedy through the Judiciary.

Im not sure why you think that Sessions has betrayed his earlier position. His physically being present would not change the dynamics of the committees make-up. They all knew he'd be against it.

The second article says there are 12 supporters out of 18. What's news about that? We went into this expecting more support than THAT for the Kennedy amnesty. The only one we were able to count on was Sessions going into this Judiciary hearing. Now we have Sessions, Grassley, Coburn, Feinstein, Kyle, and Cornyn likely to vote against it (Kennedy bill).

Kennedy, Specter, Leahy, Feingold, Schumer, Durbin, Biden, Dewine were already on the "pig" list going into this.

Brownback, Hatch, Kohl, Graham the golfer - I mean.....we thought they might be moveable with enough outcry...... Esp with Brownback entertaining presidential aspirations, Hatch and Kohl up for re-election,......
    but it was always just a chance.
    http://www.soldiersangels.com Adopt a Soldier

"This is our culture - fight for it. This is our flag - pick it up. This is our country - take it back." - Congressman Tom Tancredo

AMNESTY! AMNESTY! AMNESTY! That's all this bill is, they didn't even try to hide it. It's obvious that the plan is to send a bill to the House that they know will not pass, so they can put this off until after the November elections. We need to let them know that we are onto their game and we will vote all of them out of office if we don't get an enforcement only bill before the November elections.
    REMEMBER IN NOVEMBER!

Quote Originally Posted by JuniusJnr
    But even if nothing scuttles the compromise between now and when lawmakers get back from recess, and if the Senate passes a bill with these elements, there would remain a steep battle to get agreement from the House. The House passed an enforcement-based measure in December that doesn't include a guest-worker program or a plan for undocumented immigrants in the United States now.
    Aren't we missing something very important here? Read the above paragraph. Tom Tancredo already has 73 lined up to fight this. I doubt if it will pass the house and it can't go forward if it doesn't. Meantime, we keep plugging away at them.
    73 is good, but it should be 435, not just 73!!! Where are all the other Reps!?!
    All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123