Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Congressional taxpayer funded AMNESTY TOUR

This is absolutely insane...U.S. elected officials spending taxpayer paid time and money going on a promotional public relations tour to drum up support for amnesty and benefits for illegal aliens! Excuse me, Congressman Guitterez....AMERICANS of all colors, creeds and etnicities are hurting for jobs, losing their homes, worried about their family's financial future, education and healthcare and you and Rep. Velazquez think it's okay to use taxpayer monety to travel to 17 cities to shill for ILLEGAL ALIENS? You are unfit for your office. LL

HispanicBusiness.com

Hispanic Lawmakers Launch Immigration Policy Tour

Feb. 25, 2009
    Rob Kuznia--HispanicBusiness.com

Hispanic lawmakers and advocates this week will launch a townhouse tour in 17 cities to try drum up support for changes to the U.S. immigration policy, the The Associated Press reports.

The tour signals the beginning of a wider effort to change the approach in the push for more lenient immigration policies, in part by appealing more to peoples' sense of common decency through storytelling.

Before the Obama administration took office, the debate centered more on issues such as enforcement, raids and the proposal to build a wall on the border separating Mexico from the United States. The lawmakers and advocates are hoping to shift the debate to the idea of creating a path to citizenship for the approximately 12 million illegal immigrants in the country.

The meetings will take place in churches and community centers in 17 cities, starting Friday with a gathering in Providence, R.I.

The participating lawmakers include Rep. Luis Gutierrez, D-Ill., and Rep. Nydia Velazquez of New York, chairwoman of the Congressional Hispanic Caucus.

They are racists

If Illegal Aliens were NOT hispanic/latino as a majority they wouldnt so much as leave their office to try and help.

If you have the chance, please call or e-mail the Rhode Island governor's office and thank Gov. Carcieri for instituting common sense steps against illegal immigration (RI also has one of the highest unemployment rates in the country):

http://www.governor.ri.gov/contact/
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I was just reading about the "Club Michoacan" i.e transplanted Mexicans living in the Chicago area who have been organizing to lobby the US Congress.

If they are advocating the policy of the Mexican government's "Institute for Mexican's Living Abroad" should they not, also, be registered under the Foreign Agent's Registration Act? I believe any lobbying of Congress which is illegally done by this group should be disregarded. My inquiry of the FARA is that it is a very poorly enforced law, but when it was enacted in 1938 it was intended to restrict the lobbying of the US Congress by hostile foreign interests, such as that of the Nazi government. Even though the US and Mexico may have a more symbiotic relationship, they are going to extremes in trying to influence our policies.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    legalatina wrote:

This is absolutely insane...U.S. elected officials spending taxpayer paid time and money going on a promotional public relations tour to drum up support for amnesty and benefits for illegal aliens!
    If they are in fact utilizing taxpayer money on this, you're absolutely right! Can we find out if he is using taxpayer money to fund his trips? I assume private groups could be funding his expenses. However, even if that were the case, I don't see how attending townhall meetings outside his district is representing his constituents.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

....any activity that Congressman Luis Guitterez undertakes in his official capacity as a U.S. Congressman IS on taxpayer paid time....we pay his salary and benefits and it is not part of his nor any U.S. elected member of Congress' duty to lobbying, and tour around the country to advocate for illegal aliens.

I guess these lawmakers districts must be doing very well, have low crime rates, and very few foreclosures for them to have so much time on their hands?

Hopefully the people they try to snow will be smart enough to look at where they're coming from. What am I saying? They'll be preaching to their choir.
    "

Captainiron,

You have brought up enforcement of the Foreign Agent's Registration Act (FARA) in several posts. When U.S. Senators Clinton, Kennedy, and McCain were meeting openly with leaders from the Republic of Ireland and pledging to "work for immigration reform" for Irish nationals in the country illegally, I wrote to this unit asking why these U.S. lawmakers were not required to register as foreign lobbyists when they had stated publically that they were going to work within our Congress to bring about legislation on behalf of a foreign government? I know this probably was a bit frivolous. However, everyone complains about the undue influence of lobbyists, and it seemed to me, like you, that proper enforcement of this legislation on our books since the 1930's would serve to bring down their number.

Below is the website of the Foreign Agent's Registration Unit (FARA) of the Department of Justice for those interested:
    http://www.usdoj.gov/criminal/fara/

Last week I sent out some emails both to Congressional leaders and to the Counter Espionage Department responsible for investigating complaints. Still awaiting replies. As I have read, this law is seldom enforced.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David

This is a joke.

They are not going to drum up any support. They are going to churches and orginizations that are already pro-illegal alien. These guys are going to sing to the chior and make promisses to these non-profits and illegal aliens. They will actually be blathering for the Liberal press, which will cover there apperance and amnesty promises, which is really just head hunting for future voters.

This is so obvious what they are doing, it's laughable.

Dixie