Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

That's interesting about WHY Rose like politics!! I had never heard that one! YEP--the PATRIARCH was a womanizer just like the SON. They were BOTH into that Hollywood scene. I can't remember who some of them were but Gloria does ring a bell. It's been YEARS since I've read any Kennedy biographies but, although I never like any of the sons and didn't vote for Kennedy, I always really admired Rose. She was an amazing woman BUT, in retrospect, Maybe SHE was the one that was power hungry. No, I shouldn't say that. Her father was VERY political. I'm trying to remember his name but he was BIG in Boston politics when she was growing up. It will come to me. The last name was Fitzgerald and I THINK his nickname was "Honey Fitz"! I'm searching the NETHER REGIONS OF MY BRAIN for this one!!!
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Unless it was included with bootlegger, you guys left out Joe's mob connections. There is pretty convincing evidence that Joe bought the 1960 presidential election through the mob. Several years ago the Washington Times had a series of articles where they interviewed the prostitute who took a bag of Kennedy money and delivered it to the (Chicago, I think, but can't remember for sure) mob to buy votes. I think that there was a book or two written about it too.

If not for that, Nixon may well have been elected President in 1960, John Kennedy would not have been assasinated in 1963, and then Lyndon Johnson/Ted Kennedy could not have used "how can you vote against a dead president who gave his life in the service of his country" to push their bills through Congress. Whether or not John Kennedy would have ever supported some of the things that Lyndon/Ted used his name for I don't know. Probably not, IMO, as the image in my mind is that John was more of a patriot than either Lyndon or Ted. John (or Nixon) may have pulled out of VietNam rather than lying about it and escalating it -- so that war may have never been. And, Marilyn was cute -- but, who knows what happened to her.

It is interesting how a bag of money and a couple of pieces of magic lead can change history for us "little guys".

I do vaguely remember something like that, BlueHills! Yes--I think it WAS the Chicago mob and Chicago had a really heavy Irish Catholic population so, since the Kennedy's were Irish Catholics, that would stand to reason. YEP--they weren't such a SHINING EXAMPLE of honest people! In fact, it seems like ALL of the boys had "histories" of some sort. SHADY!
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

The names you are looking for are

Gloria Swanson

John Fitzgerald aka "Honey Fitz"

Judith Campbell Exner

Also what Joe Kennedy fixed was the Democratic Primary
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Thanks Richard on the name Gloria Swanson.

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Thanks, Richard, for ALL of the names. JOHN Fitzgerald!! THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN OBVIOUS because I KNEW JFK was named for his grandfather. At least, the Fitzgerald part!! DUH!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12