Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Construction Slump Sends Illegal Aliens Packing

Construction slump sends illegal aliens packing
    Chad Groening - OneNewsNow - 6/11/2008 4:00:00 AM

An immigration reform activist says she isn't surprised that the downturn in the construction industry in the U.S. has led to an increase in the unemployment rate among illegal immigrants, compelling some to return to their homelands.

The Pew Hispanic Center recently analyzed census and Labor Department data and found that the unemployment rate among foreign-born Hispanics in the first months of this year was 7.5 percent, compared to 5.5 percent over the same period a year ago.

Susan Tully, national field director with the Federation for American Immigration Reform, says many of these unemployed Hispanic immigrants are illegal aliens who work in the construction trades.

"The illegal alien population have [sic] almost predominately taken over the construction industry. And so, of course, they're going to be largely impacted by that. So the bottom line is they need to go home," Tully contends.

In fact, Tully says many illegal aliens are doing just that. "They're self-deporting. Some of them are rethinking -- they're trying to stick it out as long as they can because they know it's harder than it's ever been before for them to get back through the border. So when they decide to go home, this is kind of like they've finally given up," Tully explains.

The Pew study also found that, for the first time in five years, foreign-born Hispanics in the U.S. had a higher unemployment rate than native-born Hispanics.

http://www.onenewsnow.com/Security/Defa ... ?id=132272
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Well that says it all, they better get going before they get the fence built and the border closed

>>ACTION ALERT 6/12<<
    PLEASE TAKE ACTION ON NC. CAROLINA
    INSTRUCTIONS AND INFORMATION!
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopicp-702279.html#702279
    Join Immigration Enforcement Groups for Historic Rally in Raleigh on June 18
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-119113.html
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

I thought that they came to do the jobs(blaa blaa blaa)you know.Im in the construction trade and guess what im unemployed. yea send um packin
    I..

The Pew study also found that, for the first time in five years, foreign-born Hispanics in the U.S. had a higher unemployment rate than native-born Hispanics.
    Is that the new defination for legal vs illegal?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by crazybird
    Is that the new defination for legal vs illegal?
    Just another way to muddy the water since foreign-born could be a legal immigrant.
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Just another way to muddy the water since foreign-born could be a legal immigrant.
    I'm 15th generation native born and they still call me an immigrant. It just kills me how they try any avenue possible other than the simple truth. Legal vs illegal.

I would seriously hope there were more illegals out of work than citizens.........hispanic or any other group since they aren't supposed to be here anyway. More are out of work because the economy hit the areas they were working in........just like it always does. As well as lots and lots of citizens.

Quote Originally Posted by crazybird
    I'm 15th generation native born and they still call me an immigrant. It just kills me how they try any avenue possible other than the simple truth. Legal vs illegal.

I would seriously hope there were more illegals out of work than citizens.........hispanic or any other group since they aren't supposed to be here anyway. More are out of work because the economy hit the areas they were working in........just like it always does. As well as lots and lots of citizens.
    Yes well I understand I'm an immigrant also , although my family came here in the 17th century albeit probably illegally even though my family received land from the king...but then we all know it was not his to give away.

They need to give it up and face the fact as you said it is the 21st century and there is a difference between "Legal and Illegal" rather they approve or not.