Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned

Convicted Drunken Driver Blames Employer For Fatal Crash

Convicted Drunken Driver Blames Employer For Fatal Crash

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17357546/

KNSD-TV
    February 27, 2007

SAN DIEGO - The man convicted in the drunken driving death of a Ramona woman said his former boss should also face criminal charges, NBC 7/39 reported.

Rafael Ramirez Perez admits he made a huge mistake, when he said he got drunk and drove his employer's work truck on State Route 67 and crashed into a car driven by 22-year-old Amy Kortlang. She was killed instantly.

Now Perez will have to spend at least 21 years in prison.

"I think alcohol is a disease and sometimes you can't deal with it you know,? Perez said. "I want to tell the family, I'm sorry hopefully over time they will forgive me."

But Perez said he thinks his former employer, Mark Kackstetter, the owner of MK concrete, should also be held responsible. Perez said his former boss never checked his background.

"He never asked me if I had a license," Perez said. Perez has a suspended driver's license and four prior DUI convictions.

"I know I was driving the truck, and my history and everything, maybe if he would have taken the extra time he would have saved two lives from going down the hill,"Perez said.

Perez said he wasn't the only illegal immigrant working at MK Concrete.

?I believe he should be checked for all of that, and how long he's been doing this, because it's not fair," Perez said.

The Amy Kortlang?s family is suing both Perez and Kackstetter for her death. The family also wants Kackstetter to face criminal charges for hiring Perez, who's an undocumented immigrant.

NBC 7/39 was not able to reach MK Concrete for comment.

"I know I was driving the truck, and my history and everything, maybe if he would have taken the extra time he would have saved two lives from going down the hill,"Perez said.
    I agree the employer is responsible for this POS driving his truck. But this "poor little me" crap won't fly anymore.

Does California use capital punishment, I hope?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by had_enuf
    I agree the employer is responsible for this POS driving his truck. But this "poor little me" crap won't fly anymore.

Does California use capital punishment, I hope?
    I agree, the criminal alien is responsible for driving the truck and killing this young woman, but I also agree that the owner of the company and anyone responsible for hiring this garbage in the first place should be sued. I hope they get the cell (s) next to his.

why have we not heard about the family suing this company for wrongful death in association with the death of AMY.

why hasnt this owner been charged as an accomplice, even if he wasnt driving.