Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Cornyn response...

This was a reponse to some letter I sent him. Not sure which one it is.

###

Dear Mr. Sullivan:

Thank you for contacting me about immigration reform. The need to fix our broken system is clear, and I appreciate having the benefit of your insight on one of the most important issues in recent memory.

Immigration reform ultimately must be about improving legal immigration, not about creating a new process that benefits only illegal aliens. Although we are a nation of immigrants, we are also a nation of laws. If all immigrants must abide by the rule of law and are treated equally, then we can reach a consensus on ways to improve the legal process so that it meets the needs of society, the economy, and our national security.

In July 2005, as Chairman of the Senate Judiciary Subcommittee on Border Security, Immigration, and Citizenship, I worked closely with Arizona Senator Jon Kyl to formulate the Comprehensive Enforcement and Immigration Reform Act of 2005 (S. 143. This legislation offers no amnesty but includes provisions to strengthen border security, ensure jobsite enforcement, and sensibly handle the undocumented population currently living within our borders. It is based on both the rule of law and the fundamental American principle of fairness.

Unfortunately, the Senate passed the Comprehensive Immigration Reform Act of 2006 by a vote of 62 to 36. I voted against this bill because it has serious flaws and would result in a net loss for our country. During the Senate debate I tried to improve the legislation in preparation for its consideration by a House-Senate conference, where it could be improved even more. The final result must be marked improvement in border security, employer accountability, better assimilation of legal immigrants, and compensation for state expenses incurred from illegal immigration.

Ultimately, the final immigration plan will be worked out in a conference committee that will reconcile the differences between the House of Representatives’ immigration bill (H.R. 4437) and the Senate bill (S. 2611). I will be on that committee, and I look forward to creating immigration laws that will be respected by American citizens and upheld by all levels of government.

As chairman of the Senate Judiciary Subcommittee on Border Security, Immigration, and Citizenship, I will continue working to curtail illegal immigration and its effects on the State of Texas while ensuring that immigrants following the rule of law have an equal opportunity to realize their potential as they become productive members of our society. To better acquaint you with the reforms I support, I have compiled detailed summaries of S. 1438 and other relevant information at http://cornyn.senate.gov/immigration.

I appreciate the opportunity to represent the interests of Texans in the United States Senate. Thank you for taking the time to contact me.

Sincerely,

JOHN CORNYN
    United States Senator

###
    THE POOR ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT IN MY AVATAR CROSSED OVER THE WRONG BORDER FENCE!!!

Oh brother... spoken like a true CFR member
    Never look at another flag. Remember, that behind Government, there is your country, and that you belong to her as you do belong to your own mother. Stand by her as you would stand by your own mother

Yes, I was not impressed.

Please, Ted Poe, won't you run for junior senator 08???

MW
    Ultimately, the final immigration plan will be worked out in a conference committee that will reconcile the differences between the House of Representatives’ immigration bill (H.R. 4437) and the Senate bill (S. 2611). I will be on that committee, and I look forward to creating immigration laws that will be respected by American citizens and upheld by all levels of government.
    After reading the above portion of his letter, I've come to the conclusion that his generic response is probably the same one he's been using for several months now. Wouldn't it be nice if our elected representatives respected us enough to respond to our correspondence with a more recently drafted letter.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

TYRANT
    why not go back and ask him to EXPLAIN in DETAIL- THIS portion of his 'expanation?"

3rd para:
    and sensibly handle the undocumented population currently living within our borders. It is based on both the rule of law and the fundamental American principle of fairness.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndamendsis
    TYRANT
    why not go back and ask him to EXPLAIN in DETAIL- THIS portion of his 'expanation?"

3rd para:
    and sensibly handle the undocumented population currently living within our borders. It is based on both the rule of law and the fundamental American principle of fairness.

Yes very good advice.

I will, but I know what his response will be...more tippy-toeing around the truth. He won't admit it is amnesty. He even says it isn't in his letter. I'll let you know...if he responds.

Quote Originally Posted by TyRANTosaur
    I will, but I know what his response will be...more tippy-toeing around the truth. He won't admit it is amnesty. He even says it isn't in his letter. I'll let you know...if he responds.
    I know, TYRANT but..........it's time that each one is PUT ON THE SPOT!
    Force them to 'explain' their double talk.

Please keep us posted. Our other Texans should jump on him too!

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The demand for an explanation of "sensible" has been sent. I will inform y'all when, if, I get a response.