Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Cornyn, Rove attend East Texas panel on immigration

Nov. 27, 2007, 10:52PM

TYLER — Republican U.S. Sen. John Cornyn said Tuesday that while failures at the federal level to address immigration issues have left people frustrated, state lawmakers should not be attempting to fix the problem.

Cornyn, joined by former White House strategist Karl Rove at the East Texas Immigration Summit, said states passing tougher immigration laws focused only on enforcement and not economic impacts.

"Immigration is the federal government's responsibility, under our Constitution," Cornyn said. "Piecemeal approaches at the state level deal with only one aspect of the issue."

Cornyn and Rove, the former deputy chief of staff to President Bush, was also joined in the panel discussion by Republican U.S. Rep. Ralph Hall. The summit was sponsored by Texas Employers for Immigration Reform, the Tyler Morning Telegraph reported in its Wednesday editions.

Rove said that one out of 20 workers in America is here illegally.

"If you think we can take 5 percent of our work force and throw them out, you're kidding yourself," Rove said. "We would suffer serious economic damage. There's a moral cost. There's a practical cost."

Cornyn called for a "cooling down" of the rhetoric surrounding the issue.

"The only way we can solve it is by coming together and reasoning. It's not going to be solved by some smart person in D.C. It won't be done until we achieve a consensus," he said.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/chr ... 34143.html
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

BSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBSBS

The concensus is already in. DEPORT DEPORT DEPORT

We have a consensus....over 80% of Americans want it done NOW
    The difference between an immigrant and an illegal alien is the equivalent of the difference between a burglar and a houseguest. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

11/27/07-Tyler
    Surprise Appearance: Karl Rove Joins Cornyn, Hall To Talk Immigration

There was an unexpected visitor to a conference on immigration in Tyler Tuesday: President Bush's right-hand-man for years, Karl Rove.

One of the most polarizing figures in politics says most Americans have the facts of illegal immigration all wrong.

The former Deputy Chief of Staff joined Senator John Cornyn and Congressman Ralph Hall to debate the broader and the finer points of immigration with more than 100 East Texas business leaders.

Rove directly took on the issue of the deportation of illegal immigrants.

"We can't just root them out and not have some economic damage done to our country. Let's be honest about it. It's going to cost big economic damage to our country. Not only will prices of a lot of things go up, but we're going to see a lot of jobs leave the country and never come home again," Rove said.

"Only the federal government has the authority to create a legal national immigration system that will meet the needs of Texas employers," said Sen. John Cornyn (R-Texas)

Any system, Cornyn says, must provide just as much foreign labor for Texas businesses as they're getting now, while still strengthening security.

http://www.kltv.com/global/story.asp?s=7417996
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Re: Cornyn, Rove attend East Texas panel on immigration

Quote Originally Posted by jean
    Nov. 27, 2007, 10:52PM

TYLER — Republican U.S. Sen. John Cornyn said Tuesday that while failures at the federal level to address immigration issues have left people frustrated, state lawmakers should not be attempting to fix the problem.

Cornyn, joined by former White House strategist Karl Rove at the East Texas Immigration Summit, said states passing tougher immigration laws focused only on enforcement and not economic impacts.

"Immigration is the federal government's responsibility, under our Constitution," Cornyn said. "Piecemeal approaches at the state level deal with only one aspect of the issue."

Cornyn and Rove, the former deputy chief of staff to President Bush, was also joined in the panel discussion by Republican U.S. Rep. Ralph Hall. The summit was sponsored by Texas Employers for Immigration Reform, the Tyler Morning Telegraph reported in its Wednesday editions.

Rove said that one out of 20 workers in America is here illegally.

"If you think we can take 5 percent of our work force and throw them out, you're kidding yourself," Rove said. "We would suffer serious economic damage. There's a moral cost. There's a practical cost."

"The only way we can solve it is by coming together and reasoning. It's not going to be solved by some smart person in D.C. It won't be done until we achieve a consensus," he said.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/chr ... 34143.html
    I like the states doing it by themselves. At least it's not AMNESTY! Which is what the federal level to address immigration issues , will do. I don't think America needs the Government's help. WE The People are taking back OUR country before it is Meximerica.

Even though my state is doing nothing.

I get a thrill out of all the gains in other states. If the Federal Funding was cut off in Sanctuary Cities, my state would do something then.
    PLEASE cut off Maine's funding!
    I'm trying to get Lou Dobbs or Glenn Becks attention so he would "out" us to everyone. but.......... nothing yet.

[size=12]
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    I'll tell you what.. I like to bump into Carl Rove... just once in my lifetime

Rove needs to get the man boobs taken care of... the guy thinks of himself as a man

Rove is still playing flunky for Bush on a smaller scale
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    Let me give you a cost estimate of booting you in your Fat A_s ... 0.00 cents; I'll do it for free and cut down on any overhead

Sure would hope the people in Texas are listening to your bull Sh_t and remember it on voting day. The American People are kicking you fools out of political office in the next 2 elections
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by AirborneSapper7
    Let me give you a cost estimate of booting you in your Fat A_s ... 0.00 cents; I'll do it for free and cut down on any overhead

[quote:g2uddrki]Cornyn called for a "cooling down" of the rhetoric surrounding the issue.
    Sure would hope the people in Texas are listening to your bull Sh_t and remember it on voting day. The American People are kicking you fools out of political office in the next 2 elections[/quote:g2uddrki]

Glenn Beck is some fired up lately on immigration. He's great to watch if your pissed off. I don't much agree on anything else he talks about........
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris