Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Cornyn Statement On Immigration Reform Announcement

Cornyn Statement On Immigration Reform Announcement
    Thursday, May 17, 2007

WASHINGTON—U.S. Sen. John Cornyn, a member of the Senate Judiciary Committee, made the following statement today regarding the announcement by Senator Kennedy and others that an agreement has been reached on comprehensive immigration reform legislation:

“While I appreciate the hard work by my colleagues as we spent countless hours negotiating this very difficult issue, I have serious concerns with the principles outlined in today’s announcement.

“I simply cannot, and will not, support any legislation that repeats the mistakes of the 1986 amnesty. So we have to make a basic determination: Will this bill restore respect for our laws? Or will it have the opposite effect, and encourage still more disregard for our immigration and border security laws, placing us within a few years in the same untenable position we’re now in?â€
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

And he loves to flip flop...Mr NAU of banking....maybe he is getting a soul
    Never look at another flag. Remember, that behind Government, there is your country, and that you belong to her as you do belong to your own mother. Stand by her as you would stand by your own mother

when I called his office the aid on the phone would say that he supports Legal immigration and that he is not apart of the executive branch and therefore cannot enforce the law.
    What a complete asshole.

well get the hell out of our way and go home Mr.Cornyn....and now you see why they want to make them all legal...so he can support them ...and have them clean his toliet for slave wages
    Never look at another flag. Remember, that behind Government, there is your country, and that you belong to her as you do belong to your own mother. Stand by her as you would stand by your own mother

mr cornyn said yesterday on the wells report, on KLIF that he does not intend to vote FOR this compromise as it is now. however he has said that he and the other texas senator, hutchinson, are going to get together and maybe add some amendments that will make it something that they think will be better so that they can vote yes for it

oh that is so sweet for those two to get together