Coulter: Does The American Taxpayer Want To Pay For Illegal Immigrants To Stay?

August 29, 2016

Ann Coulter talked the cost of illegal immigration on the American taxpayer and Donald Trump's position on illegal aliens in an interview with Andrea Mitchell on MSNBC Monday afternoon.

"I think he has been consistent really pretty much from day one," Coulter said. "He's going to protect the borders and not dissolve, you know, American sovereignty. I think he actually -- the only thing -- he was totally consistent this week in all of his speeches."

"The basic principle is build the wall," Coulter said. "No one who is here illegally, staying here, working illegally has a constitutional right to be here and we'll decide who gets to stay and who goes on the basis of what's good for America. I mean, the one thing, he's new to politics in some ways, on details, and often rhetorical issues, but the one thing that's his life has shot through with is putting Americans' interests first."

Coulter rebuts the argument that illegal immigrants pay taxes via state and local sales taxes. Coulter said, "illegal alien purchasing taxable goods in the amount of about $125,000 a year just to break even on what it costs Americans for that." Coulter's exchange with Mitchell, who she says is "doing exactly what people like me always complain about" -- "focusing on specific cases":

ANDREA MITCHELL: How do you decide who stays and goes when you have millions and millions of people? There are millions of people, arguably been here 20 years who have families who meet the definition he laid out in the Hannity interview down in Austin last week who are solid citizens. Do they all get to stay? You know, where do you draw the line?

ANN COULTER: You're doing exactly what people like me always complain about, and that is focusing on, you know, these specific cases. Look. For even the most law-abiding illegal alien as I described in my book, In Trump We Trump, and obviously this is covered much more in my last book, Adios America!, but even for the most law abiding illegal immigrant, and let's say an illegal immigrant who doesn't need language classes for his or her child, that one child will cost the taxpayers a minimum of $12,000 a year to educate.

What taxes do illegal aliens pay? They pay sales tax. Well, in the highest sales district in the entire country, you would have to have an illegal alien purchasing taxable goods in the amount of about $125,000 a year just to break even on what it costs Americans for that.

Coulter calls for the "amnesty crowd" to be honest about the cost of illegal immigration with the American taxpayer. Coulter asks would taxpayers rather pay for illegal immigrants being here or fund entitlements.

"What paying back taxes means... from the amnesty crowd means we give each illegal alien a huge earned income tax credit," she said. "We give illegal alien about $30,000, depending how long they've been working here in taxpayer money which, you know, okay, maybe Americans are going to want to do that. But I think we ought to be honest about it and we ought to check with the American people whose taxes are being used to pay for illegal aliens to stay here rather than to fund their Social Security, their Medicaid and their Medicare."

Coulter said "America needs a little now time" and this is a message "that transcends political parties."

"We have been through a tough time now," Coulter said of the nation. "We had 9/11, two wars, we've had a disastrous economy outside of New York, L.A., and Washington, D.C., outside of Wall Street getting bailouts. People are really suffering in America and I think America needs a little now time. I think this is a very appealing message that transcends political parties."

Full transcript of the exchange on the cost of illegal immigration:
ANN COULTER: I think he has been consistent really pretty much from day one. He's going to protect the borders and not dissolve, you know, American sovereignty. I think he actually -- the only thing -- he was totally consistent this week in all of his speeches...

The basic principle is build the wall. No one who is here illegally, staying here, working illegally has a constitutional right to be here and we'll decide who gets to stay and who goes on the basis of what's good for America. I mean, the one thing, he's new to politics in some ways, on details, and often rhetorical issues, but the one thing that's his life has shot through with is putting Americans' interests first...

ANDREA MITCHELL: How do you decide who stays and goes when you have millions and millions of people? There are millions of people, arguably been here 20 years who have families who meet the definition he laid out in the Hannity interview down in Austin last week who are solid citizens. Do they all get to stay? You know, where do you draw the line?

ANN COULTER: You're doing exactly what people like me always complain about, and that is focusing on, you know, these specific cases. Look. For even the most law-abiding illegal alien as I described in my book, In Trump We Trump, and obviously this is covered much more in my last book, Adios America!, but even for the most law abiding illegal immigrant, and let's say an illegal immigrant who doesn't need language classes for his or her child, that one child will cost the taxpayers a minimum of $12,000 a year to educate.

What taxes do illegal aliens pay? They pay sales tax. Well, in the highest sales district in the entire country, you would have to have an illegal alien purchasing taxable goods in the amount of about $125,000 a year just to break even on what it costs Americans for that.

What paying back taxes means... from the amnesty crowd means we give each illegal alien a huge earned income tax credit. We give illegal alien about $30,000, depending how long they've been working here in taxpayer money which, you know, okay, maybe Americans are going to want to do that. But I think we ought to be honest about it and we ought to check with the American people whose taxes are being used to pay for illegal aliens to stay here rather than to fund their Social Security, their Medicaid and their Medicare.

But the point I think Trump is making from the beginning is consistent with all of this -- he just fell into the cliches of the old Rubio amnesty crowd -- and that's to put Americans' interests first. On Jobs, on immigration, on going to war. What is best for America?

We have been through a tough time now. We had 9/11, two wars, we've had a disastrous economy outside of New York, L.A., and Washington, D.C., outside of Wall Street getting bailouts. People are really suffering in America and I think America needs a little now time. I think this is a very appealing message that transcends political parties.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vid...s_to_stay.html