Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... 490#181490

Sorry but I accidentally duplicated this story in another link today and after this article was posted. Link explains it all.

At least Councilman Mike Joyce is getting extra coverage this way.
    People who take issue with control of population do not understand that if it is not done in a graceful way, nature will do it in a brutal fashion - Henry Kendall

End foreign aid until America fixes it's own poverty first - me

Here is the emailed letter I sent to the Town of Cary with Mike Joyce cc:ed:

Town of Cary

Dear Mayor McAlister and Councilmembers:

Kudos to Councilman Joyce for his stances against illegal immigration. I read that Mike Joyce proposed last month cutting off Diamante Incorporated that has honored a person opposed to cracking down on illegal immigration, is using taxpayer funds to promote, and is organizing a Latino festival for August 5th.

According to news sources, council in Wake County have refused to back Joyce.

I certainly hope Mike Joyce does not resign. The citizens of Wake County (and throughout towns and cities across the USA) need more elected officials just like him, i.e., those who support legal citizens including legal immigrants over illegal foreign nationals.

Here is a link where Mike Joyce has recently garnered some support:

http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=34798

Please also check out a Letter to the Editor of the News & Observer I wrote that was published on July 1st:

http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... c&p=170908

Sincerely,

--------
    People who take issue with control of population do not understand that if it is not done in a graceful way, nature will do it in a brutal fashion - Henry Kendall

I certainly hope Mike Joyce does not resign. The citizens of Wake County (and throughout towns and cities across the USA) need more elected officials just like him, i.e., those who support legal citizens including legal immigrants over illegal foreign nationals.
    You go girl -- great job!

Quote Originally Posted by CheyenneWoman
    Thanks, CheyenneWoman,

When will you be making some fry bread again?

Annie

MW
    In 2004, Diamante hon*ored Ilana Dubester, a Chatham County woman who took part in a rally ear*lier this year against a con*gressional plan to increase deportations of illegal immi*g rants.
    Hmmm, I see there was no mention in the article about Councilman Herrera from Carborro, NC. He was also honored by Diamante this past year. Councilman Herrera made an attempt at convincing the town council of Carborro to allow illegal immigrants to vote. Futhermore, Councilman Herrera is doing all he can to support and encourage illegal immigrants in the town of Carborro, NC. If I'm not mistaken, I believe Councilman Herrera is a 1st generation American from Costa Rica.

Don't believe me, check this out:

Carrboro: Allow non-citizens to vote; Aldermen want legislators to take up issue in General Assembly

JENNIFER FERRIS jferris@heraldsun.com; 918-1036
    Chapel Hill Herald (Durham, NC)
    May 13, 2006
    The Durham Herald Co.

CARRBORO -- What might seem like a popular view in Carrboro could be too radical for the rest of the state to handle, members of the town's legislative delegation warned Friday.

Members of the Board of Aldermen asked their state representatives at a breakfast meeting to consider carrying several controversial issues to the next session of the General Assembly, which convenes Monday. But while all the legislators said they supported the measures -- which included introducing a bill allowing non-citizens to vote -- they declined to bring them to the state for consideration.

"What were talking about is a reality check in [the] legislature, and that's a long-term goal," state Sen. Ellie Kinnaird, D-Orange, responded to Alderman John Herrera when he asked her to broach the topic of non-citizen voting.

Herrera's argument was that with the current national focus on illegal immigration, such a measure that benefits legal immigrants would draw the focus back to that group.

"We should allow those folks who are permanent residents and on the path to citizenship to have a taste of the democratic franchise," Herrera said.

Mayor Mark Chilton also chimed in, and said he frequently hears local residents bemoaning their citizenship status in relation to their ability to vote.

"It's ironic that these parents, who come to school meetings and want to be included, are disenfranchised this way," Chilton said. "[While canvassing for a recent election], It was amazing to me the percentage of people here who say 'I'm sorry, I'm not a citizen.'"

Over the last decade, Carrboro has seen a huge increase in its Hispanic population.

That population is now around 14 percent of the town's total.

Many cities and states have taken up the issue of non-citizen voting; recently, members of the New York City Council reintroduced a bill that would allow the city's one million legal immigrants to vote.

The U.S. Constitution gives individual states the right to determine who can vote.

Rep. Verla Insko, D-Orange, suggested a similar strategy for Carrboro.

"A pilot project might work here," she said.

But Herrera, the first elected Hispanic official in the state, insisted the delegation bring the voting measure before the General Assembly, saying it would "frame the issue the way it should be: from illegal to legal."

Ultimately, Insko charged Herrera with finding support elsewhere in the state. "When you find three other counties that will sign up for this, come back to us," she said, and qualified her statement, saying they should be counties that "carry more weight than Orange and Durham."

Other issues

Herrera also asked the delegates' support in several other immigration-related issues. He is looking for support with in-state tuition for immigrant students moving toward citizenship and ensuring driving privileges for immigrants.

Another hot topic, one that both aldermen and state representatives agreed on, was the need to keep local control over video franchising. Chilton said he fears the local public access station, The People's Channel, is threatened by moves nationally and within the state to allow video service providers to operate independently of local government.

Rep. Joe Hackney, D-Orange, said the legislature was working out a compromise with the cable service providers. "A lot of steam is behind this and I doubt anybody is going to be able to stop it," he said.

The aldermen also asked the delegates to support land conservation, affordable housing, greater funding for childcare and a rejection of a tax exemption for builders.

With the exception of the conversation about non-citizen voting, the meeting went smoothly and the two groups agreed on every issue.

Kinnaird remarked on the ease with which the groups interact.

"We're very lucky," she said. "We reflect y'all's values and you reflect
    Here is a letter written by Michael Joyce:

From Michael A. Joyce
    CARY, NC: The Town annually funds numerous non-profit organizations. Again this budget season, a Hispanic outreach organization will be receiving $5,000 funding of taxpayer money with a 5-2 vote from Cary Town Council.

That organization is Diamante, Inc.

The use of Cary taxpayer money is being wasted by that organization to honor a person who is working against the citizens of NC.

Here is an example.
    Diamante, Inc. honored Mr. John A. Herrera, a Board of Alderman in Carborro, NC, for a Lifetime Achievement Award.

Read this info from http://www.thenation.com/doc/20050620/nichols2

Here is a quote from that article by Mr. Herrera:
    "If you are already living here and paying taxes and doing things citizens do, the only thing you don't have is the right to vote," Herrera told the local paper as he launched his push for immigrant voting rights.

Please contact your local and State leaders to ensure your tax dollars are not being spent honoring those who are trying to promote voting rights for illegal aliens.

Michael A. Joyce
    At-large Representative
    Cary Town Council
    919-460-8558
    http://www.townofcary.org/council/mjoyce.htm

24 May 2006 by Editor
    2004 Latino Diamante Awards to Honor Eight North Carolinians
    10-12-2004

CARY, N.C. -- Diamante, Inc. will present the ninth annual Latino Diamante Awards, North Carolina’s most prestigious Hispanic event, on Saturday, October 16 at 6:00 p.m. at the Sheraton Imperial Hotel in RTP, NC. Diamante, Inc., organizes these awards to honors the contributions to the Hispanic/Latino community of North Carolina. It also praises Hispanics whose success helps to enhance the image of the Hispanic Community.
    The 2004 Selection Committee selected the following recipients:

Art & Culture: Pepe Caudillo - Editor of La Conexión Spanish-Language Newspaper (Raleigh, NC).

Business: Tanya Riemer - Mortgage Account Executive, Bank of America (Chapel Hill, NC). Community Involvement: Ilana Dubester - NC

Coordinator, Funders’ Collaborative for Strong Latino Communities (Pittsboro, NC).

Education: Manuel “Chico” Cruz - Coordinator/Instructor, North Carolina Justice Center (Asheville, NC).

Health & Science: North Carolina Healthy Start Foundation (Statewide).

Latino Advocate: Congressman David Price - U.S. House of Representatives (Chapel Hill, NC).

Youth Accomplishment: Deyanira Chavez - Freshman, UNC at Charlotte (Asheville, NC).

Lifetime Achievement: John A. Herrera - Vice President for Latino Affairs, Center for Community Self-Help (Chapel Hill, NC)

“It is a great pleasure to honor individuals and organizations whose significant contributions impact the every day life of Hispanics/Latinos in our state,” said Lizette Cruz-Watko, founder. “It is our way of thanking them for their contributions for making North Carolina better place to live for thousands of Hispanics.” Monty Knight of News Anchor at NBC 17 is serving as master of ceremony with Mr. Marcelo Gaete from NALEO Education Fund, as keynote speaker. Mr. Gaete will speak on the Latino Factor in the upcoming presidential elections.
    The event is underwritten by Anheuser-Busch and Bank of America with the support of Progress Energy, La Conexión Newspaper, Univision 40 and others. Singer Alex Ruiz and Orquesta Color Latino will serve to entertain the 300 guests expected.

For more information on Diamante, Inc. contact 919/852-0075.
    Also, note that the group honored Rep. David Price (D-NC) too!

Is all this making you dizzy with anger yet? Perhaps this will do the trick - here is Mike Joyce's information packet he submitted to the Cary Town Council in its entirety:

http://carypolitics.org/diamante.pdf

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by noillegalimmigrationannie
    Thanks, CheyenneWoman,

Annie
    I guess I'd better - where's Sippy with the keg?

MW, of course we believe you. But those articles are absolutely frightening. This is just insidious.

Here is something I just plain don't understand:

The U.S. Constitution gives individual states the right to determine who can vote.
    That doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me, but maybe I'm just being dense. WHERE in the Constitution does it say this?

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    Hmmm, I see there was no mention in the article about Councilman Herrera from Carborro, NC. He was also honored by Diamante this past year. Councilman Herrera made an attempt at convincing the town council of Carborro to allow illegal immigrants to vote. Futhermore, Councilman Herrera is doing all he can to support and encourage illegal immigrants in the town of Carborro, NC. If I'm not mistaken, I believe Councilman Herrera is a 1st generation American from Costa Rica.
    MW,

I don't remember either any mention of councilman Herrara in the news articles. Sounds like another one with questionable morals, allegiences and ideals has slipped through the cracks.

Annie

Quote Originally Posted by noillegalimmigrationannie
    Thanks, CheyenneWoman,

Annie
    I guess I'd better - where's Sippy with the keg?
    I think fry bread and keg beer are the perfect companions. Add some salsa too......

Also, note that the group honored Rep. David Price (D-NC) too!
    ...the token?

Which are the awards for other than latinos?
    We are NOT a nation of immigrants!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast