Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

County Court: Man facing child sex assault charges gets hear

Wednesday, Jan 21, 2009 - 10:53:33 am CST
    A Fremont man accused of sexually assaulting a 10-year-old boy was bound over to Dodge County District Court after a preliminary hearing.

Julio Ramos, 36, is charged with sexual assault of a child, a Class IB felony, and third-degree sexual assault of a child, a Class IIIA felony. He was bound over to Dodge County District Court for a Feb. 5 arraignment.

Detective Aaron Howe testified the sexual assault allegation was discovered after officers responded to domestic disturbance call. Ramos is accused of making the boy inappropriately touch him outside of his clothes and Ramos also is accused of inappropriately touching the boy.

A request to reduce Ramos’ bond from 10 percent of a $500,000 was denied.

Other cases heard Tuesday in Dodge County Court included (unless otherwise noted, an additional $44 in court costs is added to fines and jail sentences):

* Alejandro Aguilar-Sanchez, 36, of Omaha pleaded guilty to no proof of insurance, a Class II misdemeanor, and expired in-transit license plates, a Class V misdemeanor. He was fined $100.

* Antonio Ambrosio, 47, of West Point pleaded guilty to no proof of insurance. He was fined $75.

* Isais Carreto, 28, of Fremont pleaded innocent to third-degree assault and false reporting, Class I misdemeanors. A Feb. 17 pretrial conference was set. Carreto has a detainer from Immigration and Customs Enforcement.

* Paul Cervantes, 28, of Fremont pleaded guilty to providing false information, a Class I misdemeanor. He was sentenced to 30 days in jail and given credit for time served.

* Natividad Chavez, 22, of Fremont pleaded guilty to driving under the influence-first offense, a Class W misdemeanor, and driving during revocation, a Class II misdemeanor. She was sentenced to six months of probation and fined $600. As part of her probation, she must attend a defensive driving class, a victim’s impact panel and a chemical education class. She also must perform 60 hours of community service and her driver’s license was revoked for 60 days.

* Steven Cords, 18, of Scribner pleaded no contest to attempted possession of a controlled substance, a Class I misdemeanor. A pre-sentence investigation was ordered and sentencing set for

March 10.

* Aldemar Fuentes, 19, of Fremont waived his right to a preliminary hearing and was bound over to Dodge County District Court for a Feb. 5 arraignment. He is charged with third-degree sexual assault of a child, a Class IIIA felony, and criminal impersonation, a Class I misdemeanor.

* Elmer Juarez, 39, of Fremont pleaded guilty to no proof of insurance and no operator’s license. He was fined $100.

* Israel Gerena-Morales, 37, of Fremont pleaded guilty to no valid registration, a Class III misdemeanor, and driving under suspension, a Class III misdemeanor. He was fined $175 and his driver’s license was suspended for one year.

* Hector Hernandez, 26, of Fremont was sentenced to six months of probation and fined $400 for DUI-first offense. As part of his probation, he must attend a defensive driving class, a victim’s impact panel and a chemical education class. He also must perform 60 hours of community service and his driver’s license was revoked for 60 days.

* Jose Linares, 25, of Fremont had his arraignment for leaving the scene of a property damage accident, a Class II misdemeanor, and DUI-third offense, continued until Feb. 17.

* Ricardo Lozada-Tellez, 33, of Fremont waived his right to a preliminary hearing and was bound over to Dodge County District Court for a Feb. 5 arraignment. He is charged with second-degree assault and use of a weapon to commit a felony, Class III felonies.

* Leta Fornoff was appointed to represent Jonathan Manzanarez-Estrada, 19, of Fremont and a Feb. 17 preliminary hearing was set. Manzanarez-Estrada is charged with possession of a controlled substance-methamphetamine with the intent to deliver, a Class III felony; possession of a controlled substance-cocaine, a Class IV felony; false reporting, a Class I misdemeanor; and possession of drug paraphernalia, an infraction. A bond of 10 percent of $15,000 was set.

* Luisa Palacio, 24, of Fremont pleaded innocent procuring alcohol for a minor and contributing to the delinquency of a minor, Class I misdemeanors. A Feb. 24 pretrial conference was set.

* Christopher Poast, 34, of Nickerson pleaded guilty to no proof of insurance and speeding. He was fined $150.

* Mauricio Sustaita-Castillo, 30, of Fremont waived his right to a preliminary hearing and was bound over to Dodge County District Court for a Feb. 5 arraignment. He is charged with possession of a controlled substance, a Class IV felony, and false information, a Class I misdemeanor. His bond was reduced from 10 percent of $100,000 to 10 percent of $50,000. There is an ICE detainer on him.

* Julian Varela-Corona, 33, of Fremont pleaded guilty to theft by shoplifting, a Class II misdemeanor. He was fined $150.

* Otto Vasquez, 32, of Fremont pleaded no contest to DUI-first offense greater than .15 percent blood alcohol content, a Class W misdemeanor, and false reporting, a Class I misdemeanor. He was sentenced to 60 days in jail, fined $400 and his driver’s license was revoked for one year. He has an ICE detainer.

* Arturo Villegas, 31, of Omaha had his arraignment for false reporting, a Class I misdemeanor, and speeding, an infraction, continued until Feb. 17.

* Bench warrants for failure to appear were ordered for: Martin Sanchez, 25, Ruben Alejos, 21, Lipeio Gonzales, 20, Emillia Corral-Lara, 36, and Carlos Rodriguez, 24, all of Fremont; and Tomas Perez-Luis, 19, and Jose Munoz-Rosado, 26, of Schuyler.

Comments are not available on this story.

http://www.fremonttribune.com/articles/ ... 156981.txt

Comments are not available on this story.

Hmm, I wonder why? NOT!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)