Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Coverage of Postville raid misses the point

Published May 30, 2008 12:24 am -

Coverage of Postville raid misses the point

I have read the public reaction to the Postville raid and am amazed at how the press and local politicians have missed the point so badly. The direction of the story has been to blame the government for making the raid, discussing the economic hardship it might bring to the community, with our own mayor bemoaning what would happen were there to be a raid in Ottumwa. The real story has been clouded with political correctness and misguided concern for the immigrant population.

In 1906, author Upton Sinclair wrote “The Jungle,â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

good aritcle i thought . But i have one point to make , the most powerful point also i believe . Slave labor , yeah . Were the "Slave Masters" arrested ? NO
    Nam vet 1967/1970 Skull & Bones can KMA .Bless our Brothers that gave their all ..It also gives me the right to Vote for Chuck Baldwin 2008 POTUS . NOW or never*

I think that is funny how he gets everything right until the last paragraph where he goes whacko. He wants Comprehensive legiislation to allow people who want to do so to immigrate here legally. There are far too many immigrants now. Legislation is supposed to optimize conditions for citizens not people who want to immigrate. We would be hurt if there were no immigrants but how many, with what skills, from where are supposed to be things we decide.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)